My husband and I stayed one night at this very attractive hotel. The location, the building itself and the décor are all beautiful. Being picky, compared to the rest, the bathrooms are a little less luxurious although we've never seen a computerised loo before! We booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal which was very good value for money. The food was excellent, although there was only us and one other guest dining at the time. The Maitre D and the staff were very attentive, probably because it was so quiet.
Given that it's so close to London we were expecting the drinks prices to be high, and we weren't disappointed. Our (albeit very nice) bottle of house white was £20, but the big one was a G&T - £9! With an extra £4 on the set menu price for a plate of cheese and biscuits, the total extras bill was £50. However, all in all we had a good time, a brief relaxing moment in the stress of life. We would recommend the place as a different place to stay when visiting London, if you don't want to be in the noise and the pollution of the city itself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, Hertfordshire. The hotel is set in 10 acres of gardens and natural woodland. With views overlooking the Hertfordshire countryside and central London, the hotel is ideally situated with convenient rail and road links to London - only 20 minutes by rail from London and 9 miles by road, an ideal starting point to discover the surrounding area or a peaceful retreat to get away from it all. There are 49 designer bedrooms, an award winning fine dining restaurant, wedding facilities, a bar, meetings, events and banqueting facilities as well as beautiful garden areas. The hotel was bought by Laura Ashley PLC in 2012, making this the first of the company's boutique hotels. The hotel has a variety of rooms and suites available in either the main tudor house or the contemporary wing. Each room has been exclusively and individually designed by the Laura Ashley design service team, providing a truly unique style. Our Junior & premium suites (the Knightsbridge, Grosvenor and Mayfair) also have a separate lounge area. Today, the gardens have been brought back to life, capturing the feel of a true English garden. Leading from the lawn to the pond is the rose arbour, with its dramatic climbing roses. Above all, there is enough space for an enjoyable walk around the garden. Original period features have been restored to their former glory, creating a charming and charismatic venue for business or pleasure. The hotel also houses a multitude of modern conveniences ensuring a pleasurable and carefree stay is guaranteed.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgwarebury Hotel And Restaurant
- Elstree Corus Hotel
- Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree Hertfordshire