“Absolute disgust.”

Holtwhites Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
“Absolute disgust.”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Me and my fiancé stayed in this hotel, we could see it was getting refurbished.
Most of the employees were foreign too so we had a hard time understanding them, the room was clean, the bed was very well made but the room itself was very small, the bathroom was as well.
There was writing on the walls and it was disgusting, the radiator had weird marks on it, the bathroom was overall clean and water was suitable.. The television was way to small and not good reception!

We wanted to relax, check out time was 10 and you'd get charged if you came out at any different time! Disgust. We could hear a couple having sex, not very nice thing to wake up to in the morning.

Overall. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Minxytinksx
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2015
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room and it is a pleasure to announce that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! There are a few rooms that are modern but smaller.
The good news is that our investments continue and soon will have a new lounge area where guests can serve breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel! Ioana Baciu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days,and was surprised by good stuff,even that room was small and view from my window wasn't brilliant,I enjoyed my stay there.it was clean,and friendly people work there.definatly I will come there again !

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Marinapastukh
Dear Ms Marina,
the hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are happy to find that you had a good time with us and we hope to see you again soon. Ioana Baciu
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I am really happy for choosing this hotel for me and for my friends. I read the reviews, but I said lets give it a try especially because they are very closed to the town center and to all the amenities and also because they have good prices as well. And...we haven't been disappointed. Clean and nice rooms, helpful and friendly staff. We were very happy with our stay and we decide to stay here again in December when my friends are coming from abroad for the winter holidays. thank you Holtwhites.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julia B
Dear Ms Julia,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We hope that you’ll choose us again on your next visit to Enfield. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay with us and we try to do our best to offer the customer services they deserve. Ioana Baciu
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We where told the Hotel had been refurbished and under new management so we decided to give it a try after hearing some really negative reports about the previous owners.
We really wish we hadnt gone! We initially asked for a spacious room non smoking (because apparently and you can smell it) they have smokng rooms.We knewn it may be noisy as it is on a four way junction but there are rooms at the back which we asked for although there isnt a really quiet room.We where given a tiny attic room facing the main road!! with no ventilation as the open window made you feel you where sleeping in the road.The next morning we complained and the manager who seemed a nice chap moved us to a bigger and suposedly quieter room.It would have bee better except the guests that rolled in that night where SCARY!! AND NOISY.Its one of those places where once you are in your room which does not have adequate locks on the doors you would be wary to leave!The receptionists! one is nice the other couldnt care less and you cant understand her anyway.
The refurbishment is very nice but what good is cosmetic if the things that matter like .pillows .comfort ,cleanliness and working showers arent there!!
There is no breakfast and it is very expensive forroom only.The pillows if you can call them that where dreadful,the shower was broken and boiling hot and the bed was lumpy.We couldnt wait to leave .
DONT GO THERE !!!

Room Tip: back of the hotel rooms may be quieter but its a long shot.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jean A
Dear Mr Jean,
the hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking some time to provide a feedback on your stay. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I appreciate your comments about the aspect of the room and I am happy to tell you that there have been some upgrades done; we have refurbished and redecorate most of the rooms. There have been a number of smoking rooms, but now after us decorating them we keep them as non-smoking rooms. There are rooms in the hotel that are smaller size and are located in the attic. We do not arrange, organize or hear domestic arguments happening, however if mentioned on the night we would have stopped it from continuing. Please feel free to ask to see the room prior your next stay if you choose to stay with us again to ensure you have the room that best describes your needs as we like you and every guest to have a great experience on every visit.
We would like to continue by thanking you for your stay and to acknowledge the changes we have made we would like to invite you for another stay and guarantee a changed atmosphere. Please contact me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to come and stay with us again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back. With much appreciation, Ioana Baciu

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Looks good from the outside, and from the pictures, and indeed the entrance and hallway are attractive. Then the smell hits you. The cigarette smoke in the building is so sunk into the fabric of the property that you're probably on 40 a day just breathing. Our family room had no floor space between crammed in beds, no decent storage, and a broken toilet.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank annieje
Dear Ms Annieje,
thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I am really sorry that your stay din not meet our high standard. There were a few smoking rooms available but I am happy to announce that all our rooms have been refurbished and we do not have smoking rooms any more. I am sure that if reported not being happy with the room you have been allocated the reception staff would have done their best to find a solution to this, maybe even upgrading you to a different room. Please reach out to me directly if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again to our hotel! Ioana
Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel has a handy location. There ends the good news.

Uncaring staff, no breakfast available (incredible but true!!!), manky room, just, oh; let's short cut the whole thing and say "find a Travelodge instead".

Awful place, yet could be so good.

Room Tip: Find one somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveller3333333
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you very much for your review on your stay in our hotel. I greatly appreciate your comments about the room that needed upgrading and I am happy to announce that there were lots of changes done, starting with redecorating the rooms to a higher standard, changes of carpets, new chair,etc…
We are trying to invest more and soon we’ll have a new lounge area where our guests may serve breakfast and relax at the same time. I really hope that I can convince you to change your mind about visit to our property. I will be happy to welcome you back! Ioana
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Unfortunately as soon as you walk into the rooms you can smell cigarette smoke, we were with children and they commented on the smell immediately. We were also told not to let the children run around (this was as soon as we arrived!)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jools-Neil
’Good afternoon Mr Jools-Neil,
The hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We apologize if your stay with us did not meet our usual high standard. There have been a number of smoking rooms but we refurbished and upgraded all the rooms to non-smoking rooms. For the safe of the children, we recommended not to let them to run around the hotel. We hope to see you again soon ! Ioana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Royal Chace Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
De Vere Theobalds Estate
West Lodge Park Hotel

Been to Holtwhites Hotel? Share your experiences!