The Stag
US$92
US$99
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn London Southgate Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge London Edmonton(London)(Great Value!)
US$52
    Travelodge Cheshunt(Cheshunt)(Great Value!)
    US$52
    Travelodge
    • Restaurant
    West Lodge Park Hotel(Barnet)(Great Value!)
    US$134
    US$104
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed 31 March 2013

The room was so small you had to climb over the bed to get to the other side. It was impossible to wash or brush your teeth in the smallest ever wash basin. The noise from the pub went on until 2am and then the noise from passers by went on until 5.30am. Having to pay £70 for this is an absolute joke. We wouldn't use this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank Space_cowboy06
    Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here for two nights recently while working in the area. I am working there again soon but not sure whether I will stay here again. The staff were all extremely pleasant from my arrival until my departure so that was certainly not any cause for concern.
    I arrived on a Wednesday evening which I expected to be quiet. When I went up to my room about 10.30 PM there were only 2 others in the bar. From about 11 until just after 12, there must have been an influx of people from somewhere as suddenly there was very loud music and people talking loudly outside my window. The following night after watching football in the pub with very freindly locals, after retiring to my room around the same time, there was no such noise.There is a bus terminus outside the hotel which means the all night buses can keep awake or disturb all but the heaviest of sleepers although if I had wanted to venture in to Central London, it would have been most convenient with a key to the side door of the accommodation being provided enabling 24 hour access.
    Although the pub advertises itself as a cafe bar, it doesn't do food in the evening and even breakfast (which was pleasant but not earth shattering) is at an additional charge, which is disappointing.
    The room I was allocated was extremely small and although described as a double, was onl;y just big enough for me. The "bathroom" containing a shower, a toilet and the smallest washbasin ever seen was very small and had I not left the door open, I wouldn't have really fitted in it.
    Although free wi-fi is available throughout, which is welcome, there was no desk to work at in my room making it difficult to satisfactorily do any work.
    Overall, the convenience of the location to where I was working, the pleasant staff and a comfortable bed in a well-heated room (with facility to turn up or down the level of heating) made for a reasonable stay despite the concerns referred to here.

Room Tip: Room at the back less likely to be disturbed by the buses although I didn;'t see them so don't know what they are like.
    • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
    Reviewed 25 November 2012

I booked several rooms at this hotel for a special occasion. I stressed to the staff beforehand that I wanted the best room at this hotel for the two nights I booked for myself and my wife (and also asked them not to book me into one of the noisier rooms, as I was slightly worried about the noise from downstairs), only to end up with the smallest (and noisiest) room. To start with, the staff insisted on me paying the entire rate due for both nights up-front (they wouldn't even let me go into my room to drop my bag off, which I thought was a little bit unusual). The room I got in the end was located right above one of the main entrances to the downstairs bar (also part of the hotel) - the first night: very loud noise of the bar customers until after 2am, after which time I then also had to contend with the noise of rowdy passers-by (who chose to have a play-fight just outside my window), which meant I didn't sleep properly until about 3:30am. When I asked the manager the next morning to change my room, the only response was that that was not possible; there was no apology or attempt to improve things at all. My father, who stayed in another room at the hotel, complained to staff that there was no functioning light in the bathroom and that there was no TV reception - he was told that someone would come and look at the problem; no-one came, and again no apology at all. Every time there was an issue, I had to search for about 10-15 minutes for anyone remotely associated with the hotel (the bar staff told me that they had nothing to do with the hotel, even though they were part of the same business, and therefore couldn't do anything). The manager was completely unresponsive to and unwilling to deal with any issues that arose, and almost seemed to consider it an insult every time I complained about something. The rooms themselves were clean and OK, but the overall experience is certainly not one I would ever want to repeat. Not recommended at all !

Room Tip: I you have to stay at this hotel (if nothing else is available), then at least make sure you don't book the room immediately above the side entrance to the downstairs bar (the mistake I made).
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Kris P
    Reviewed 11 October 2012

The guesthouse is fully refurbished and trendy on top of a pub, so Friday and Saturday night might get a bit noiser til about 12-1am than it does mid week. It is located opposite a bus depot, so you can hear the buses coming and going and brakes screeching occasionally. It is conveniently located near Enfield Chase station and just a walk away from Enfield town. Although the room was too small for a double, it didn't fit both our suitcases comfortably, and only one of us could move at a time. No major complaints though because the price was really low and the rooms are new, clean and warm, and close to transport and centre which served it's purpose. I would definitely stay there again but next time request a larger room, and maybe at the back of the guesthouse.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Maz757
    Reviewed 16 July 2012

The rooms although small are spotless and attractive.The staff are very nice and helpful. However if you stay here on a Friday or Saturday the noise can be something else. The music goes on until a least 1 and can be very loud, as well as people outside somking and the sound really travels as the windows are only wooden. You can also hear people snoring and talking in the rooms next store as the walls are so thin. Also if you get a room at the front of the building there is a 24 hour bus terminus directly in front of this property which can be very loud indeed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the building.
    • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family