“Great day out”

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Brought the girls over to Aldenham Country park for a good walk, we use to go here when they were smaller, we love the walks in this park, good exercise, lovely kiosk which sells tea/coffee, ice cream etc., enjoyable day out.

Visited July 2014

273 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 414 helpful votes
“All At Aldenham”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family have visited Aldenham Country Park on many occasions over the years as it offers so many enjoyable activities for a family day out. Located near to Elstree between the Aldenham Road and Watling Street in Hertfordshire, the park has a large parkland, woodland and reservoir. There is a pay car park on site and activities include walking, fishing, playgrounds and a Winnie-the-Pooh natural themed open area. There is a farm centre to visit with an admission fee which breeds livestock including longhorn cattle, goats, pigs and sheep. Refreshments are available on site, ideally take a picnic as there are lots of places to sit and relax. Don't pop in, plan and enjoy a day out to be enjoyed by all ages and get away from it all at Aldenham.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank charles s
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The setting is fantastic with something for everybody. It's now a shame that they charge you £4.50 to park your car. It appears greedy

Visited June 2014
Turkey
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Lovely peaceful day out”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited this week and enjoyed the sunshine by strolling around leisurely. The lake is very pretty, with swans, signets, geese, ducks, moorhens, and many other species to enjoy watching.
The highlight for us was feeding the cows who came straight over and licked our hands for all their worth!
Think £4.50 for the car park is too steep, especially as we arrived late afternoon, and hadn't seen any mention of car-parking fees on the website, but £3.50 an adult to wander around the farmyard area was a fair amount.
I would recommend this place to others but go early on in the day in order to get as much value from the car park as possible!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katie1979
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“poor service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked my family tickets to attend this park with a paid extra pony ride,coming in the total of £27. However we couldn't attend the park on the date book as my mother was taken ill in hospital. I informed the park and asked if they could transfer my ticket to another day as the circumstances were unavoidable however I got a short email back stating I will not be offered a refund nor will they transfer the date.

I have been to the park many times and had no problems before,so you can imagine my disbelief in not getting a different date, I didn't want a refund as we all wanted to return to the park.

I will be not returning to the park and will let others know not to attend either as you they a money based company with no compassion.

Absolutely poor service.