“the place to stay if your going to wembly stadium”
Review of Crescent Hotel

Crescent Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Harrow
Reviewed 13 July 2011

stayed here one night for the `take that `concert.the staff were excellent,emailing and ringing ,just to check if i was happy with a shared room for 3 or wanted singles.they gave lots of advice about travelling to wembly, which i should have took because getting out and to the station coming back was a pain.they recommended a taxi and i urge anyone else to do that. there were lots of others guests there also going to the concert which made it nice .the rooms are spacious and clean,lovely gardens and breakfast and excellent location.the only improvement we could think of was a blind on the ceiling window as it was quite bright in the morning.i would definately stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank michKent

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Hotel is in need of an update very 60's. Steep staircase to rooms. Room small but fine had ensuite . Don't bother with the breakfast. Friendly enough staff. A few good places to eat in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I had booked this hotel at VERY short notice after being double-booked elsewhere. After facing tube disruption and taking about an hour & a half from Victoria (usually 45mins to an hour max), the heavens opened and I was looking half-drowned by the time I arrived.
I was greeted by the front-of-house manager (Sal) who I had booked the room the previous night with by phone.
I was shown to my single en-suite room. It was certainly compact, but not an inch was wasted, and I found it to be perfectly adequate for my solo traveller needs.
Breakfast was an enjoyable experience in a dining room with patio doors leading out to the spacious & idyllic back gardens. The kitchen staff were pleasant and helpful, especially one who I later found out was named Alina.
The maid was also efficient, timely & quick - sadly, I did not learn her name to mention her in this review.
The hotel is situated in a leafy suburb in NW Greater London. It is quiet, unassuming, but friendly, courteous & above all has a pleasant atmosphere all round. I was there for a winding-down weekend, to chill out, de-stress and relax. The fact that the hotel was quiet & I never felt harangued or harrassed by staff at any stage meant I could lie down and read a book in the privacy of the room without any problems.
During my 3 night stay, I was asked how things were & if I needed anything, but not in an intrusive or harrassing way. All very pleasant.
On my last night, I got a drink from the reasonably-priced bar, and had a good chat with Sal who proved an engaging & gracious host!

Downsides would be lack of liquid soap in the en-suite (luckily, I had brought shower gel), and the fact that due to having to change hotels at such late notice, accommodation cost me more than originally planned - but as this was not the fault of the Crescent Hotel, I cannot hold them responsible for that... more the fault of the hotel who double-booked me and only told me the day before I was due to check-in! Small grievances though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank Mark_of_Hamilton
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayed in the hotel as a cheap overnight stay before going to Wembley for the Johnstons Paint Final. We arrived in the evening and were greeted by a really friendly receptionist who couldn't do enough for us. She even laughed at my friends poor jokes. We were on two of the top floor rooms which involve two stair cases to climb up. I found, (for London) the rooms to be spacious enough, with a brand new TV fixed to the celing. The bathrooms were a bit cosy, but for £70 we didn't expect luxury!!!! The towels and bedding were freshly laundered and the room was very clean. The receptionist recommended a couple of pubs and restaurant and we made the short walk through Harrow. The town centre is like any small town with the generic chain pubs and restaurants.
On arrival back after our night out we sat in the hotel bar (which is like a big sitting room - lovely after an evening in a chain pub) and chatted to the friendly night receptionist.
Its not luxury - but for £70 its a bargaiin.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank campsitechick
Reviewed 21 December 2009

My husband and I recently visited this hotel. We were offered the choice of two rooms. The top floor room was our choice. It overlooked a beautiful garden. The room was very spacious and clean.The hotel is situated in a quiet strret close to all aminities for central London.It looked like the hotel had recently been decorated and spruced up Friendly staff excellent quality for the cost .We would deffinately stay here again and wholeheartedly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We booked online thru booking.com and was able to get a nice discount 50pounds per night with breakfast included.

The room was clean although a bit small for the 2 of us. There's even a personal ref, which is useless for us. And to think we unplugged it because it's noisy. The TV was hang on the ceiling as we felt we have stiffed neck already. The toilet was a bit small, we couldnt move whenever we take our shower. Plus, we had our late checked in, and starving until we asked for delivery. The receptioned gave us brochure for indian food and have it delivered. All food are spicy. not just spicy but very damn spicy. we could even eat them. Then, we first stayed in one of the hotels in Oxford w/c is very near the city center of London. But when we transfered here, we pay 7pounds for the underground. Which seems like 15pounds added to our hotel bill is the same w/ the hotel in the city.

BUT they cleaned our room everyday and change towels everyday. We have full english breakfast for 3 days. Nice service PLUS the high speed free wifi. although when youre in your room, you have to change network. when youre in the resto downstairs, you have to switch to another network. duh!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2009

We stayed here for four days with our grown children and rented three rooms. Upon arrival, we found that they had messed up our reservation and tried to send us to another hotel, under the same ownership. When we threatened to leave, accommodations magically appeared. The hotel is clean, but not immaculate. The bathrooms are ridiculously small. The rooms are basic albeit somewhat scruffy. The breakfasts were adequate and the staff was generally friendly. A walk through a rather “down at the heels” neighborhood and a shopping centre to get to and from the train station is required to get to the hotel. The whole process takes about 45 minutes. If, like us your primary objective is cost, and you don’t really care about the luxuries, this is an adequate choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
The Green Man Hotel
The Green Man Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wembley
London-Wembley International Hotel

Been to Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!