“Ideal Overnight for Ebbsfleet”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Gravesend Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gravesend
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Ideal Overnight for Ebbsfleet”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Well located Premier Inn with attached Beefeater. Usual Set up. Efficient and friendly check in . Room clean and spacious , obviously been built for some time but that does not detract from overall comfort. Sadly does not have AirCon and on night of our stay it was very hot. Fans provided and the duvet could be exchanged for sheets so it worked out OK.Did not sample breakfast as we had an early start but evening meal was fine and again the staff very pleasant.
Plenty of on site free parking. Nearby Sainsburys had the cheapest petrol I have seen for ages.
Very close to Ebbsfleet fo Eurostar so this worked out very well.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeandAnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Gravesend is a deadbeat place with little to do. So for an exhausted weekender, no better place than to go to a place where nothing is fun. But we still managed to squeeze time out for bluewaters.
The hotel itself is very neat, clean and central location(?) to a small town like Gravesend. A half a km to station and central market section (closed on Sunday).
We stayed here for a weekend, went to the market for a while on Saturday and went to Bluewater on Sunday. Otherwise the hotel has a good restaurant. No room service and little other amenities but is a quite place.
good value for money

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We found the staff of the hotel to be welcoming and friendly, the room was large, clean and modern. The onsite Beefeater restuarante serves a fine breakfast. What impressed me most was the warmth of the staff in both establishments, it contrasted well with the "Premier" corporate style.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
East midlands, England
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My trip to Gravesend was long and irritating so when I found the hotel had been effectively hidden from view causing me to have to hunt around for my nights stay I was ready to launch out on a few gripes and groans in my review.
However, I was very pleased to get a really friendly welcome from the staff and I began to relax my attitude. The room was standard fare - clean, tidy and comfy bed. The bathroom was clean and smelt fresh. I was starting to chill!
I wont go on about the cost of WiFi access - irritating to have to pay so much for something so basic, but there we go.
I visited the attached Beefeater for my evening meal, not bad and quite busy. The meal was decent quality and again I felt the staff made the effort to look after me. Breakfast the next day was good quality and well worth the money. Again welcoming staff made the day start well.

Overall a reasonable quality stay over and if not the most prestigious hotel it certainly was worth the money.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Kent, UK
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I was pleasantly suprised by this hotel. We have all seen the adverts with Lenny Henry proclaiming how good they are but he has been paid to say that so in reality how good are they?

We arrived early at 1:30pm instead of the 2pm checkin time. There was no problem at all with letting us have our room early. I've found before that some hotels don't like to let you check in early or have to check with a manager but no problem at all here.

The reception area was clean and well cared for and the staff were friendly. The purpose of the break was complete relaxation, just to check in for a few days, switch off the phone and read, chill out, watch tv etc. We told reception that we didn't want any maid service while we were there. Again, no problem. Just hand the "do not disturb" sign on the outside of the door. There was even a little brass knob to hang it on!

The rooms were clean with no marks on the wall, bathroom was clean with no mould on the shower curtain or between the tiles. The bath was lovely and deep so you could have a good soak if you wanted it (I did) and there was lux shower gel in a holder on the wall.

The bed was heavenly, so comfortable that I really didn't want to get out of it! Best of all, 2 pillows each were supplied and they were quite fluffy too as opposed to the small flattened one that you get at Travelodge.

The outlook of the room could have been better. It looked onto the car park and a service entrance, although this was only used about 9am in the mornings. All in all, it wasn't a big thing.

There is a Beefeater on site. You can choose to have the cost of this added to your room but if you do this, the menu is limited. We opted to just book in seperately, pay on the night and have the full menu.

All in all, a very good experience. I'll definitely be using this chain again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scruffykaz
132 miles west of Dublin
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night with wife and two children on our way to the Eurostar terminal at Ebbsfleet. The hotel is about 10 minutes easy drive from the station (and is probably the nearest budget hotel to it). Check-in was fine and staff were very pleasant. They recommended that we eat at the Beefeater pub in the hotel grounds - which we did. It was just what we wanted after a long drive. (They have a good deal on main courses before 6.30pm). Breakfast is also served in the pub each morning. It was fine too.

Our one complaint about the hotel was the smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor and room. We first thought we had been given a smoking room - but there was a notice to say the hotel had been smoking free since Jan 2008 i.e. for the past 6 months. It was not a good sign - in fact it was pretty awful and if we had been staying more than one night we would have sought a move.

The hotel probably needs a redecoration and a good airing to remove the residual smoke after the ban. It was such a pity that our otherwise good stay (and peaceful nights sleep) was upset by the smell.

• Liked — Proximity to Ebbsfleet
  • Disliked — Smell of Cigarette smoke in room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Herondancer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravesend
The Inn on the Lake
#5 of 5 in Gravesend
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Premier Inn Gravesend Central Hotel? Share your experiences!