“Great Place”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
London, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wedding took place on 31st May in this lovely hotel. The service received from Joshua the wedding planner and the rest of the team at the hotel was excellent and I would recommend them to anyone thinking of getting married in Enfield. My husband and I had an amazing day and our friends and family who stayed overnight at the hotel were all very happy too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here recently over a weekend, and have to say how disappointed we both were. Our room was dated and old, the bed not that comfy. The hotel obviously had a function on (a wedding I think) which meant lots of noise and drunken people until the early hours of the morning, which meant a good nights sleep was not had. Breakfast was ok, up until my wife asked for a latte coffee, and were told that we would have to pay £2.25, which we did. Have never ever been charged for a latte anywhere we've stayed in the world, and I think we are quite well travelled.
Overall our stay was not that good, we will NOT be returning, and would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking function room or courtyard can be noisy at weekends if there is a function on.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NickyboyLondon
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Room was very clean and roomy.

Asked for a room with a view and got it. Was looked after all the way through our 2 night stay. Only problem was the kitchen. They got confused with sides and mains and thought the side was a main. Then the sticky toffee pudding with popping ice cream wasn't popping. Shame I was looking forward to that.

Apart from that the staff are fantastic and even addressed the above being professional all the way through.

Thanks everyone

Room Tip: Stayed in room 241
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Trip adviser.

I have passed on your comments to Duncan the Executive Head Chef and I am sure he will resolve the front of house mix up and the lack of popping candy.

I was pleased to read however that the matter was dealt with swiftly and in a professional manor.

Thank you once again.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is an hidden gem, in the Countryside near to London, it is in easy reach of Enfield Town which has an excellent shopping mall, it is in easy reach of London via the main line train services or the underground from Cockfosters on the Piccadilly Line, the hotel as an excellent restaurant, gym and swimming pool, if you are in London, give it a try

Room Tip: Chose a room on the ground floor as no lift available
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Terry C
Dear Terry C

Thank you for taking to time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Trip adviser.

Surrey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a function in London, our guests chose this hotel so we decided to stay here too. Huge mistake, we had a total of 7 rooms booked. Disasters started from the minute we booked right through to the day of our stay and into the next day. Having worked in both the hotel industry and customer service for over 15 years I have genuinely no idea how The Royal Chace is still operational. Incorrect rooms booked, bad attitude from reservation and reception staff, sweat box bedrooms that no one could breathe in. A total lack of consideration for any of my guests during check in some of which had travelled either 200 miles by car or from another country entirely. The entire hotel is not disabled friendly so if you have any type of disability forget staying here. When it came down to checking out I had a list of complaints as long as my arm from myself and every single one of my guests, what was I met with? 3 highly disinterested and disingenuous members of staff. Anything done? Fortunately I didn't hold my breath or I wouldn't be here to leave this review. If you want your special day ruined then this is definitely the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank TravelLady79
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your short stay at the Royal Chace Hotel on Trip adviser, I have taken the time to investigate and have the following comments to make.

I understand you checked into the Royal Chace nearer midnight following an external event in London.

Although you were sent a written confirmation informing you check in time was from 2pm it seems in your absence the rest of your party were not informed of this and arrived expecting an early check in or for us to provide changing rooms none of which were available or pre-arranged.

The three rooms you reserved were exactly as your confirmation letter.

I understand you initially wanted to book from our non-refundable advance purchase tariff but to enjoy this rate payment is taken upfront and you were not prepared to do this, therefore you booked the day’s best available rate still expecting to receive the same level of discount and were unhappy when you were told this was not possible.
We do have disabled facilities to meet various levels of disability with two fully equipped bedrooms.

For the avid readers of Trip adviser reviews we advertise check in time is from 2pm and would always recommend you stay the night before if you have to be somewhere near this time and are planning to freshen up after traveling or indeed get changed at the Hotel prior to an event.

Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had an opportunity to stay at the Royal Chace Hotel for a Saturday night and enjoyed the experience. The room was a little on the small side but otherwise well equipped and clean. the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom well stocked.
There was a wedding taking place at the same time and the hotel staff managed to keep the event separate from the staying guests, there was little noise to trouble us during dinner and as the evening drew on.
The hotel itself is well decorated, clean and in great condition for an English" country hotel. I was a regular in this hotel many years back when it was very tired and shabby and I was pleasantly surprised to see how it has been transformed into its current condition.
The staff are all extremely helpful and efficient.
We used the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed the quality of the food and service. The wine list is very good with a range of prices to suit most pockets.
We used the room service facility for breakfast which was on time and again, the food was excellent.

Room Tip: As always, prices determines the better rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GerryR847
Essex
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed as a wedding we were attending was at this hotel. We arrived very early and was given a room immediately. The hotel was very clean the staff lovely and helpful, breakfast was delicious. We paid £105 for two people which included the breakfast on a Saturday night. Very good value - Relaxed, attentive, clean and good value

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IssyBell
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel.

Royal Chace Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
Travelodge Cheshunt
Travelodge Cheshunt
#1 of 2 in Cheshunt

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!