We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights when we went to the Harry potter studio tour (which is around 25mins away approx) and also into London. The hotel itself is modern and clean and the majority of the staff were very helpful. We stayed with our 3 month old and requested a quiet room with a travel cot and they delivered both of these things without any trouble. Our room overlooked the car park at the front, with the windows shut you don't hear a thing, but with the windows open it's incredibly noisy (even on a Sunday night!!) it sounded like there were deliveries arriving all night. The bed was comfortable but quite hard and moved away from the headboard if you rolled over etc. overall It was very clean and the monsoon shower is amazing if you been walking around London allday!! We ate in both restaurants, but we definitely preferred the Italian even though the menu was small. Two main courses and two drinks came to under £20. The bar / grill was very disappointing as we went for an evening meal on Sunday evening around 7ish, it wasn't very busy and yet they had sold out of most things on the menu !! It was also £32 for two main courses and two drinks and the quality of the food was average !!! Breakfast buffet was good with the option of full English, pastries, fruit, cereal and toast. Tea and coffee were brought to your table but oj and milk were available on the buffet.
Can't comment on tube stations because we drove and used the hotels free parking but we drove to Westfield shopping centre in Stratford and it took approx 45 mins and the same to get to Kew Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel London Watford is located just off Junction 5 of the M1, 1 mile from Elstree and Borehamwood Train Station and just 30 minutes from Central London. It is ideal for quick access to the M1, M25, A1 and Watford Junction Train Station. Nearby attractions include Wembley Stadium, Harry Potter Theme Park and Legoland. Village Hotel London Watford has 120 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, Hair Salon, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Village Hotel London Watford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village London Hotel Elstree
- Village Hotel London Watford Elstree, Hertfordshire