The hotel has recently become a Laura Ashley hotel - strange concept in itself. But it might work. Needs to improve level of customer service before I return. Good things - view from the bar across to London. Amazing gardens. Comfy beds.
Bad things - service in the bar, slow and not very polite. Barman ignored me for about 10 minutes then asked me "you alright?" When I finally went up to the bar to order a drink. The menu is nice and food pretty good. Again, service amateurish and although our waitress was sweet she didn't have much of a clue. In think prices a bit high. The restaurant is lovely - classy decor and original wood panelling. No gym no spa which would make it more attractive to business travellers
Must try harder!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, Hertfordshire. The hotel is set in 10 acres of gardens and natural woodland. With views overlooking the Hertfordshire countryside and central London, the hotel is ideally situated with convenient rail and road links to London - only 20 minutes by rail from London and 9 miles by road, an ideal starting point to discover the surrounding area or a peaceful retreat to get away from it all. There are 49 designer bedrooms, an award winning fine dining restaurant, wedding facilities, a bar, meetings, events and banqueting facilities as well as beautiful garden areas. The hotel was bought by Laura Ashley PLC in 2012, making this the first of the company's boutique hotels. The hotel has a variety of rooms and suites available in either the main tudor house or the contemporary wing. Each room has been exclusively and individually designed by the Laura Ashley design service team, providing a truly unique style. Our Junior & premium suites (the Knightsbridge, Grosvenor and Mayfair) also have a separate lounge area. Today, the gardens have been brought back to life, capturing the feel of a true English garden. Leading from the lawn to the pond is the rose arbour, with its dramatic climbing roses. Above all, there is enough space for an enjoyable walk around the garden. Original period features have been restored to their former glory, creating a charming and charismatic venue for business or pleasure. The hotel also houses a multitude of modern conveniences ensuring a pleasurable and carefree stay is guaranteed.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgwarebury Hotel And Restaurant
- Elstree Corus Hotel
- Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree Hertfordshire