“Luxury Break”

Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elstree
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked a two night stay on a special offer for my birthday. The room was spacious and well furnished, bed huge and comfortable, bathroom also large. View was lovely - we were at the top of the hotel so not for those who struggle. Staff are happy to carry bags though. A couple of the panes of glass were cracked was only thing to find fault with. Staff were lovely, I thought there perhaps should of been some leaflets and hotel information around. Food was best ever, even from restricted menu. Great weather was added bonus. We did think that it would be very quiet with lots of grounds to wander around, we were perhaps a little naive, it was noisy from the busy road, and not a lot of exploring walks; gorgeous trees in the grounds we could wander around.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary B
TheManorGM, General Manager at Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you, Hilary B, for your recent review after your stay with us at The Manor, Elstree and a belated Happy Birthday.

I am pleased that you found the room to be spacious and the bed to be huge and comfortable. The beds are made by Laura Ashley and we are receiving a lot of favourable comments about them. For your information, they can be purchased from Laura Ashley! I am also glad that you enjoyed the food and have taken on board your comments about Hotel information. We have 10 acres of land which does allow for some exploring but not enough for more extensive walks.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Manor, Elstree in the foreseeable future

There are newer reviews for Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had an email from Laura Ashely that advertised their hotel. Up to this point we have never heard of the place, but as we wanted to visit London for a couple of days it was located just within easy reach for travelling in by train, so we booked 3 nights b&b.
The hotel decor is fabulous, as it uses all Laura Ashley stuff throughout and is set in a historic Tudor mansion. However, it is less successful as a hotel unfortunately. The big drawback was the food, and a sense that this is very much a business hotel because of its proximity to London.
The breakfast on day one was the worst I have ever eaten in a hotel. I ordered scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, and was given a plateful of food that was so rich and over seasoned that I could only eat a few forkfuls as it was making me gag. The wholemeal bread that accompanied it was the weirdest sensation I have had in some time - it was so dry that it sucked all the moisture from my mouth, and even after a glass of water I still felt thirsty. They should use this as a desiccant when packing electrical goods and handbags etc!
Saying that, the full English I had the next day was fine.
The 'Japanese' style electronic toilet was a bit odd, and we didn't use the electronic functions because the keypad attached to the toilet bowl obviously needed a wipe, if you know what I mean. Also, the seat is built for Japanese sized bottoms, not the good old British behind, so make sure you are sitting in the right place!
The staff were okay, but service was uneven.
Overall, not too impressed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Bazinga01, for your recent review after your stay with us at The Manor, Elstree.

I am pleased that you found the décor of the Hotel to be fabulous but was disappointed to read that you felt that we performed less wall as a Hotel. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the breakfast you mentioned in your review and hope that you gave us the opportunity to replace it for you. I have not been made aware that anyone had commented on the quality of our breakfast recently and can assure you that this has been passed on to my Head Chef to ensure we are meeting our guest expectations. I am also surprised to hear that the bread had the unfortunate effect of drying your mouth out as we haven’t changed the type of bread or our supplier and I have not received that feedback before. The Japanese toilets are a talking point, but thank you for your comments which I have passed on to my Housekeeper.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to show you that The Manor, Elstree is able to be “good” and not just “nearly good” in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. I particularly chose Laura Ashley because I like the furniture and thought it would have to live up to a certain standard and indeed it did. The hotel is very pleasantly decorated with nice furnishings and our room was of a lovely size. The hotel accommodated our daughter and was no trouble at all for them. The gardens are beautiful and can enjoy a coffee on the terrace which has a tremendous view. The hotel reception staff were very pleasant and so were the restaurant staff. The dinners were superb, the maître d or head waitress was extremely professional and very polite, nothing was too much trouble, chef prepared a dinner off the menu for our teenage daughter. Our wifi was not very efficient, but there were little extras which made it a very comfortable stay, ie) dressing gown and slippers, iPod deck to use if required, iron and ironing board, tray compliments nicely topped up and large fan if needed. The nearest tube station is stanmore, you can park your car for £5 and travel in to london via tube. Borehamwood shopping centre is not too far which we were informed is very nice. I think a small laura ashley boutique to purchase small decorative items would be a good idea, I'm sure this would be useful to ladies where many ideas are displayed. We would definitely return to this hotel .

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are good as third floor level are loft
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review, ChapmanWarwick, after your recent stay with us at The Manor, Elstree.

I am pleased to hear that you found the Hotel to be pleasantly decorated and that the team were able to accommodate your requirements. I appreciate your comments about the WiFi and we are currently looking options to improve this facility within the Hotel.

I also appreciate your comments about being able to purchase some Laura Ashley items whilst you are staying with at the Hotel and this is already being discussed, so watch this space. Being a fan of Laura Ashley you may also like the newest Laura Ashley Hotel – The Belsfield, Windermere which is a more “country” version of the chain.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will see you again at The Manor, Elstree in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I haven't visit this Hotel for years. However it was bright and airy, a contrast from my last visit. I was a Guest to a 91st birthday celebration. Where we had a fine selection of sandwiches and cakes, with some fine sparkling wine. Fine service, pleasant and polite. We stayed for a time and had drinks on a delightful balcony, overlooking some fine grounds. This on a beautiful summer evening.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you, Tonydriver1411, for your review after attending a special birthday celebration at The Manor, Elstree.

