“Worst nights sleep ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holtwhites Hotel

and 1 more site!
Holtwhites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
“Worst nights sleep ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed for one night last night. The room was awful.

The noise from the road was very loud and so we were unable to open the windows.

The room was very hot with only a small fan.

We were continually woken up by guests shouting and slamming doors in the early hours. We could also hear people talking in other rooms.

I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Parry76
Holtwhites H, Manager at Holtwhites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2015
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for your candid review of your stay at Holtwhites Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every day. I am happy to inform you that the hotel has now new owners and a fantastic management team. Together they have managed to change completely the hotel face in and out. There are newly redecorated rooms, new carpets, new reception and I am pleased to tell that soon we are going to have a new lounge area where our guests can also have breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time. The hotel being located on a main road there is time during the day or night when a lot of traffic and noise is, but we are trying to reduce it by changing the windows in all the rooms to double glazing.
I really hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. With much appreciation,Ioana Baciu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is my second time at the Holtwhites Hotel and it is even better than the last time, the whole hotel has been refurbished and the staff are lovely.
The person who wrote the last review clearly stayed somewhere else and is confused.
The price is brilliant it is clean and basic and fabulously situated so you can go into Enfield town and have a shop.
Also just a couple of minutes walk is a lovely pub by the river, great for lunch and a pint.
I can highly recommend the Holtwhites bakery too, their soda raisin bread is to die for.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tonia B
Dear Sir / Madam,
The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to find that your stay in our hotel was a good one and we will be happy to see you again soon. Ioana Baciu
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I wasnt sure if I was reviewing the correct hotel due to certain misleading reviews. I visited Holtwhites Hotel with my wife and 2 kids in mid October and the hotel had been refurbished and was in pristine condition. The hotel was perfect for the visit. Excellent transport links. The staff were very polite and our room was very clean. Another advantage was that they had a family room which could accommodate 4. The hotel is not a 5 star hotel therefore for the price I paid, I was very pleased with the service i was provided. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MusZ
Dear Mus,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I have visited London on business and the hotel was recommended to me by one of my work collegue. I must say that yes the rooms are quite small but if u consider the price the location and the fact that you're here for few days this is a perfect accomodation, rooms are very clean and staff very welcoming and the allround service was perfect for me. I would definately stay here again as I'm visiting London on regular basis and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Roshka
Dear Ms Roshka,
Venice, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is not a hotel in the purest sense. It does have the standard operation of a Motel. You pay on arrival in a reception that looks like a post office counter protected by an anti intrusion glass partition! The rooms are under sized, you can just get around the bed. The bed mattress was completely degraded. The pillows were so thin that two of them together were not enough to work as a normal one. Partition walls were not sufficient, you could hear everything that was happening in the adjacent rooms (TV, voices, steps, toilet operations). The surrounding road has traffic at night and the windows are not double glazed or insulated, you are on the road, literally. Only two positives the room was clean and the staff at the check in friendly.
It was the cheapest in the local area, but the saying you pay for what you get never rang truer in this case - Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Sid_italy
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room and it is a pleasure to announce that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at reservations@holtwhites.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our improved hotel! Ioana Baciu

Travellers are raving about these Enfield hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Me and my fiancé stayed in this hotel, we could see it was getting refurbished.
Most of the employees were foreign too so we had a hard time understanding them, the room was clean, the bed was very well made but the room itself was very small, the bathroom was as well.
There was writing on the walls and it was disgusting, the radiator had weird marks on it, the bathroom was overall clean and water was suitable.. The television was way to small and not good reception!

We wanted to relax, check out time was 10 and you'd get charged if you came out at any different time! Disgust. We could hear a couple having sex, not very nice thing to wake up to in the morning.

Overall. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Minxytinksx
Dear Sir / Madam,

The Hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet our usual high standard. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room and it is a pleasure to announce that the hotel has now changed completely and there are newly refurbished and decorated rooms, new carpet, new chairs and much more! There are a few rooms that are modern but smaller.
The good news is that our investments continue and soon will have a new lounge area where guests can serve breakfast in the morning and relax at the same time.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days,and was surprised by good stuff,even that room was small and view from my window wasn't brilliant,I enjoyed my stay there.it was clean,and friendly people work there.definatly I will come there again !

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Marinapastukh
Dear Ms Marina,
the hotel and staff would like to thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are happy to find that you had a good time with us and we hope to see you again soon. Ioana Baciu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Royal Chace Hotel
Oak Lodge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Enfield
De Vere Theobalds Estate
Premier Inn London Edmonton Hotel

Been to Holtwhites Hotel? Share your experiences!