“Ideal location near London” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Village Hotel London Watford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
Horncastle, United Kingdom
“Ideal location near London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Used this Village Hotel as a base for a North London Family and Friends pre-Christmas weekend. Friendly welcome from efficient staff. Easy parking, stylish en-suite room, grand facilities for swimming, steam room and sauna, provided you choose the quiet times. Very good pub atmosphere at the Victory, been looking forward to burger and chips since our last Village Hotel visit in Hull. Breakfast service in the Italian Restaurant was efficient and trouble free, even though there were a lot of guests staying. Hot breakfast selection served on smallish dishes, replenished regularly, which meant nothing looked as though it had been hanging around for too long. They even managed to produce crispy bacon. If I'm planning any trip, my first search is always to see if there is a Village Hotel within striking distance. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
hertfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Initially things seemed fine, room was acceptable, the remote control for tv was missing but housekeeping sorted this immediately.
The swimming pool was ok as was the steam room.
We had drinks in the bar before our xmas party, they were expensive. The food was acceptable at the party. The main problem occurred when after the party finished at 01:00am the bars in the hotel were shut! No one had told us this would happen, so there was 15 people who were staying at the hotel sitting around without anything to drink! We had stayed and had our xmas party at this hotel previously and was able to sit and have a drink, so what a disappointment to find residents of the hotel could not drink after 01:00am . So we all ended up sitting in the lounge area without drinks.
Can't complain about the breakfast, there was a good choice and the waitresses were friendly.
I don't know if all rooms had the same problem but i could not get the hotels wi-fi in my room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Booked a table for five people earlier in the week online. There was no record of the booking. Shown to a table and ordered eventually. Waitress returned with jug of water and five glasses on s tray which she dropped and the glass smashed on the table and on my husband. We were moved to another table in a dark corner. We then waited and waited for our main meal. When it arrived we were told we would be offered a free coffee. We then waited ages for it to be cleared and after that we had to go in search of the waiter to order dessert. It took twenty minutes to arrive after that and that was only after I complained. The free coffees turned up in two's.

Amazingly when we asked for the bill that turned up in less than s minute.

I have been to Buca di Beppe several times but never again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

booked as it was fairly local for a friends wedding and first impressions checking in at lunchtime was staff weren't over impressed as it said 3pm. I explained I had rung to check as we had booked 2 rooms and we' were at the church for 3pm. Rooms a little worn and waiting in the bar area for friends it was clear it was loud and brash and not our scene. What made it for us was the strictly stars and dancers were staying there so when we arrived back very late my wife was over the moon to meet up with them and again at breakfast. If you bear in mind the £79 then it is good value for money but is very loud.

Room Tip: any the sound proofing was excellent
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Stone, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

A weekend away to enable a variety of activities.
The hotel is 2.5 miles from Edgeware tube station,a quick £8 in a taxi. It's also 2 miles from the Elstree studios where Strictly come dancing is held.
A simple hotel with a massive spa, gym and pool used by locals and guests. The rooms were fine,all you needed in a standard room, no bath just a walk in shower. Clean and mod. The hotel has a Starbucks, Italian resturant and a pub which also serves food. The deal was great at £72 a night, if you stay 2 nights a evening meal is thrown in, breakfast included as well. Great price.( weekend rates)
What we really liked was that you are staying outside of London but it was so easy to get in to the city. Edgware tube is the last stop on the Northern line, but it's only 30minutes into town and is £ 17for2.
Having stayed in various hotels across London, we did like being outside the city but within easy reach and of course a cheap price.
We had no complaints at all and enjoyed a great weekend.
By the way all the Strictly stars and dancers were staying there as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Tried to book a night at this hotel for a Xmas party I am attending.
I wanted check check this was the correct place and selected the correct option from the phone options. It was confirmed as the correct place, however to book a room, I was put through to "Central Booking". The phone was never answered, so after 10 minutes hanging on on an 0871 number I hung up. I redialled and selected Central Booking of the main menu. After another 10 minutes of hanging on, the phone still wasn't answerred. It kept telling me to use their web site. So today in desparation, I used the website which after 10 minutes, I still couldn't book a room! At least it was free! I decided to ring the 0871 number one more time and eventually got through after 5 minutes wait. I'm not sure why I bothered as he was not a native english speaker and it took almost 5 minutes just to get my desired date understood (I am a native english speaker with no strong accent). After another long wait I was finally told that the hotel was full and no rooms were available. What a waste of time and as a business a disaster, I will not be calling their number or using their website ever again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, clean comfortable room, very helpful staff, stopped on the way down to the O2 to let them know we wouldn't be checking in till late, they put in on the computer next to my booking, check in quick. Breakfast on first day was ok but nothing to write home about, we wanted to have a quick getaway on Sunday morning so checked what time breakfast was and told it was 8 till 10, we went down for 8 quite a few people had the same idea, restaurant all in darkness not set up for breakfast another guest went and got someone who went in to find out what was going on, came back out & let us in, but there was no waiters to be seen, no continental breakfast items out toaster not on no bread some cooked available no explanation very disappointing . Left and went to find breakfast elsewhere, glad I didn't pay used tesco vouchers.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elstree
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Sopwell House
#3 of 9 in St Albans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,019 reviews
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel

Been to Village Hotel London Watford? Share your experiences!