“Luxurious”
Review of Thames House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gravesend
Thames House
Ranked #4 of 8 Gravesend B&B and Inns
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at Thames House for the weekend of 3-4 May, having been influenced by the previous TripAdvisor reviews. They accurately portray the standard of accommodation offered. The personal touch - Claire's helpful knowledge, her willingness to add my 3 days' of cycling clothing to her washing and her interest in her clients - added to the experience. A highlight.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My partner and I have stayed at Thames House many times and it is probably the best b&b we have ever stayed in.

How to begin? The house is beautiful, as is the sister house (Mission House). Both overlook the Thames. The Mission House is literally a stone's throw. Architecturally both buildings are of great interest. Combine this with every modern comfort that you could want and you have the perfect haven. Immaculate rooms, wondrously comfy beds. And Claire and Andy's home cooked, home sourced breakfast is to die for. Make sure you meet the lovely Bruce and the chickens!

A little haven of tranquillity - you will love it here. I cannot rate this place highly enough.

Claire and Andy - see you very soon!

Room Tip: Every room has its own charm.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nikkimaddycharlotte
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed 5 nights recently and would highly recommend a stay at Thames House, like others I was made to feel welcome, the room was very clean, with bottles of water and fresh milk provided daily. A great selection at breakfast, and cooked to order. A nice quiet spot by the water's edge with some parking lasting 4 hours at a time. Definitely would return again.

Stayed September 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Thames House, what a beautiful house, setting and room and all with fabulous views. Claire was a lovely host and had time to chat, my room was spacious and had everything that a traveller needs, the bathroom was modern, all the linen had a luxurious feel and breakfast was yum! I would definately recommend a stay at the Thames House and will look forward to a return visit, 5*'s from me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pamela A
BRISTOL
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My sister and I stayed here for just one night 20/21 July 2013. I wish it could have been for a month!! My sister and I will both return time and again - absolutely everything about this place is top notch. The thoughtful touches everywhere you could not even find in a 5-star hotel, and I've stayed in a few of these. I stayed in the Captain's Room at the top of the house, which has the most modern, efficient power shower in the adjoining bathroom. Sheer luxury. When we arrived, Clare had just finished bottling dozens and dozens of jars of raspberry jam and the breadmaker was churning away as she worked. Busy as she was, the welcome she gave us was so warm and friendly. Breakfast the next morning rivalled any I've had in hotels all over the world, freshly cooked and plentiful. Andy was in charge of the toast and coffee and he too was utterly charming and welcoming. This wonderful couple did their very very efficient, amiable best to make our overnight stay memorable and judging by the other trip advisor reports, everybody feels exactly the same abouit this historic, ultra-clean establishment. Do yourselves a favour and book!!! I promise you, you won't be disappointed. Norah Pullen and Patricia Martin

Room Tip: Any room is excellent. Very quiet pleaceful location. Sorry I indicated that there's a swimmin...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NORAH P
Bad Honnef, Germany
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Excellent accomodiation. We stayed 4 nights and we'll come back.
It is hardly possible to make us feel more at home than Claire and Andy.
Breakfast was freshly cooked, the rooms are tidy and the view over River Thames is brilliant.

See you again.
Greetings from Germany

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed here five times since September 2012 and can't recommend it highly enough. I stayed in both the main house and the Mission House and both rooms were well decorated, clean with lots of lovely little touches (binoculars for Thames-viewing, fresh milk, sweets, lovely big towels!). Claire does a great breakfast with a good choice of continental or cooked. I travel a lot for work and this is by far the best B&B I have stayed in. My only minor niggle would be a fairly weak in-and-out wifi signal although I normally find that this is the case in any hotel or B&B.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravesend
Premier Inn Gravesend Central Hotel
Premier Inn Gravesend (A2/Singlewell) Hotel
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#4 of 5 in Gravesend

Been to Thames House? Share your experiences!