“We enjoyed the stay and will come back...”
Review of Holtwhites Hotel

Holtwhites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Bucharest, Romania
“We enjoyed the stay and will come back...”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was really undecided if I want to come back at this hotel after reading the latest reviews, but I said 'Let's have a go' as we used it before...and I wasn’t disappointed.
I was surprised to see that the hotel is completely changed since the last time we’ve been. It has been refurbished and it does look better than ever.
The staff same as before…very helpful and friendly, always smiling and chatting
The room that we were given was redecorated, was clean and tidy.
We enjoyed the stay and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank emildoina
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2015
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to find that your stay in our hotel was a good one and we will be happy to see you again soon.
Ioana Baciu (Hotel Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Terrible hotel, the rooms are tiny, dirty, hot and hotel smells like an ashtray. The towels had holes in them, there was no cold water, the shower when it worked was a dribble. The photo's on the hotel's website must have been copied and pasted from somewhere else as they certainly do not resembled any of the rooms at the hotel. Its more like a youth hostel and at a price of £70 - I'd advise going somewere else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kelly M
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologise that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I am happy to inform you that the hotel is now under new management and has changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! All rooms are now non-smoking and have been redecorated. It was unfortunate that on the day of your stay we had a boiler failure which has only occurred twice in 4 years.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel!
Ioana Baciu (Hotel Manager)

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

Tring, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We booked this hotel online on the same day as we were due to stay. We arrived and went to our room. I immediately on seeing the room went back to reception and stated that we would be finding another hotel as this room for the price was unacceptable. A refund was rejected citing "24 hour cancellation policy"
The room was very small, badly appointed and of very poor quality. The website said it was newly refurbished, I saw no evidence of recent refurbishment. Also the leaflets which advertise the rooms and the state of decor did not match reality.
We found another hotel and said goodbye to our £70. For this cost I expect a level of accomomodation that does not look like a youth hostel from 1970. It appears the refurb was of the reception and hallways, not the rooms. On top of this... No bar, no eating facilities, not in a nice area. For the same cost, stay in the comfort hotel about a mile away. Still not luxury, but much more what you expect from a £70. This place gives independents a hard time, I will stick to hotel names I am more familiar with in future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PaulGBatchelor
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologise that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! The good news is that our investments continue and soon will have a new lounge area where guests can serve breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We booked in for one night as friends getting married nearby. Room was tiny, could barely move, was clean however. reception staff hardly welcoming, carpet threadbare. Unimpressed, would not recommend.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank leack
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. Please accept our apologies about the size of the room you’ve been allocated. There are a few rooms in the hotel that are modern but smaller. Please feel free to ask to see the rooms prior to your next stay if you choose to stay with us again to ensure that you have the room which best meets your needs as we would like you and every guest to have a great experience on every visit. We really hope to see you again soon.
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 12 February 2011

This hotel was perfect for my stay in enfied where i had a two day meeting . It was ideally located and the rooms were clean and pleasant. I found the staff very helpful during my stay. the only negative is that they dont do breakfast but there are three cafes located directly opposite the hotel. I would definitely stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it to someone else looking for comfortable and affordable accommodation.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sav26

Reviewed 1 February 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay ,the staff were very helpful we found the location convenient
our room was clean and tidy we would stay there again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lucas_lampetis

Reviewed 19 December 2010

A 1 night stay in a double room for £65. I normally expect somewhere clean, comfortable and well appointed for this sort of money and have had stayed in some surprisingly good places for a lot less.

Holtwhites Hotel was truly disgusting. On paying my £65 at reception I was given the keys to room 14. The carpet on the stairs was threadbare and the smell of stale smoke was overpowering as I made my way up the stairs to the first floor. Room 14 was pure evil! Wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the carpet was probably circa 1970 and looked like it had been cleaned infrequently since then. A fist imprint was in the wall over the headboard! Another fist imprint was in the door of the bathroom. The bathroom suite was orange and filthy. There was a 2p piece at the bottom of the toilet, presumably the price the last guest had put on the real value of their visit. The advertised Sky Tv was available, but you needed to ignore the snow effect on the picture. I couldn't even contemplate staying in the room for any length of time, let alone sleep in there.

I complained to the person on reception and was changed to room 32, which was certainly a lot better than room 14, but still the worst hotel room that I have ever stayed in by quite some margin (and that includes many rooms where the price has been a lot less than £65 per night). The extra blanket was the itchy kind guaranteed to avoid comfort. I preferred not to bath or shower than use the facilities in this hotel, as that actually seemed the cleaner option.

For the 1 night that I needed to be in Enfield, I stayed out in the town as long as I could, in coffee shops and bars to minimise the amount of time I had to stay in this disgusting place.

I'm writing this review to try and help others avoid the awful experience that I had the misfortune to have at Holtwhites Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
8 Thank BrockLanders
Dear Sir / Madam

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologise that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! There have been a number of smoking rooms, but now we have been decorating them and keep them as non-smoking rooms. I am really sorry that it was exactly that day when the boiler broke down, but I can guarantee that we are doing our best to satisfy every guests needs.
Ioana Baciu (Hotel Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Royal Chace Hotel
#5 of 5 in Enfield
De Vere Theobalds Estate
West Lodge Park Hotel
Premier Inn London Edmonton Hotel

Been to Holtwhites Hotel? Share your experiences!