“Hard-working and friendly waitress”
Review of La Caverna

La Caverna
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate here last night and were encouraged by how busy the place was, and its ranking as No. 2 in Enfield. It was very busy and the waitress did apologise for our wait to order even a drink. We ordered a garlic bread between us to eat while our main meals were being cooked. At £2.70 we were disappointed with the ciabatta roll cut in half that arrived, as we had thought we would be getting a pizza-based garlic bread at that price. Plus we were starving! We should have asked, we know!

My dish of Penne a la Matriciana was very tasty and I enjoyed it, though with one rasher of pancetta and two mushrooms amongst the tomato-covered penne, I thought it expensive for what it was. The other person in the party had a pizza, which was very nice, but again, a bit pricey at around £9. The wine, though, was very reasonably-priced, so I suppose it's swings and roundabouts!

1  Thank DavidWhittlelewoods
There are newer reviews for La Caverna

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been visiting this family run restauraent for many years. Whilst the staff my change they are all related in one way or another and the service is always good. Quality of food excellent and the wines are superb. It doesn't matter if there are 2 of you or 22 or you - it's always a good night

1  Thank CeeJay1964
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Considering the surroundings, cost and quality of food, I consider this place at least very good.
quite dark inside (it is called The Cave!) but very clean.
Attentive and helpful staff.

1  Thank vodkasprite
Reviewed 27 March 2014

simple but tasty food with good friendly service. I enjoyed al dente pasta which was professionally prepared and not the usual overcooked overboiled mud. Last but not least reasonable prices so all in all a nice place to visit.

1  Thank N S
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is so unassuming and yet the food is astonishing and the service always extremely friendly. Simply the best restaurant in the area. Wish they opened on a Sunday night though.

2  Thank James G