“Glorious”

Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night for one night and was very very fortunate to find myself upgraded to the Mayfair suite - what a stunning, wonderful room it was! Amazing views across the gardens, the room itself was decorated immaculately, I wanted for nothing for the time I was here. The building is fascinating and I found all the staff to be really helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was spot on and was made even more enjoyable by the view I had from my table which looked out across the gardens. I really didn't want to leave this morning, the bed was sooooo comfy which made it all the more difficult to leave it :) - if you are looking for a special night away, this is the hotel and suite for you. Well played Laura Ashley Manor, well played x

Stayed: July 2014
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you, Ionabrodie, for your very kind review after your stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I am very pleased to read that you wanted for nothing whilst you were with us and that you found the Hotel to be a relaxing place to be! The bedrooms are all individually designed and the rooms in the main house are, indeed, a little bit special. I am also pleased to hear that you found all of the team to be pleasant and helpful.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Manor, Elstree at some point in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely views. No air con in our room and as was a hot day the room was boiling. Our double room had a 4'6 bed, which was too small. I have never complained about tap water before, but the water from the taps was actually bitter, so foul that we asked for a bottle of water and when we were told that it was £5, we struggled on with Eau de Ganges, also burgers were £15 so nothing was cheap and as the hotel was not near any shops we were a captive audience. Having stayed in a London Ibis the week before in a 6ft bed in an air conditioned room that was half the price, with a machine selling cheap water bottles I know what I'll be doing next.

Room Tip: Get a twin, take your own water, and don't go in summer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you, grabagran, for your recent review after your stay with us at The Manor, Elstree.

I am sorry to hear that you felt the bed was too small. I would hope that you gave us the opportunity to try and rectify this by moving you to another room, but without knowing when you stayed I cannot comment on whether or not we had the availability to do this. I am also sorry that the drinking water was not, well drinkable. We will putting bottled water in to all our bedrooms in the coming months although of little consolation to you now. There are no rooms with air-conditioning but desk fans are provided. Unlike new build hotels, we are not as well equipped to deal with warmer weather so, again, my apologies.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that it won’t put you off considering staying at The Manor, Elstree in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a good hotel which is clearly getting better. The new manager, who is excellent, has the difficult task of upgrading a weak older property, formerly called the Edgwarebury Hotel, into a much better standard of hotel. In this he has physical problems, such as lack of elevator, coupled with a staff that is not yet top rate. But I would anticipate that the hotel will get better and better as he progresses. The rooms are not great but are acceptable. So if you needs Hotel in this area, this may be the best. It is still only a three star hotel notwithstanding the pretty exterior, but by next year it should be a four star

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronald s

Thank you, ronald s, for your recent review after your stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I am grateful for your feedback, and indeed the conversation we had whilst you were staying with us. There was an error on your initial reservation which, unfortunately, was not picked up on until you arrived and for this I would like to apologise again.

I am glad that you can see the potential of the property and hope that if you are in the UK again that you come and stay at The Manor, Elstree to see if more improvements have been made.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently went to an 80 birthday event , the entire event was awful drinks difficult to get food bad quality and served all the wrong time . Staff tripping each up and a manager who claimed he only just started and hid all day. Also found out my sister friend had her wedding a weeks earlier and had the same problems

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nicole K

Thank you, Nicole K, for your review after attending an event at The Manor, Elstree.

I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the event. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken seriously - Mr K is coming to see me this week - as I am a firm believer in holding my hands up if we get something wrong. I hope that I will be able to resolve any issues with Mr K and am sorry that you felt the need to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When choosing where to stay for your first night together as husband and wife the choice does leave you feeling rather nervous in that the accommodation and standards match the day you expect to have , In this case the Laura Ashely Hotel in Elstree excelled.

A beautiful setting , even if the M1 was half a mile away , our room was not effected by any noise , we arrived late and the staff were busy but made us feel really welcome and nothing was too much.
The Hotel is contained within beautiful mansion , with exposed Tudor beams and plenty of character , there are rooms in the house and an annexe beside.
Our room was thoughtfully laid out , with a huge ensuite, and electric loo !!
Breakfast from a Buffet was varied with a choice of continental or "full English"
All in all it was the perfect ending we hoped for to complete what was for us a perfect day , would not hesitate to recommend

Room Tip: rooms to front and right hand side may be quieter i.e no noise at all !! , but the background noise...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Haysie56, for your recent review of The Manor, Elstree.

I was pleased to read that you and your new husband, Congratulations by the way, enjoyed your first night of married life with us. I was pleased that you enjoyed your room and although you mention the M1, I am glad you were not disturbed by the minimal road noise.

I hope we will have the chance of welcoming you back to The Manor, Elstree in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had been in Ipswich and found this hotel late on near midnight they had rooms available we arrived the gent was so helpful and polite the price was great very clean beds so comfy and a heated toilet seat wow amazing I live in Glasgow and I will definitely be back here to visit again as the staff were all so nice.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you, Klayre1983, for your glowing review after your recent stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I am pleased that you found the Hotel and the team to be to your liking.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Manor, Elstree in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at this very attractive hotel. The location, the building itself and the décor are all beautiful. Being picky, compared to the rest, the bathrooms are a little less luxurious although we've never seen a computerised loo before! We booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal which was very good value for money. The food was excellent, although there was only us and one other guest dining at the time. The Maitre D and the staff were very attentive, probably because it was so quiet.
Given that it's so close to London we were expecting the drinks prices to be high, and we weren't disappointed. Our (albeit very nice) bottle of house white was £20, but the big one was a G&T - £9! With an extra £4 on the set menu price for a plate of cheese and biscuits, the total extras bill was £50. However, all in all we had a good time, a brief relaxing moment in the stress of life. We would recommend the place as a different place to stay when visiting London, if you don't want to be in the noise and the pollution of the city itself

Room Tip: We would imagine staying in the main house would be nice (although more expensive). We had a superi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, Angie O, after your stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the location, the building and the décor. We are currently looking at ways to improve the bathrooms in the newer part of the Hotel and, yes, the “computerised” loo’s are a talking point!

Our drinks prices are competitive for the area and we automatically serve doubles in the Terrace Bar, although singles are available on request. This should have been explained to you when you ordered and is also printed on the drinks price lists and if it was not made clear, I can only apologise.

The Main House is where our Feature, Deluxe and Suites are located and, although, slightly more expensive are well worth the money.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Manor, Elstree at some point in the future.

Iain Murray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elstree
Village Hotel London Watford
Down Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood

Been to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree? Share your experiences!