“Just arrived Sunday night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Hotel London Watford

and 1 more site!
Village Hotel London Watford
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
“Just arrived Sunday night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just arrived room ok .. however unhappy daughter as she cant swim after 6 oclock no lifeguard ... i mean h&s gone mad surely rule should just be accompanied by adult ? And now in car looking for somewhere to eat italian is shut on a Sunday ? Victory pub is just fried food . Really fancied a roast so off to see if can find one !

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear PinkPinkPink80,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Village Urban Resort London Elstree. It’s great to hear your stay was enjoyable, and that the room was to your liking.

We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel. However, I am sorry to hear that our kids swimming time didn’t suit your requirements during your stay. All our Leisure Clubs within Village Urban Resorts are open both to our members and to our Hotel guests as well. Children are welcome every day between 9 am to noon and from 2 pm to 5.30 on Monday and Tuesday; to 6.30 pm on Wednesday and Thursday; to 7.30 on Friday

We do endeavour to satisfy the requirements of all our residents as well as our leisure club members. We have tried to give ample opportunity to satisfy each of our guests needs.

Our Victory Pub & Kitchen offers a wide range of hearty pub favourites alongside our daily specials. We hope you will get the chance to visit again and try our mouth-watering classics from the kitchen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here before, so thought I'd give another review, as last one wasn't brilliant.

Much better, my room was available when I turned up, gym and pool were available, room was great and the shower didn't flood this time!

Only downside is the Italian restaurant wasn't open, so had to go to the pub place, which is busy and noisy, food only average at best. Is also a bit of a chav magnet as they congregate in groups before heading out somewhere.

Brekkie is okay, but had better choices elsewhere.

If it were closer to a tube station if would be more appealing, but out a bit in the sticks and both Edgware and Stanmore tube stations need taxi's to get too.

I think my last review said this place could be so much better, having stayed again, my view remains the same. 3rd time lucky next time!?

Room Tip: Try to get one at the back of the hotel
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi ChrisW178,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review from your recent visit to Village Urban Resort London Elstree. We are extremely pleased this experience was improved from your last visit.

I would like if possible to speak directly with you regarding how we might improve our service and offerings as from you review we have areas where we can improve. If you could please contact me at luke.pearl@village-hotels.com it would be greatly appreciated.
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel as I was working in and around the Watford area for a couple of days, it was only a few pounds more than the Premier Inn in central Watford I nearly booked but well worth every penny.

The morning of check-in I received a phone call to confirm my booking as I had book two rooms for three nights (myself and a colleague) and the hotel just wanted to check so I did not get charged twice.

The staff on reception were very friendly when we were checking in and informed us all the hotel facilities.

The room was spectacular, full working Air Conditioning, 32" Flat screen TV and possibly the most comfortable bad I've every slept on.
The bathroom was very large too with a walk in shower that was very powerful.

Downstairs There was a typical Bar that served both Food and Drink which was very good. It also had many TV's on the walls showing various sports. There was also an Italian Restaurant where they served Dinner and breakfast but I cannot comment on it as we did not visit it.

But what I really loved about this hotel was it's leisure facilities. It had one on the biggest swimming pools and gyms I've every seen in a UK hotel. Both were very well kept and just what was needed after a long days work.

All in all this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in the UK. If I am every in the area again or want to stay just out of London this will be my first choice.

Location
1 Thank FREEJAFFA
Greetings FREEJAFFA,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I were extremely pleased we were able to provide you with and enjoyable visit!

We were also pleased you were able to enjoy a variety of offerings we provide to our guests, including our fully equipped Leisure Club.

Thank you again for writing such a positive review and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Village Urban Resort London Elstree in the near future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed in 6 different Village hotels around the country and I have have to say the Elstree experience has by far been the worst one I have had not only for a Village hotel but just as a general hotel. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and as in previous years decided to book a 3 day break with Village Elstree ( BIG MISTAKE! ! ), on our arrival we checked in and were given a menu with some dining options we opted for the dine for 2 - 3 course meal @£29 we booked our table for 8.30 pm and turned up dually only to be told we cannot have the option aa the menu is a sample menu and out of date, ok so we chose something else feom a different menu cant have that either only until 7pm erm ok restaurant manager comes over and we explain situation, she explains about out of date menu's and goes to remove from reception and never returns, starts to deal with a different issue we sit there for 20mins and then leave, we go to Victory Pub and have a nice meal when it comes to ordering desserts they are out of stock for 3 out of the 6 items, we leave. Day 2 - have breakfast everything going fine but when we go back to room keys don't work, I trek back down 3 floors get them sorted and try again still don't work, front of house manager Ivana comes and sorts out, turns out door lock is faulty, Ivana ask wife abour stay, wife recounts previous days events, Ivana apologises and says she will arrange something special for us for tonight, tonight comes same restaurant manager does not applogise for previous nights events and offers us 2 drinks on the house (very special indeed), we politey thank her and leave, we then go to eat in victory pub again, order some food the lamb koftas come raw we spoke to waiter and he asks to replace we politey decline ans ask for two desserts up to the same value once again jusy like previous day same items out of stock, we choose ice cream and sticky toffee pudding, after waiting 35mins and no desserts arriving we make an enquiry, it just so happens the young man dealing with our request did not order our desserts but instead went on his break!!! We then were assured that it was ordered 15mins later it did (50 minutes later). Day 3 - go have have breakfast (nice) coming back to room keys do not work again same routine again, after a quick chat we decided to pack our bags and leave (wedding anniversary ruined) I had paid for 3 days but was so disgusted with the level of service I decided to take the hit, when reception asked why we were leaving a day early and after hearing our story and taking my contact details assured me thw managwr would contact me the following day, it is now 4.05pm and I am writing this review and have had no contact either from the management or anybody else.

