“Ambiance, design and details, gardens, beautiful surrounding, food, value for money.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I came to Elstree for business and it turned to be wonderful vacation.
The Laura Ashley Manor Hotel management and professional staff made it happen.
The hotel ambiance, design and details, gardens, beautiful surrounding, all that makes the Laura Ashley Manor hotel amazing.
Add the kind and lovely personal and the Restaurant and bar,
and one can know why my visit here became something to remember.
I recommend The Laura Ashley Manor Hotel for anyone who is looking for special, relaxing place near London and wants to have good value for his money.
- Link is to a video I made of the Manor and its surrounding:

Yours, Ami Shamir.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ami S
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you, Ami S, for your kind review after your stay with us at The Manor, Elstree.

I was especially pleased to read that your business trip turned in to a vacation and am glad that we were able to help this happen for you. Thank you for the short film you made of the Hotel whilst you were staying with us as well. I remember that you had just bought your camera and were giving it a test run!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Manor, Elstree in the not so distant future.

Iain Murray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Suusex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

On arrival the building looked stunning, which it is, inside was OK too. I was in a room in the new block which was OK however the carpet was stained, no wardrobe space and small. The bathroom was cheaply fitted, yes it was functional but not great for the money being payed.We were with a group of 20 people and noon was impressed and no of us would go back. The staff did not smile in the restaurant and service was slow. the food was not great. It was very impersonal and in such a smaller hotel the staff need to be more engaging with there guests.Nt a great experience so I hope they step up to the mark after reading this review.

Room Tip: I wish I could, I tried and failed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Imdsussex
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review, lmdsussex, after your stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I am sorry to read that you found your stay with us disappointing and with the limited information provided on your review I cannot ascertain when you stayed with us, which room you were in and when your party dined in The Cavendish Restaurant.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your experience and would ask that you contact me at the Hotel so that we can discuss your experience at The Manor, Elstree in more detail.

Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel needs to be fair with it's paying guest . At no time do they tell you, you will not be getting anything other than a 17th century manor house and that is not what we got . This hotel need's to be fairer in it's description of the accommodation that it is offering. All the rooms not just their best rooms . very disappointed in the travel lodge in the back garden.
Staff where first glass, food was very good and the manor it's self is very good , but that's not what we got , you let yourself down ........

Room Tip: Watch out for the rooms out the back .!!!!!!!!!!!! not even in the manor ..........
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ADAM B
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your review, AdamB, after you recent stay at the Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the bedroom you were allocated was “poor”. Without more information as to when you stayed, and in which room, I am unable to comment on the room you were allocated. We have 49 individually designed bedrooms – 16 in the main house and 33 in the new building. The rooms in the new building are classed as Standard and Superior and are more uniform in size but still boast the unique Laura Ashley design. The rooms in the main house are different shapes and sizes, due to the age of the building, and as a result are generally larger. Photographs are available on our website showing examples of all our room categories and the descriptions clearly state which rooms are in the main house and which aren’t.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the other elements of your stay and can only assure you that if we were made aware of your dissatisfaction with your allocated room we would have done our utmost to find you an alternative.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Probably the nicest hotel my partner and I have stayed in. Loved the decoration. Lovely grounds which we had a great view of out of our window. Food although expensive was very nice. Only problem we weren't told what time breakfast was when we checked in and it doesn't say in the manual in the room so we had to ring reception. Would definitely return. Short drive to tube station, easy to get to wembley.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments, 1234beefy, after your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you feel the Hotel is one the nicest properties you have stayed in I certainly feel it is one of the nicest properties to work in! I am sorry, however, that you were not told about breakfast times and hope that you didn’t miss out. In-room directories are currently being worked on so this sort of oversight will not happen again.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will see you again at The Manor, Elstree in the not so distant future

Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a Living Social deal which provided excellent value for dinner bed-and-breakfast in a Deluxe room. It also provided for a complimentary upgrade if a room was available. I telephoned the hotel beforehand just to make sure that the booking had been noted, as this was our anniversary and requested an upgrade if this was available.

When we arrived at the hotel an upgrade was provided, without even having to ask, to a beautifully decorated, superbly furnished and spacious Junior Suite. Clearly the reception staff had "listened" to our conversation as we also had an anniversary card and a complimentary bottle of champagne, from the General Manager Iain Murray.

We made a reservation for dinner for 8 pm and although we were a little early this was no problem and we were promptly seated. My wife had the satay chicken to start and I had the poached king prawn broth, both from the Malaysian menu which were excellent. My wife had the baked cod from the a la carte menu, which was excellent and I had the chicken curry from the Malaysian menu which was good but it would be fair to say that I have had better. Didn't need any "pudding" as we were both full up!

Breakfast the next morning was also excellent with all the usual cold and hot selections with nothing that you might comment should actually have been provided. (I am a fried potato man for breakfast and, would normally have asked the night before but my cholesterol problem is not allowing me to enjoy this at the moment!) The staff were all very pleasant and attentive and I did not in any way come across a situation where plates were not cleared without having to ask the staff.

One small comment is that I am a "hotplate man" and feel that the plates for the hot selection should always somehow be warmed up to keep the food hot once it is put on the plate. This is however a minor issue.

