“Always a great experience”
Review of Peking Restaurant

Peking Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 132 Restaurants in Gravesend
Price range: US$41 - US$51
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

One of my favourite restaurants in Gravesend. We have been going here for the last 15 years but it has been open since 1973.
It is a warm and inviting atmosphere in the centre of Gravesend. The food is always excellent and very reasonably priced. The owners are great fun and always make you feel welcome.
Our last visit was Valentines night with a great deal - set menu for £22 per person.
Can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We ordered a takeaway from the Peking Restaurant on New Years Eve. I arranged to collect it and it was all packed and ready wine I arrived. The proprietor was efficient and helpful and served me straight away. We recieved a complimentary bottle of wine with our takeaway. Our meal was of very generous portions hot and very tasty. It was very reasonably priced. Whilst collecting my meal I noticed that the restaurant was nicely decorated, clean and quite busy. A sit down meal is on the cards in the new year

2  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The food is always amazing, we're friends with the owners and we come on every special occasion. They're always accommodating and friendly, and the food never fails to impress me, and I never leave unsatisfied. I would recommend this place to everyone who enjoys good Chinese food. The entrance and stairwell are not overly impressive but the restaurant itself is lovely and decked out in Chinese decorations, it has a wonderful atmospher, so do not be put off! You will not be disappointed if you come here.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went here for only the second time to meet up with visiting relatives on a November Saturday evening. The restaurant was more or less full with a good atmosphere. There were 5 people on our table and we had one of the set dinners,which I thought was excellent value for money and provided plenty of variety and was more than enough for even the greediest amongst us! Liked the decor - traditional red plush sort of thing with the hanging lanterns but not too tacky at all - and the tables were reasonably spaced and the service was good, friendly and attentive but not overly obtrusive. We had both red and white wine and I thought both were very drinkable and reasonably priced, followed by liquers and brandy, all very well presented. Over the years I must have eaten in hundreds of Chinese restaurants around the country but this was definitely one of the better ones - a real find in Gravesend. But it is on the first and second floors with no lift so anyone with real mobility problems would have a problemo.

2  Thank LindaL.-7
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Been to The Peking many times over the years - specially at Christmas (you HAVE to try the 16 course Xmas Banquet!!)
Food has always been excellent, as has the service which is attentive yet unobtrusive.
The set meals are among the best, and most generous, you can find in a Chinese restaurant.
The only down side I have ever found with the Peking is the climb up the stairs to get to it, but it's worth the racing heartbeat!

1  Thank Shane W