“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel, clean rooms, friendly receptionist and a nice place to stay.
The only reason I've given very good, and not excellent was because the pool was mega busy on a sunday morning, and that I'd booked a room and then realised that for 20 pound more I could of had two nights. When I rang back, they wanted me to pay another 120 pound, and not the additional twenty, so a bit disappointed from that point.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sparrowlegs17,

First and foremost thank you for your review of your recent visit to Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I certainly appreciate your positive comments and are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We have fantastic leisure facilities for our guests to utilise however due to the size of our Leisure Club our pool area can sometimes be busy during peak periods. We do appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to provide this to us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome back to our hotel and thank you again for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and always had a good experience. Unfortunately my most recent stay was poor. The reception staff were rude and unhelpful. The room service was very slow and the food cold once it arrived. The gym was dirty and again staff very rude. Such a shame for a hotel I've always been very impressed with. I'm now looking elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Geoff C,

First and foremost please allow me to apologise for our lack in usual high standards of service and hospitality. The team and I are extremely disappointed to read you were disappointed with your recent visit to Village Urban Resort London Elstree.

I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly which will allow me to fully understand where we fell short and introduce measures where necessary to ensure this is not repeated in the future. If you could kindly contact me at luke.pearl@village-hotels.com it would be greatly appreciated.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights (on business). I have also stayed at villages at Swansea, Bournemouth and Bury. The trip adviser reviews are accurate - there are a lot of good things going for this hotel: gym /pool; free wifi; rooms and beds; and a dining option (pub or Italian).
I asked to move rooms because I had trouble with the noise from the a41 during the night, but I see no one else has mentioned this, so maybe it's me? It was no problem and my bag was moved for me during the day. New room overlooking the car park on the 2nd night - no problem sleeping.
I would return if/when in the area again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Greetings James19564,

Thank you for your recent review of Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and thoroughly enjoyed reading your feedback.

Although we were slightly disappointed your sleep was disrupted on the 1st night of your stay I am glad the team made arrangements to move your room which ultimately led to a pleasant nights sleep on your 2nd night!

Thank you again for your feedback as it allows us to continue to improve our service and standards we deliver to our guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Village Urban Resort London Elstree in the near future.
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights 2 adults and a 2 year old. Had a lovely time. Room spacious clean and tidy, pull out bed for our two year old. Lots of variety at breakfast and times flexible until 11am. Really welcomed all staff lovely especially Brittany on reception really made my little girl feel welcome. Are in the bar area and good value nice food kids eat free with adult meal. Used pool and sauna which was a perk. We travelled via the underground to stanmore station return was £8 -£11 per adult depending on the time this allowed unlimited travel on the underground for the day. From stanmore it was between £6-£7 taxi to the hotel. We had a brilliant break - maybe a little too far out of london for some but suited us.

• Stayed June 2014
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Beckdavies,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I were delighted (especially Brittany!) to read your stay was enjoyable!

We were especially pleased you were able to enjoy all the facilities the hotel has to offer and were able to take advantage of our pool and sauna.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Corby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The receptionist staff, where very welcoming. Rooms where very nice, also the hotel was very clean and tidy. The bucca di beppo italian resturant served some gorgeous food. Would Definitely reccomend this hotel to stay in. And i will definitely be back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Joanna F,

First and foremost please allow me to thank you for taking the time and trouble in completing a review from your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. We are delighted your visit was an enjoyable experience and you were able to enjoy the offering the hotel has to offer.

The team and I enjoyed reading your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great recommendation from friends we already booked next visit. My husband and I were looking for a nice restaurant to eat in to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary sadly couldn't get a room as they were fully booked which to us was a good sign means its a good place to visit the two girls on reception were both very nice and helpful we received a nice friendly welcome from a young lady in buca di beppo she was very pleasant showed us to a table gave us menu's asked us if we would like a drink very nice (too many menu's maybe) the restaurant was quite busy but our waitress rosie (same name as my mum) really did your restaurant friendly service proud rosie was really great chatted to us took interest in myself and my husband made us feel welcome and as it was are wedding anniversary myself and my huband were made to feel extra special just with small little extra rosie did for us liked giving me a little choclate heart after dinner little touches like that there was a slight delay with are food but rosie keep us informed which was nice so were ignore and left wondering where our food was . so really really like to thank you for that rosie food wasnt the best we have ever had which was a bit of a let down espically as the resturant was so lovely there was a younge watier working too that night sadly didnt catch his name lovely younge man he also to made us feel very welcome very happy youge man he came over to myself and my husband made sure we were ok and we was enjoy our meal so thank you all for making our visit special your waitress and waiter are a really credit to your company but made the cooks need slighty bit more training we will be in next week with friend looking forward to it and hopefully rosie and that younge man are both working

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Alan,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. We are extremely pleased we were able to assist in making your 1st anniversary special, our only disappointment is we were unable to provide a room due to the hotel been full!

We certainly hope your second anniversary is just as special so please do not hesitate to contact us as we will be delighted to assist!

Thank you once again for the feedback, our team (especially Rosie!) and I certainly appreciate you taking the time and trouble in providing this to us.
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Village Hotel, Elstree offers all the amenities you could want. Their swimming pool, sauna, jaccuzzi and gym are amazing (they can get a little busy at peek times). The inhouse Italian restaurant is reasonably priced and good good, or if you prefer, try the Victory Pub. This offers large screens showing most sporting events, with a great atmosphere. The rooms are great sizes.

Room Tip: All rooms are actually good