“family run, but middle of the road ! not going back. may try a takeaway”

Rickshaw Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 346 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
london uk
“family run, but middle of the road ! not going back. may try a takeaway”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We opted for the eat as much as you like,, (but can't have pudding if you have a main,) we only had the started and duck, but were charged £50, would have been much cheaper just ordering straight from the menu , the food was good, but not worth the price. we had have a long island iced tea, sadly in small glasses, with lots of ice and not a lot of cocktail, worth a try, but I'm not going back to eat, might try a takeaway.

• Visited April 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
“Forget the Décor !”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We went for lunch at this restaurant on Sunday after seeing some decent reviews on the net including Trip Advisor. It was around 12.30 and there was nobody in the restaurant apart from someone waiting for a takeaway. I was slightly concerned but it was still quite early and the weather was not so clement and we were here anyway. Although they have food a la carte most people seem to opt for the fixed price buffet at £ 15.95 per person and you can eat as much as you want, on Saturday they charge a pound extra. They also charge 10% for the service. We ordered several starters like squids, pork, chicken satay, asparagus and as mains we had some Gung Po chicken which had a sauce that was very similar to sweet and sour, prawns, char siu pork which was probably my least favourite with some quite good Singapore noodles. The food was delicious. The décor might not be to many people’s taste but who cares about the décor when the food is quite succulent and palatable and is freshly prepared and brought to your table, rather than buffet style. To my surprise we were greeted by what looked like the owner who cracked a joke and it was very chatty. Now, no offence to anyone but how many times do you see such a lively display of cheerfulness from a Chinese person? For such a very decent price we will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Francesco C
“Christmas get together”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

My wife, children and I have been here several times before and have never been dissapointed. This visit was no exception, I invited my extended family for a early Christmas meal out as we were not going to be around to see them this Chrismas. There was 14 plus a baby, we pre booked so the table was prepared for us. The food was up to its usual good standards, my mum had a thoroughly enjoyable evening as did the nieces, nephews, sons and daughters. The whole meal including drinks bill came to less than £300....... Bargain.

We will be visiting again.

Edinburgh,UK
“Consistent buffet items from a menu”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My friends and I visit Rickshaws 1 to 2 times a year, but over at least the last 15 years. The fact we keep going speaks volumes. The food is of a constant high standard with a good variety of dishes. I love the fact you order from a menu, the food is always fresh and best of all you get breathing spaces between courses. The waiting staff are friendly and responsive with no request undone. If you like good Chinese buffet food and are nearby, I have no hesitation in recommending,

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TGG84
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Chinese Meal”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times with friends and it has become one of our restaurants to frequent, every time I have been there the service has been excellent,the staff, Jenny manageress and Sam head waiter are friendly and always give you a warm welcome, the food made freshly.
There is an al a cart menu to choose from or The Eat as much as you want buffet, which is excellent, tasty and can be filling, nine starters! you can repeat on starters if you want or carry on or to the main Crispy Peking duck or the Mongolian Lamb,at times there is no room for dessert but you still feel you are not satisfied and you have room delight in their desserts.
I have always had an excellent meal and enjoyed each flavour of the dishes.Good ambiance I recommend this resturant to anyone who loves and enjoys a good Chinese meal as I do.

• Visited August 2013