“Not so close to Wembley, however a pleasant place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge Hotel

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Greenford
Midlands,UK
“Not so close to Wembley, however a pleasant place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

19th June 2010

I booked this hotel to stay at for the night, as my partner and myself were going to a concert at Wembley Stadium.

After an extensive search on Expedia, I came across the Bridge Hotel, I picked the Bridge as it stated it was within a couple of km to Wembley Stadium.
However it was almost 20 minutes in a taxi away, we contemplated walking back but it really is not that close at all.
This surprised me as all the other reviews mention it is so easy to get to Wembley from there, It is difficult getting back to the hotel from Wembley as taxis aren't very keen on picking you up from anywhere near the stadium, we had great fun ttrying to get back!
So if you're booking this hotel due to its apparent close location to Wembley, I wouldn't. There are many other hotels much closer.

The Hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, however we were using it purely as a place to sleep so that wasn't a problem.
It took around 30 minutes on the tube form Euston to the hotel, this was simple enough and not a problem. The Tube station is a ten minute walk from the hotel which was great.
It cost £6.30 for a day ticket on the tube to get to this hotel from Euston.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist, she could possibly have been the owner? She warmly welcomed us and asked us about the concert we were going to. Check in was a very simple process, and I felt very welcome.

Our room was spotless, lovely and modern and full of little freebies. It wasn't exceptionally big in size, however that makes no difference to me personally. Lovely clean bathroom, nice towels and a spacious shower and bath.
Menus and details about the hotel are in your room, you have the option to have breakfast in your room also.

Breakfast is included in your price, this I could not fault. Full cooked breakfast is served to you, you can help yourself to tea coffee and juices. You can also choose a continental option. This was very impressive as I didn't actually know you got breakfast when i originally booked the hotel.

Overall we had a nice stay at The Bridge. I cannot fault the hotel in any way, it is lovely and clean with friendly staff and I honestly cannot think of any bad points to report.
My only negative point is its location. It is NOT close to Wembley, unless I had two bad taxi drivers (!) it's a good 20 minute taxi ride away. I'd love to stay there again, but I wouldn't choose to for its apparent closeness to Wembley.

I'd recommend this hotel highly, it's well maintained and very friendly, the owners must work very hard. Just wish I could have got to Wembley easier!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Colchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

I stayed at this Hotel for one night as I was attended a course nearby. I really enjoyed my stay as all the staff were so friendly and helpful. The receptionist, the bar staff and the restaurant staff were so nice and efficient. My room was very comfortable with a brilliant power shower, TV with Freeview and a variety of tea's, coffee and hot chocolate in the room. I had a delicious evening meal of Salmon steak which was the biggest I have ever seen and Asparagus and Pak Choi which really makes a change from peas and carrots! I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night in april to be close to a family party. The rooms are very clean and tidy. The beds are very big and comfy there is a tv coffee and tea in the room. nice and clean bathroom with shower. Also the bar area is good to have a drink in. The only problem was having to wait to be let in to the hotel in the early hours as all gates where looked and one is operated from reception. Other than that was a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Brit in Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

I read the reviews and on that basis we booked this hotel. The room was clean and spacious. Being near a busy roundabout there is no noise inside the room. No clock radio, so no waking up to your favorite radio program. Fixed shower head which can be annoying, but the shower was hot and powerful. Flannels are not supplied. We had a problem with the toilet 2am in the morning so had to debunk to a another room with no fuss. The room we think is not used except maybe when the hotel is full so was not comfortable (but at that time of the night there was no choice) but on request the next day we were upgraded to a another room with again no fuss. Staff very polite and comerdating . Breakfast was a disappointment, what is advised on the hotel's web site is incorrect ( no fried bread or black pudding) and we had to request the toast.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. We needed to visit the surrounding area. So decided to buy an Oyster card to hop on and off the buses, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. So much better than trying to find a place to park the car in a strange area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Surrey UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2009

I was needing to stay at a hotel on a Saturday, I was staying at a hype park on the Friday and decided to stay in London for the whole weekend instead. So on the Thursday night I was trying to look for a hotel which was cheap and fairly close to travel into the main parts of London. I found this hotel on a website and paid £65 for a twin room! That is an absolute bargin.

The hotel is located in Greenford, the nearest tube station is Greenford on the central line, zone 4. The hotel is about a 3 - 4 minute walk from the tube station. It is about 15 minutes fromo shephards bush (westfield shopping centre) and is 27 minutes away on the central line to oxford circus.

I was very suprises when I realised that within that £65 for the twin room we got breakfast included! This could also be had in your room but only continental. You could choose from cereal, fry up, croissants, fruit etc and have more than one thing. We got some toast as well with little jam and honey pots.

Check in is at 2pm, we arrived at 12pm though and they gave us our room straight away! check out is at 11pm and we were able to leave our bags with them at reception whilst we went shopping.

We had lunch when we arrived - a steak sandwich & sausage sandwich was very nice. There is a bar and a restaurant within the hotel. We didn't eat in the restaurant - instead we ordered room service! (it was an extra £3 for the food to our room but it was worth it being able to watch X factor ;-) ) We both had a DELICIOUS beef buger with chips, came to around £10 each.

Pros & Cons
+spacious
+ tea & coffee AND hot chocolate!!! in room with packs of biscuits (see pictures)
+ beds were the SO comfy and had an amazing nights sleep
+ heard no noise from outside
+ big tv with freeview
+ a lot of light, two types of lamps at the desk so you could easily do make up
+ air con & could self adjust temperature of room (manual in room)
+ had an iron and ironing board
+ loads of storage space

- coke was expensive at bar (over £2)
- bathroom wasn't the best i've seen but shower was hot and powerful!
- a couple of minutes walk from tube station

The hotel was a dream and we couldn't have asked for anything more! would HIGHLY recommend staff were brilliant, rooms were lovely and food was delicious.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

I had to travel on business with a colleague at short notice and we needed somewhere close to Heathrow,yet accessible to West London area.Booked this hotel on the web and was pleasantly surprised on arrival.Clean spacious facilities-bedrooms in particular were without fault and spotlessly clean.Staff very friendly and efficient and the hotel boasts a spacious and secure off street car park.
For a three star establishment this hotel offers great value and the location is excellent as a base and for meetings.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

I have just returned from staying at this hotel as i was going to a party nearby & what a find it was. The staff were exceptionally helpful & friendly, nothing was to much trouble. I had booked in advance online & got a great rate in a lovely inviting room which also included a nice cooked breakfast the following morning. We had a few drinks & something to eat in the bar & the food we all received was delicious. if ever I am in the area again, i know where i will be booking.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenford
Premier Inn London Greenford Hotel
The Fox & Goose Hotel
The Fox & Goose Hotel
#186 of 1,089 in London
#603 of 1,089 in London
Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Novotel London Wembley
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!