“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Chace Hotel

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here this week on Business and wasn't very impressed to be honest. I was charged 3.50 for a tube of tooth paste. Every other hotel this is free. The food was pretty plain and nothing special despite the claims of the website. Could hear people getting it on in the next room and walls are paper thin could every every conovo. Also i asked for cocktails as did some other members of my company and was told they don'tt make them. 4 star hotel doesn't make cocktails?
Over all impression is that Hotel could be so much more. However staff are seemed more concerned with getting every penny than they are customer service.
I will be travelling again for work and i will not be using this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
If you are referring to the "Gilchrist and Soames" boxed Toothpaste and Toothbrush set then yes it is £3.50 and is free in our Premier and Executive Bedrooms but not our standard rooms.

Without knowing what food you ordered it is difficult to comment on why you would think the food you ate was bland as we change our menus with the seasons and other than the staple commodities and we try to be a creative as possible.

We do have a cocktail menu in our main Bar which leads me to think you ate In the 1st floor the Chace Brasserie and I think it s a bit harsh to say the staff are trying to get every penny as if that was the case the Cocktail menu would have been presented wherever you ate in the Hotel.

Royal Chace Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We held a surprise party for my Mums 70th at the Royal Chace, the whole thing went perfectly. The staff were aware of the surprise and helped to keep it that way, Nathan couldn't have done more on the night. The buffet food was plentiful and tasty. The DJ recommended by the Hotel was just right and made the dance floor heave all night. The bedroom, complete with in room bath and conservatory and four poster was a great end to the night. Everybody had a great night and I would certainly recommend for any functions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

These reviews are always about personal taste. I have spent 20 years staying in hotels as part of work. I stay in a hotel almost every week for work.

Positives

Great location
Nice bar area
Reception staff polite and attentive - better than many big hotels
Parking was easy and close to entrance
Free Wifi throughout
Room was of a good size
Plugs next to bed! At last a hotel that realises we all have a phone that needs charging!
Staff at breakfast were very attentive and service really good - thank you
Quiet room no road noise

Could do better

Bar food orders end at 530pm
Room service menu has a poor selection except if you like burgers
Room service price tray charge at £5 for breakfast is excessive - Raddison in central London charge £1-50 - it was only £3 for evening meal - Why the difference - they don't want to do it?
Room decor getting tired

Not acceptable

No working heating in room - given previous trip adviser reviews I took appropriate nightwear - it was cold in the room

Would I stay again?

Yes I would but I would ask for a room with heating and ensure you ask for a room not facing the road.

Just one note - the road outside gets very busy in the morning so leave yourself extra time if your heading towards Enfield.

Room Tip: Not facing the main road - out back Ask for one where the heating works
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FortyEngland
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your review following your stay at the Royal Chace Hotel earlier this month.

I was disappointed to read that our menu's were not explained to you properly as although our Lunch menu does finish at 5.30pm we have an all day menu that has Steaks, Club Sandwiches, Panini's as well as Chicken, Beef , Lamb and Rosemary burgers.

At 6pm the Fine dining Kings Restaurant and first floor Chace Brasserie are open both offering contrasting cuisine and we do make every attempt to appeal to customers needs.

I can only apologise for the heating not being on in your bedroom, other than the odd airlock there are no issues with our boilers.

Thank you once again for your review.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed for 3 nights. My positives are Michael Duty Manger is Fantastic and Friendly.Breakfast Staff. Bar staff Lovely.Night shift Manger Dennis should be Sacked for his manner and his comments to people shocking.I was given a disabled room for 2 Adults 1Child.When I emailed to complain.I was told it was policy to ask at time had I been aware of this I would of done it.I asked for Compensation no reply.I would use this Hotel again if they correct the faults that I had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa M
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We regularly stay for 2 nights at this hotel when visiting my 91 year old father who is in a local care home. We manage to get him to the restaurant in the evening and the staff are very attentive and helpful. This week we had an excellent meal and I would recommend my duck starter and sole main course. Whilst some of the rooms are a little tired we find them ok for our short stays. I would also say that when we had a funeral reception in the Mandeville Suite last year following the passing away of my mother we were most impressed with the food/drinks and excellent service provided by the hotel. We enjoy our breakfasts and as regulars we have got to know a number of the staff who are really friendly. We have had a few niggles from time to time but they have usually been handled very well for us.Indeed this week Michael one of the duty managers sorted us out when we had a heating problem in our room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Held a 50th birthday party on Saturday evening in the Mandeville Suite,for 91 people.Food was very good (hot fork buffet) and layout was great.Hotel recommended disco after the meal was also just right.Staff all very attentive and many thanks to hotel event organiser,Joshua Silva for attending to the details.I would use again for a celebratory occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Trip adviser.

I was pleased the 50th was a success and have passed on your kind comments to Joshua in the Meeting and Events Sales office.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Was taken on a surprise birthday night away. Lovely room, nice staff. Ordered breakfast in bed for 10am. It turned up at 8.30am and was cold. We could also here the people next door all night. But nice room and pleasant people.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for you review on TripAdviser.

I have no record of an issue with room service breakfast recently so was surprised to read it was delivered so early, I have however passed this on to the department concerned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review.

Royal Chace Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
#4 of 5 in Enfield
Oak Lodge Hotel
Oak Lodge Hotel
#5 of 5 in Enfield

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!