“Family Lunch”

Robin Hood
Ranked #19 of 168 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Pub Is Nestled In The Remote Hamlet Of Botany Bay On The Ridgeway. Get Toasty With One Of Our Two Log Fires, Located Near The Public Bar For A Quiet Pint Or In The Recently Crafted Glass Conservatory. This Is A Favourite Dining Spot By The Locals Especially When The Sun Shines! For Alfresco Enjoyment The Robin Hood Easily Hosts The Best Beer Garden In Botany Bay Even If We Do Say So Ourselves. Our Chefs Lovingly Create Food With A Focus On British Heritage And Fresh Seasonal Ingredients, Championing Sunday Roasts Coupled With A Glass Of Fine Wine Or A Pint Of Mcmullen Cask Ale.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Food Fantastic. Good value for money.Staff lovely and friendly.Well worth a visit.I would recommend the Lamb Shank.

1  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Daughter lives in the area and has used its sister pub the Jolly Farmer and found that good, so tried the Robin Hood and found this just as good.

Helpful and friendly staff and nothing too much trouble. Busy Sunday as expected but this was 2pm and customers still kept on coming. Judging by the standard of food and size of portions can understand why busy. Too full for dessert which looked good.

Worth a second visit

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Ideal venue for families, friends and couples alike. Nice decor inside and lovely fireplace to create a warm cosy feeling.

Food was good pub food, not fine dining, but you get good quality for your money. Would definitely recommend and also go here again.

2  Thank araidia100
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Average. I had a grab and go Sunday lunch. Having been shooting all morning at the local clay pidgeon shoot I was STARVIN !! So popped in with 12 others and ordered the £10 roast beef at the bar.

On arrival it was not very inspiring. A bit of a metalic taste, The Yorshire pud was burnt to a crisp! (Criminal....) and there was no offer of extra sauce or mustard from the very dour looking service staff.

Overall I was underwhelmed. For a grab and go meal I would have been better off at McDonalds and would have got better value for my £10-er

Maybe they need to go down the carvery route instead. Anyway sorry folks you wasnt terrible but then you wasnt memorable either.

Would I go back? Nah. Better eateries out there than this.

1  Thank 365drills
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We called in here on a busy Tuesday evening. When ordering the food we asked how long it would be. We were told, “20 minutes” and so it was, almost on the dot. The Lasagne was a recent portion and tasty; the Beef in Beer stew was a decent size and not swamped with mash potatoes.

The problem was the drinks. We’d normally have beer with our food as such a place, so we asked for a taster of the seasonal beer – Halo. It was vinegary. “Oh, it’s an acquired taste”, the barman said seeing our negative expressions. As a regular real ale drinker, it’s not one I’m ever likely to acquire. My wife had wine and I had their McMullen AK – that, while not having any off tastes, also had no condition and died in the glass. Since the pub is owned by the McMullen brewery, I’d expected better. If we go back here again, it will be wine for me too.

1  Thank BeejayBerkshire