We would definitely go back again and, would recommend this to all our friends, as the hotel is in superb grounds and the overall stay was excellent. This is the type of place which you would not know was there as, although it has great links to London, it was the type of place where you go and enjoy the ambience, service and quality of such a nice experience.

As a side issue, which has nothing to do with the stay itself, my wife who is a Laura Ashley "Addict" and, makes quality handmade curtains, was in her element seeing the different designs and how they were put together in the various rooms at the hotel!

Iain congratulations to you and all of your staff who made our stay very memorable.

Many thanks
David Penn

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review, HonestDavid, after your recent stay with us at The Manor, Elstree.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Hotel to be beautifully decorated and superbly furnished. I am also glad that you enjoyed the Champagne – you need to celebrate Wedding Anniversaries after all! It is good to hear that you enjoyed the food and your comments about the Malaysian menu have been take on board and we are trying our best to ensure that this food matches our a la Carte menu standards. Breakfast is something we have been working on over the last couple of months and I am pleased you enjoyed the selection we provide for hot and cold options but do also take on board your comments regarding hot plates. This is something I need to consider for the future.

With 49 individually designed bedrooms, The Manor, Elstree is definitely a Laura Ashley “addict’s” idea of heaven which adds to the overall feel and décor of the Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not so distant future.

Hertfordshire, UK.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited Hotel for first time last weekend. Invited for afternoon tea.
Service generally good but afternoon tea certainly not value for money and although hotel was not busy and three or more waiters were in attendance not one even considered clearing our table until we asked them to do so. Good situation, excellent grounds but reception and lounge a bit worse for wear in terms of furniture and carpets. Would not revisit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you, Malcolmmorris, for your review after your Afternoon Tea at The Manor, Elstree last weekend.

I am pleased that you found the service to be generally good but was disappointed to read that you had to chase the team to clear your plates. I have passed your feedback on so that we can ensure this does not happen again in the future.

I am also glad that you enjoyed our grounds, especially with the amazing view of the London skyline, but I am surprised that you found the furnishings and carpets to be a bit worse for wear. We are a bustling property and as a result have a lot of traffic throughout the public areas. We have a program of cleaning and repair that may need to be reviewed as business levels continue to increase, but thank you for your feedback.

I hope that you will consider returning at some point in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were given an overnight stay inclusive of dinner and breakfast as a gift. My parents paid for an upgrade to a superior room. The hotel is beautiful with stunning views, but the superior rooms are tiny! We thought superior referred to the standard of room but it appears it is the view you pay for. Double beds are very small and we had to ask to move to a room with king size . The reception staff were less than helpful, mainly as there was a wedding there. They said we would have to pay and additional £50, as the hotel was full apart from a suite. Eventually the manager arrived. He was extremely accommodating and apologetic (one look at my 6 foot 7 partner confirmed we weren't just trying to blag an upgrade!) and immediately found us a huge room (view of a hedge!) at no extra cost. Due to the wedding we were not able to have our meal in the dining room. We were put in the bar, which was overrun with wedding guests and football on the TV - not a great ambience! The meal was nice but we were eligible for a set menu, and as a vegetarian I had no choice. The starter and desert were nice but my main course was potato and leak cakes with rocket. Would have been a pleasant starter but not exciting as a main. We looked at the full menu, which was extremely expensive for what you got (£18 for a risotto). Drinks at the bar are also very pricey (£19 for 2 vodkas and mixers). On the plus side we had breakfast in the dinning room which was great; help yourself and huge variety.

Had it not been for the wedding, staff would probably have been much more attentive and helpful. The rooms are nicely decorated but check what superior/feature room really means if you are paying full price! Very nice manager.

Room Tip: The modern rooms are bigger but feature rooms are in the main hotel and prettier.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EveAll
Thank you for your recent review, EveAll, after your stay at The Manor, Elstree.

Our Standard and Superior rooms predominantly have standard double size beds, although some do have King size beds as a result of having the option of them being twin bedded rooms or double rooms. I am sorry that you felt the Reception team were being unhelpful but we were particularly busy on the night you stayed, so options were a bit limited but I am glad that the Manager you spoke to managed to find you a more suitable bedroom. Without being made aware of the height of our guests prior to arrival, and as I am sure you can appreciate, it is difficult to effectively allocate rooms until the day.

I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you in The Cavendish Restaurant for dinner. We do cater for weddings and there is, for the moment, a chance that the Wedding Breakfast overruns in the restaurant meaning that we have to find an alternative location for our other guests. This is not ideal and is something that we are phasing out of the business moving forward. I am sorry that you felt the vegetarian options were limited. We do offer further options on the a la Carte menu, admittedly with supplementary charges, but if you were unhappy with the choices we would happily have spoken to the Chef to see if there was something else we could have done for you. Our spirits are served as a double measure, as standard, but we do offer single measures on request. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast as we have been working on that over the last couple of months.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Manor, Elstree in the future.

Iain Murray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elstree
Sopwell House
St Michael's Manor Hotel
#4 of 9 in St Albans
Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel

Been to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree? Share your experiences!