“Great for a romantic weekend”
Review of Royal Chace Hotel

Royal Chace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My partner & I selected this hotel for its views of rolling green fields (yes in Enfield), for it's quiet location but specifically for its 4 poster beds with private conservatory & jacuzzi baths....
The hotel is a 4 star properly, prices are reasonable both in the bar & the restaurant. The quality of the food was v good & I do recommend the restaurant.
Good selection of wines ensured a fab time was had by us.
The only negative being the phone in our room didn't work, no minibars & the towels r too small...

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Royal Chace Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel, although I have driven past it often. Necessity rather than anything made me book, after my usual hotel was charging £40 per night extra. On arrival, the first thing that struck me was that it is a lovely old fashioned reception area, very atmospheric, but at the same time, with very attentive front office staff.

The offer to have my bags taken to my room was very welcome, even though we were only talking an overnight bag and a briefcase. There did not appear to be a lift, which may be why the offer was made.

At first glance, the room appeared small, but then the quality of the room became apparent. Older looking hotel it may be, but it had more than enough mains sockets to charge all my mobile tech. The bathroom was not tiny, as is often the case, and there was a good selection of toletries. Only a shower, but it was a decent shower.

For dinner, I opted for a mix from the restaurant and 'casual dining' menu, choosing what I hoped would be quick options of pate followed by linguine with chicken and mushrooms. This was where the hotel let itself down. The food quality was excellent. The service was abysmally slow. There were two waiters, and five other tables: 2 x 3 persons, 2 couples and one other single guy. I was parked in a corner (why does this always happen to single women?!?), and did feel a bit forgotten about. Did I make the mistake of not ordering wine, because it seemed that those that had ordered wine received far prompter service? This goes for the single guy, who also seemed to have been abandoned. I might have thought that perhaps the kitchen were short staffed if it was not for having to ask twice from my bill.

I was a bit concerned that breakfast might be the same slow pace, but it could not have been more different. Three people on duty, and a very rapid service, with toast and coffee appearing quickly. Even though Marmite was available on the condiments table, it was brought to me. Likewise, when I wanted a glass of water, that was also fetched.

So overall, this is a very good hotel, and a welcome change from chain hotels. However, I really hope that the evening waiters speed up the next time I am there.

Room Tip: No lift apparent, although if you have a first floor room, they will take your bags up.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Roal Chace is situated between junction 24 of the M25 and Enfield Town - so it has a country hotel like location but is also only about 10 minutes to the M25. I stayed in July just for one night. Check in was quick - my bag was taken to my room (first floor - no lift) and the room itself was a reasonable size, well furnished and the bathroom looked like it had been recently refubished and was spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the accommodation. I had breakfast the following morning - (breakfast is served in the brasserie - also on the first floor up a different flight of stairs) there was quite a lot of choice - all provided as a buffet type service and the staff on duty were extremely good - nothing was too much trouble. I would stay here again if I needed to be in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here in June for 2 days and found the whole experience enjoyable. From the time I checked in to the time I left I felt as if everyone was looking after me. The room was very comfortable and the use of the free internet was a godsend. The food and service was second to none and the housekeeping was excellent. Although I had to leave early for work so I missed breakfast, I was given a lunch bag consisting of a sandwich of my choice, fruit, dessert and biscuits which was delicious. Thank you again I would love to stay here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
RoyalChaceHotel, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Good morning,

Thank you for your review and submitting so many pictures.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed two nights at the Royal Chace Enfield on the 6th & 7th of July. Reason for the visit Emma & Josh`s Wedding. Arrived at the reception, checked in. A good start, the receptionist was courteous & very helpful. The room was very comfortable & the quietest I have stayed in for a long time. The breakfast was excellent. The staff recharged the coffee & brought the toast to the table. They were very helpful. I did not eat in the restaurant. The wedding breakfast & the late buffet was top class, as was the the service yet again. Well done to all at the Royal Chase.
Colin from Devon.

Room Tip: My room 116 was fine for one person. For two it would have seemed a touch small. The plus side it wa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Southwesttourers

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Trip Adviser following your stay at the Hotel earlier this month.

I have passed on your kind comments to the people you highlighted in you review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at our friends wedding at The Royal Chase. The staff were very attentive and the food was lovely.

However, when we arrived we were asked to hand over our card for 'pre-authorisation' which I was told about before arrival. This was the price of the room plus £50 for any other expenses you may incur during your stay.
When it came to pay, I used the same card. However, I later discovered (when we went to pay for petrol!) that they hadn't used the pre-authorised amount to actually pay for the room. So, we were out of nearly £300 for a £150 bill. This would be fine if we had a credit card, but we had saved up to be able to afford a nice night in the hotel... It was just lucky that we had enough in the account to cover DOUBLE what we thought it was going to be!

The receptionist we spoke to when we phoned back was very friendly and told us that the funds had been released by them, but that it won't return to my account for a few days - what a silly system!

It's lucky that we had cash with us, otherwise we would not have been able to get home.

It was a shame as we had a lovely day yesterday at the wedding, and the room was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review I was pleased to read that your enjoyed the Wedding you attended at the Royal Chace Hotel.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that the Pre-authorisation of your credit card caused, as soon as you check out the funds are released however depending on who you bank with it can take a few days for it to be released.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I cannot thank the staff enough at The Royal Chace Hotel. We have just celebrated my father's 80th Birthday Party at The Royal Chace and they made the event just perfect. All the staff were very polite and helpful from the minute we stepped into the hotel. Sue Wood was extremely helpful and we would like to thank her for all her efforts the party couldnt have been better. Look forward to our next event and stay very soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
Premier Inn London Enfield Hotel

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!