“Tiny room.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Holtwhites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
“Tiny room.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We booked in for one night as friends getting married nearby. Room was tiny, could barely move, was clean however. reception staff hardly welcoming, carpet threadbare. Unimpressed, would not recommend.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank leack
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2015
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. Please accept our apologies about the size of the room you’ve been allocated. There are a few rooms in the hotel that are modern but smaller. Please feel free to ask to see the rooms prior to your next stay if you choose to stay with us again to ensure that you have the room which best meets your needs as we would like you and every guest to have a great experience on every visit. We really hope to see you again soon.
Ioana Baciu (Hotel Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

This hotel was perfect for my stay in enfied where i had a two day meeting . It was ideally located and the rooms were clean and pleasant. I found the staff very helpful during my stay. the only negative is that they dont do breakfast but there are three cafes located directly opposite the hotel. I would definitely stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it to someone else looking for comfortable and affordable accommodation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sav26
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to find that your stay in our hotel was a good one and we will be happy to see you again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay ,the staff were very helpful we found the location convenient
our room was clean and tidy we would stay there again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lucas_lampetis

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

A 1 night stay in a double room for £65. I normally expect somewhere clean, comfortable and well appointed for this sort of money and have had stayed in some surprisingly good places for a lot less.

Holtwhites Hotel was truly disgusting. On paying my £65 at reception I was given the keys to room 14. The carpet on the stairs was threadbare and the smell of stale smoke was overpowering as I made my way up the stairs to the first floor. Room 14 was pure evil! Wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the carpet was probably circa 1970 and looked like it had been cleaned infrequently since then. A fist imprint was in the wall over the headboard! Another fist imprint was in the door of the bathroom. The bathroom suite was orange and filthy. There was a 2p piece at the bottom of the toilet, presumably the price the last guest had put on the real value of their visit. The advertised Sky Tv was available, but you needed to ignore the snow effect on the picture. I couldn't even contemplate staying in the room for any length of time, let alone sleep in there.

I complained to the person on reception and was changed to room 32, which was certainly a lot better than room 14, but still the worst hotel room that I have ever stayed in by quite some margin (and that includes many rooms where the price has been a lot less than £65 per night). The extra blanket was the itchy kind guaranteed to avoid comfort. I preferred not to bath or shower than use the facilities in this hotel, as that actually seemed the cleaner option.

For the 1 night that I needed to be in Enfield, I stayed out in the town as long as I could, in coffee shops and bars to minimise the amount of time I had to stay in this disgusting place.

I'm writing this review to try and help others avoid the awful experience that I had the misfortune to have at Holtwhites Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank BrockLanders
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologise that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! There have been a number of smoking rooms, but now we have been decorating them and keep them as non-smoking rooms. I am really sorry that it was exactly that day when the boiler broke down, but I can guarantee that we are doing our best to satisfy every guests needs.
The good news is that our investments continue and soon will have a new lounge area where guests can serve breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel!
Kind regards,
Ioana Baciu (Hotel Manager)

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

plymouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

I cant understand how people can write anything good about this hotel, I only stayed one night and that was too long. The place stinks, the room i had was shabby and dirty so bad i didnt even sleep in the bed. Staff didnt seem to have a clue when i mentioned it not even a sorry. My advice is dont book this hotel, stay away i will never make this mistake again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mabs60
Dear Sir / Madam

Breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
Kind regards,Ioana Baciu
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

Having stayed in this hotel last year we decided to stay again. Our last stay here was impeccable and I was not disappointed this time either. The hotel has recently been refurbished and we were given the same room as we stayed in previously, our room was redecorated and it was very nice. The hotel is ideally located for our trip as we have family in enfield and there are all the facilites you require within a short distance of the hotel. The staff are warm and welcoming and could not be any more helpful. We will defintely be returning again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PerfectSpurs
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2015

Sincerely, Ioana Baciu
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

i have come to Enfield with my friend and we have styed at this hotel and had a great time. clean rooms, very helpfull staff, kind and always with a smile. and because there are special rates for the weekend we paid for 2 nights but stayed 3. really cheap hotel...
I will come back soon...Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ioana782002
Sincerely, Ioana Baciu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Royal Chace Hotel
Oak Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Enfield
Premier Inn London Edmonton Hotel
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to Holtwhites Hotel? Share your experiences!