“exellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

me an my wife went in an it was so warm the welcoming we were recomdid sum dishez by the manager which so lovely an it was to our taste felt like home food end of the meal we were bought sum home made tea complimentary.this restraunt realy goes out of there way to look after you

2  Thank Ali H
There are newer reviews for Kolkata

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been eating in Indian restaurants for over 40 years and have experienced every type of environment from cold and sterile to wildly over attentive. Both extremes are uncomfortable and have a dramatic effect on the enjoyment of the meal before we even rate the food. Kolkata has the perfect balance - welcoming and friendly from the minute you walk through the door without being oppressive. A rare quality. I moved to the area a few months ago and am now fairly regular. I go on my own and with friends and family and enjoy every visit, really relaxing. Oh and by the way the food is really good too!

2  Thank PaulKing59
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have eaten in the Restaurant and also ordered home delivery. I have to say that there is no difference in the quality of the food received by either service. If you eat in the restaurant you are welcomed warmly. The staff are knowledgeable about the menu and can even create a surprise dish for you if you tell them what you like. My son has a nut allergy and it is great to know that you can order a dish and clearly state no nuts please and know that they will ensure this is so. It also means as a family we can eat a meal together without worrying. The menu has a good selection of many types of food and everything is served explaining which dish is which. The restaurant is comfortable and there is parking outside the restaurant. Overall I would say that the restaurant offers a good service both onsite and as a takeaway, thanks to Ali and his staff.

1  Thank Shazzha
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went to Kolkata with my wife and my 4 yr old daughter for dinner.
We ordered 2 starters and 2 main courses along with Naan bread and Egg rice. The starters were yummy.
For main course we ordered two chicken curry dishes. The food was great and tasty but I guess it was my fault that I did not order different currys as the ordered currys were very similar. Price is very reasonable. Staffs were great and friendly. The décor is very pleasant, nice layout and neat and tidy. Toilet was very clean (My thumb rule to judge hygiene of restaurant is by looking at the condition of its toilet!).
Recommended and hope to go back soon.

2  Thank sg2808
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A true local restaurant, very friendly staff and overall a great experience.

Very good selection of dishes including all time favourites chicken tikka and saag aloo.

The portions were very generous!

Will definitely visit again!

2  Thank Bahatelos