Needless to say that will be our last stay with the Village hotels chain!!

An extremely unhappy customer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goku1969
Dear Goku1969,

First and foremost please allow to apologise for your recent disappointing experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. We strive to provide the highest levels of service and standards to all our guests however on this occasion we have fallen short in providing this to you.

I do not wish to look for excuses and would like to take the opportunity to discuss your experience directly with you. If you could kindly please contact me at luke.pearl@village-hotels.com it would be greatly appreciated.
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Seriously, this place is the business. I've been coming to Village hotels for years (so I'm already a bit of a fan, admittedly). The Village in Elstree is right up there as a great place to work and meet. I don't know what it is, exactly. Maybe it's the layout and décor. (Autocorrect put that posh é in décor!) Maybe it's the location. Maybe it's the pool and gym area. Maybe it's the staff (yes, actually that's a big part). When I come here I feel completely at ease. I work. I meet people. I've bumped into people who've become clients. The business area is... well... business like! Which I love. Anyway, getting back to the staff... That reception desk is the most helpful one I know. I just had to get a battery for my mouse, for example: no problem. Booking a meeting room at short notice: no problem. Telling me when my guest arrives: no problem. Brittany and Erika on the desk are utter pros. Quick. Accurate. Smiley. Oh, and the biscuits! Definitely try it out for a business meeting or stay. It's right on top of the M1 and A41. Heaps of parking.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Greetings DavidCh999,

First and foremost please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are extremely pleased we are able to meet your business needs while exceeding your service expectations!

Both Brittany & Erica are delighted to have been mentioned personally in your review however must agree with your comments as they are two of our shining stars! I was also extremely pleased you mentioned our Cookies that we place on our reception each evening for our guests. As stated, these are certainly a favourite amongst our guests!

DavidCh999, thank you again for taking the time and trouble to review Village Urban Resort London Elstree. I do hope I have the opportunity to personally meet you in the near future however in the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist please feel free to ask.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the weekend and the room was very nice. We paid extra fort the VIP deck, not sure it was worth the upgrade for the room although the bathroom with a walk-in wet room was fab! The room itself fine - hair dryer and iron included which was handy and sky tv. The BOSE speakers are in serious need of an update, they are old and we couldn't get them working, they don't have Bluetooth. Coffee selection was great and breakfast the next morning was lovely! Black out curtains made for a lovely deep sleep!

Will be staying again

Blonde In The Big World

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi BlondeInTheBigWorld,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I are extremely please we were able to provide you with an enjoyable visit.

Our Upper Deck rooms are a fantastic upgrade option that our guests are able to take advantage of, especially the walk in showers and Sky TV! I was disappointed to read the Bose speaker was not operational and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in London, great food, staff were very helpful, had a full bar that was open till very late. You have the option of room with or without breakfast, I took with breakfast, I really enjoyed it. Rooms were very clean, rooms were large and very quiet, wifi was good/free in the rooms. The only problem was that it was very far from every where. From the airport it cost me about a hundred pounds by taxi, and took me almost 2hours to get here. I tried to take the tube or bus from the airport, I was advices not to bother, that it will take forever. I spent 3nights here, that was because I had a conference there, if not I would have left earlier. From the hotel to city center by bus was about 30mins. There were no shops close by, no restaurant close that was walking distance. It was in the middle of no where. For couples that wants to spend time together great location. Also for business people that need to rest or get business done, no distraction Wonderful place. Shoppers, young party goers, or sight seeker, not recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Luke P, General Manager at Village Hotel London Watford, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Greetings JUDE I,

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent experience at Village Urban Resort London Elstree. The team and I were extremely please you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide you with an positive experience.

Although our location is North London I was surprised to read our team had not advised you of the options of Tube or Train into central London. Stanmore Underground Station is located 5 minutes from the hotel and is accessible by either bus or taxi (£5 charge). Once on the underground it takes 30 minutes to reach central London. I apologise if our team had not made this information available to you.

We were however extremely pleased you found our rooms to your liking and had the opportunity to visit our bar & restaurant.

JUDE I, thank you again for your review. We certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Village Urban Resort London Elstree in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elstree
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Sopwell House
#3 of 9 in St Albans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,018 reviews
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel

Been to Village Hotel London Watford? Share your experiences!