I am pleased to read that you liked the Laura Ashley transformation and that you managed to enjoy the facilities at the Hotel including the Afternoon Tea and the Terrace for drinks afterwards.

I hope that you will return to The Manor, Elstree at some point in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Approaching the hotel up the drive and my first thought was WOW! It's hard to believe that it is in the middle of the busy city of London!! The gardens are beautiful with wild rabbits and squirrels running around :-)
We stayed here with friends, a large group of 14 of us occupied about 10 rooms. It is expensive to stay, but my gosh the hotel and grounds are beautiful. The room we had was clean and nicely decorated, as was throughout the whole hotel.
The staff were friendly and polite when spoken too, and were accommodating for a large number of us. There was a good selection for breakfast, and although we didn't eat here for dinner we had drinks in the evening. We stayed up late had a few giggles in the relaxed bar area.
If you don't mind paying abit extra I'd highly recommend Laura Ashley Manor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ilovesummerdays

Thank you, Ilovesummerdays, for your amazing review after your recent visit to The Manor, Elstree.

I am pleased to read that you found the grounds and the Hotel to be suitably impressive and, yes, we do have a fair amount of squirrels and rabbits living with us in the grounds! It was great to read that you found the team to be friendly and accommodating and that we were able to allow to you feel at home.

I hope you will return to The Manor, Elstree in the near future and if you don’t mind travelling a bit further afield you might also enjoy the newest Laura Ashely Hotel – The Belsfield, Windermere for a more “country” version of the Hotel chain.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We got maried here on 8/8/2014, and what an amazing day it was. From morning until night, we enjoyed every minute of the day. We were introduced to Russel, who looked after the running of the day, he was amazing, and made sure everything was to our liking every step of the way, from timings, to making sure the tables were set up to our liking before our guest were seated, he was fantasic, so a massive thank you to you Russel, our day would not have run smoothly without you! In fact, every member of staff was fantastic, every one was so attentive, professional, and polite, and nothing was too much trouble for anyone, the staff also made our day very special, and they are credit to this well run hotel. Now I come my amazing wedding co ordinator, Kelly, what can I say, she was with me every step of the way, I would have been lost without her, again, nothing was ever too much trouble, any question answered instantly, and any problem sorted in no time, she seemed to be there exactly when I needed her, even if it was taking some photos, or finding my very stroppy 4 year old chocolate! Kelly, you truly are a credit to the hotel, thank you so much, i really don't think our day would have been so special without you. I also passed the general manager on a couple of occasions, who offered his kind words of support just before I got married. The views are stunning, as are the grounds, and the rooms are just lush! Quite a few of our wedding party stayed, and everyone commented on how stunning the rooms were. So all in all, we had the most amazing wedding day, we couldn't have asked for any more, and I very much think, we will be back there for afternoon tea! ;-)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Kelsie500, for your fantastic review after your recent Wedding day at The Manor, Elstree. May I also say congratulations, again, to you both!

I am really pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your “big day” with us and am really glad that both Russell and, particularly, Kelly had such a positive influence on your overall experience and I have passed your thanks on to them. Thank you also for passing on your guests comments about our bedrooms – they are all individually designed by Laura Ashley and definitely pass the “lush” test!

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Manor, Elstree in the very near future for Afternoon Tea.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked to stay here having reviewed the hotel on the website & the location was near to a family gathering we were attending. The room was beautifully decorated, clean & very relaxing overlooking the gardens. The bed was super comfy too. The food was well presented & very tasty. The only disappointing factors for us were 1) the reception as they didn't inform us of breakfast times, checkout times or internet access codes at check in therefore we had to hunt through the room literature to find these 2) there were weddings on both days we stayed & all the outside terrace tables get reserved for the wedding therefore we couldn't sit there with a drink admiring the garden & London views. The wedding spills out into the garden/chess board area late at night therefore you will hear the noise if your room faces that way 3) the breakfast was lovely however the lady rushing around & frantically serving breakfast & training a colleague at the same time spoilt the ambiance which otherwise would have been very relaxing. Beware when booking if there is a wedding on & you are expecting a relaxing stay as the wedding will take over & you won't be able to utilise all the hotel has to offer. We will definitely return & hopefully next time we can rate our stay 5/5!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrembo95

Thank you for your recent review, Mrembo95, after your recent stay at The Manor, Elstree.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the décor, the view and the food whilst you were with us. I am sorry that there were a couple of niggles whilst you were with us, but thank you for letting me know as we use all feedback in a positive manner to improve the levels of hospitality that we offer at the Hotel.

I am sorry that you felt the weddings being held whilst you were staying with us limited your ability to fully enjoy the facilities. We try our best to ensure that our guests are not disturbed by any events being held at the Hotel but this is not always possible due to the layout of the building.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will return to The Manor, Elstree in the not so distant future to give us that 5 out of 5 that you mentioned. You might also like the newest Laura Ashley Hotel – The Belsfield, Windermere.

Iain Murray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elstree
Village Hotel London Watford
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood

Been to Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree? Share your experiences!