“Great food”

Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Greenford
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a leading Nepalese & Indian Restaurant in Greenford, London serving delicious cuisines. Our aim is to provide our guests the best value for their money by serving excellent Indian & Nepalese Cuisines with an excellent customer service. We strive to improve day by day to make our guest's experience from better to the best.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have eaten here a number of times in the past 6-8 months and really love the place. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the food is always excellent. There are a great selection of dishes on the menu, with some Nepalese alongside more typical Indian dishes. Its a great place to meet up with friends or have a nice family supper.

310dineshs, Manager at Gurkha's Spiceworld, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi Bernadette,

Happy New Year 2014 and I hope you had a great celebration.

Gurkha's Spiceworld Team would like to Thank You for your great and fantastic review. We are really pleased to hear about our team and food.

Hope to see you soon.

Many Thanks.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I visited this fantastic Restaurant three weeks ago was excellent food friendly staff reasonable price specially chicken chatnad was the best curry i have ever had.

I recommend every one to visit this place once it worth really

1  Thank Dinesh s

Hi Dinesh,

Happy New Year 2014. I hope you enjoyed Christmas and New Year Celebration.

We would like to Thank You for your great review about us.

We would love to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This local restaurant gives u a much better fare than other restaurant . i am so happy to had a such a good food in this town or elsewhere. The taste of a food was very good still in my tongue i can feel the taste of the food, The staff are nice,friendly and helpful, not overkill now service is getting more good than before A++ service as well quality of the food.they maintain a good steady contact.Decor is sympathetic to the cuisine.I can recommend the "GURKHA BEER" I THINK PRIDE OF HIMALAYA. at the starter we had some momo, garlic mushroom,chicken lollipops, onion bhaji it was great.but the main course it takes a bit more time than we expected but it was really good i like jhinga delight.. over all it really does the food justic with very courteous service

1  Thank john_milton64

Hi John,

Happy New Year 2014. I hope you had great Christmas and New Year Celebration.

Our whole Team would like to Thank You so much for your great review.

We strive to improve day by day and your review certainly helps us to do so. We are really sad to hear that the main course took longer than you expected, we are sorry about that.

On your next visit we will ensure that everything is as per your expectations.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'm no expert on Indian and Nepalese food, but this local restaurant gives you a much better fare than anything on Brick Lane or elsewhere.

I pop in there with friends from time to time, and the main dishes are always very tasty and reasonably priced. Apart from poppadoms I only had their king prawn starter, which is way too pricey for what it is so I recommend sticking to your curries. And avoid the house white at all cost - we normally take their chenin blanc as a sharpener, and it's pleasant enough.

The staff are nice and helpful, not overkill, but maintain a good steady contact.

And a side note: once we popped in for a quick dinner on a cold, rainy night, and groaned - there was a large party of Nepalese men, women and kids (!), plenty of food and alcohol on the tables. Naturally, we expected a lot of noise, hussle, and screaming brats - and were instead witnessing the most cultured, quiet and well-behaved party possible. I don't know if it's common for all Nepalese people or only that particular family - but instead of focusing on our drink we spent the whole dinner just gaping at them in admiration!

Hi Annette,

Happy New Year 2014.

I hope you had great Christmas and New Year Celebration. I would like to apologize for such a late reply.

Our whole Team would like to Thank You for your great review. It makes us really proud to hear and see about our performance. We strive to improve every time at what we do and your review definitely helps us to do so.

We will look into the price very soon so that we could make your experience "the best" on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

First surprise was to learn that this superb eatery has not been reviewed here! Went with members of my family (6 in all) and came away with nothing but praise for both the service & quality of the fare offered - truly a taste of Nepal. Décor is sympathetic to the cuisine, with a really interesting poster on a famous Gurkha who won the Victoria Cross during WW2, seats were very comfy, and the service first-class, choice from the extensive menu covered the regions of both South-East & South West Asia, and I can certainly recommend the "Gurkha Beer" - it really does the food justice - overall, if you fancy an authentic Asian experience, with very courteous service, and portion sizes on the generous size, do your taste buds a favour and book a table to savour the flavour of Nepal........!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

We would like to Thank You so much for your fantastic review about our food and service.

We want to improve every time at what we do and your review will definitely help us to keep on continuing and make the service and food much better.