“An excellent evening”

Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Goole
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I attended the Yorkshire Day meal at the Crossings Tea Rooms, we found this to be an excellent evening, good company, good atmosphere and very good food for the price, We would recommend anyone to try this establishment on one of their theme nights...

1  Thank Neets64

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself and my partner both had a panini it was very fresh, tasty, well presented and hot. We both had a fruit scone that was freshly made by the owner that morning and was beautiful. All the cakes looked delicious and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Would highly recommend The Crossings Tea Rooms.

2  Thank KTP2B
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited The Crossings on Yorkshire Day. The food was good for the price but nothing special. Our enjoyment of the occasion was marred by one customer fiddling on his i-Player whilst he sorted brass band music whch blasted out from his nearby table!
Service was good and the various starter tasters were also very good. Yorkshire parkin was the best that I have tasted and outshone that of most nearby restaurants.
Ambience was spoilt by the brass band as we found it difficult to converse!!

PeterHowden, Owner at The Crossings Cafe Diner Goole, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

First of all many thanks for your review of my business . I must say that I am shocked that you think the food on the only evening was only average but then go on to contradict the statement by saying that the starters offered were very good and the Parkin( Home made Parkin) was probably the best in the area???- All food prepared and served on the evening was made by hand, was fresh and locally sourced and charged at only £12.95 for 3 courses and Tea and Coffee! I think I can safely say that food of our standard is not served in other eateries for that price. Myself and my partner were both asking customers all night if everything was ok and not one person led us to believe any other .All my other customers were very complimentary on the evening ( and indeed after the event when visiting the Tearoom) on all aspects of the Themed evening .This is the 4th such evening and all of our custom has been repeat - except yourselves.
Once again many thanks for your feedback , it is only through customer feedback that we can amend and improve the service we provide.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

lovely place and would reccomend to everyone.....lovely friendly place ...staff polite...food fresh and superb.....all home made sweets

1  Thank Samantha V
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well what to say, there is so much that is good about The Crossings. First and foremost there is Peter, mine host - what a talent who also creates a friendly atmosphere. He is very welcoming. His baking is wonderful. Nice full cups of coffee. Prices are good. I have not had a cooked meal there yet but look forward to doing so. The place is always busy, hardly surprising. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Rita H