“A great day for fruit picking”
Review of Parkside Farm

Parkside Farm
Ranked #6 of 18 things to do in Enfield
London, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A great day for fruit picking”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We enjoyed a great half day of fruit picking with our granddaughter. The farm is really well run and friendly. There is a wide selection of fruit and vegetables to pick and this year the quality is excellent. Fruit punnets, baskets and bags are provided free of charge as well as trolleys to push round the fields to carry your bounty.

Picking areas are clearly signposted. We picked excellent strawberries and raspberries as well as courgettes. onions, tomatoes, beans and beetroot. There was also a plentiful supply of plums, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants. There is a minimum charge of £3 person for your fruit and veg but it's hard not to pick too much!

There is adequate parking and picnic tables. You can also buy ice creams and cold drinks in the small shop.

It's great fun for all the family and children of any age. It can get very busy in the afternoon in the good weather and school holidays.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sallyrb2014

London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Wonderful Strawberries extreemly well run farm experience..good value.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is so nice to write something good about a restauarant or attraction and having visited this "Pick Your Own Farm" on a Tuesday early in the growing season I was pleasantly surprised and impressed in the most professional way this operation is run and the lovely strawberries to take home.
I am a pro jam maker and was out to test their product for my Summer jam making table at a local market soon to open in Winchmore Hill my home town.
The day was sunny and showery and I was the only one picking, but as I left a few ladies were strolling up to the field which had some ready to pick dark red strawberries at ground level for the early season pick ,after which I can see acres of eye level plants at eye level" easy pick" just starting to come along for the seasons business....its very impressive the rows and rows of plants all in "apple pie" order.
They cover the ground in straw so the ladies won't get their heels muddy and you are left to your own resources to chose and pick your choice of gorgeous fruit, it really works as for me I could chose the fruit with good colour but not to ripe which is better for my recipes, and of course they could'nt be fresher with the pectin level as high as it could be.
The price per kilo was £4.59 which compared to Tescos finest.....rubbish! at £8.34 was a bargain , I hope they don't increase the price as the season goes on, it should go down as they become flooded with stock, but I shall see.
Forget the previous useless and inaccurate reviewers quoting M& S prices as being the same...nonsense and twaddle , cheaper than Tescos guys !... that's good enough for me.
Later on they will be offering all sorts of other fruits and vegetables also, I hope they compare to Tescos and beat them on price on offer, I shall be buying from them can't wait.
Give them your business, whilst I am sure they clean up, they should ,its private enterprise at its best and I applaude them....well done Parkside.
Oh if you have kids remember treat Parkside with respect and don't let your kids run amock eating all they can for free and bruising the fruit, I saw lots of fruit on the floor..........
I will be back next week for more strawberries to start my jam making process ,oh I forgot the test batch was superb dark red and full of flavour, so much pectin in the fresh fruit I shall have to reduce my cooking times to adjust the consistency.
This is the real deal allright !

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lordwebb
St Albans, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Sterling service and strawberries”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My friend (age 4) and I visited today, the very first strawberry day of 2014. We were greeted by Helena, you was very friendly and asked my picking assistant if she had been before and then patiently explained where we had to go. She asked which size of baskets we needed and told us the approximate price for filled containers.

We picked our strawberries, added the chocolate dipping sauce and joined the queue. Being the first day of the season I was not surprised to see a young man on “till training”. Despite a queue slowly forming he was very pleasant and smiling, watched over by Hannah who had the same demeanor. Not easy to keep smiling when you must be very nervous!

We were told the chocolate dipping sauce was especially good if mixed with a little cream. As there are no strawberries or sauce left in my house, I can confirm this is the case. However I would like to know if the sauce can be heated, then I had better buy 2 pots!

If the staff can maintain this level of service they will be a credit to the farm. Today they were a pleasure. And we shall we back again soon!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julie S
Sandton,South Africa
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Oooh such fun picking your own...”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was miserable weather (surprised?) but we went any way& were glad we did. The fields are extensive with good choices of berry fruit and vegetables. The fields are clearly marked for you to find what you want to pick. There is a calendar available showing what is available during which months. They are open six days a week. Monday closed. The entrance fee is offset against your total purchase. All in all a most enjoyable outing, fresh air, lots of walking if you want to and pleasant staff.The kids will love it too.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Gilda18
Mangalore
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Fantastic farm visit and great strawberries.”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We visited this farm in the month of July 2013 and the children had a lovely time. Strawberries were great. Fresh strawberries were Juicy and sweet. Though advised only to taste, visitors did enjoy them. There is a minimum fee per person to be adjusted against the farm produce. Table top strawberries are easy to pick and collect. Farm provides the baskets and bags to collect fruits and vegetables. Its a great experience for the children and adults. Farm has variety of vegetables and fruits. Vast area to explore. I enjoyed the visit to note the farming and the details. Various Vegetables are grown and we picked up a few including beans and spinach. Farm shop at the entry/exit has additional items worth buying especially ice cream. Lovely cream. Free parking and plenty of space. Plenty of Visitors on a busy day. I would certainly recommend this farm to families with young children. It may be best sometimes to call in advance and confirm the availability of various crops or visit the farm website.

Visited July 2013