“Oh dear!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
Weybridge, England, United Kingdom
“Oh dear!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I booked here last minute as my daughter was sick in a nearby hospital. On arrival I waited for ages outside as there was no bell, only four unlabelled but very dirty button. So I pressed all four with my key so not to have to touch them. When I finally got inside the woman at reception refused to take a telephone payment for the room from my husband so I wasn't allowed to take my room. Appaling treatment in a difficult situation. Needless to say I would never go back. Grubby, tatty and unhelpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Janet L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I have booked here just because we went to a wedding with friends, and my friends saw the hotel on the website lateroom.com. They have been so lucky to get the room in the web site picture, whatever is written on that website is not completely true, probably the best thing is the garden but we did not go there! Bathroom clean, but the room cleanliness average, smelly bed linen with stain, I had the impression someone has slept there before me and there were unchanged. The room is a box room, I have slept against the wall, I had to ask to turn on the eaters that subsequently have been switch off again; freezing in here.
Did not like the way we check in, there are not even bother to fill in your details, and you need to pay before because than after you pay is like you agree with their terms and condition. I had to unplug the fridge cause it was to noisy; the complimentary water was like ice lolly still frozen even though has been out all night. Would come here again? No, not even if it was free, would I book again with lateroom.com, no because is misleading.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Harrow hotels

Sosnowiec, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I had to stay there for a very long time and I've been there in 5 different rooms. First impression - strange smell, rooms clean, bathrooms clean but some of them needs to be refresh. Double rooms are quite tiny and you can't move easily. Every room has got a small fridge so that is a plus for the hotel. Big minus: in one of the room are bug beds, bites were really serious and the problem is that the owner did nothing about that. I had to stay twice in this room and have been bitten twice!! Owner is really irritating!
Good for couple nights (3-4)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BasiaLipinska
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Cheaper alternative while visiting London.
Quick 5 minute walk to station and shopping centre and nice pub with cheap meals.
Train takes 30 minutes to Kings Cross station. & bus depot with direct route to Heathrow.
Quiet street with car parking available at the front of building.
Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 250, top floor, which was at the rear. Bright and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Hotel is fair for the price - a little dated and in need of repair but overall clean and some nice touches such as the water in the fridge. The receiptionist was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful, she even apologised for the size of the room but couldn't move us as they were fully booked. The room was very quiet considering the hotel was full and the bed, although a bit cramped in teh room, was comfortable.

The only real downside was the taxi that was booked to take us about 2 miles up the road... the guy charged us £8 for a trip that cost us £4 to come back with another firm (and that was after midnight!)... PLUS I left my sunglasses in his cab! All in all an expensive trip to a 'budget' hotel. The excuse mumlbed was about having to pay for coming from the office..... you NEVER have to pay for a taxi to get to you!

My advice therefore is if you stay here and need a taxi - either find one yourself or make sure that they quote a price up front.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back at the end of a corridor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Walsall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My colleague and I stayed in the Cresent hotel in Harrow as we were in London for a two day course. The course was near Regent's Park and the hotels in the area (which were available) were very expensive and had poor reviews. My colleague suggested we stay out of the city to get a better deal and after checking the reviews online booked us into the Cresent Hotel for one night at £40 excluding breakfast.

The hotel is essentially 3 houses joined together to create a "hotel" and it looks like three houses together and not a hotel. There is no hotel lobby as such. There is free parking for a few cars at the front which is useful. However, to gain access to the hotel you have to ring a bell or know the code to the front door. A man, who I presume is the owner or the manager, let us into the hotel and looked completely fed up. He directed us to the bar/lounge area and told us a girl would come and check us in. We waited for a few minutes and after no-one showed up we pressed the old-fashioned bell on the desk. The gentleman was sitting behind us, mumbled that he he told us the girl to check us in would come shortly and proceeded around the back of the bar to check us in. We were charged the full rate of the room in advance. I have not seen this before. He gave us a slip of paper to fill in our details and just totally didn't seem bothered.

A girl then came to take us to our rooms and we mentioned he must have been having a bad day. She said, he's always like this. That was reassuring. But her attitude was great. Smiling and very friendly. We were shown two rooms which were supposed to be identical. Mine faced onto a roof and my colleagues faced out onto the road. The rooms were both very dated and tired. The place really needs some refurbishment. I had a single bed in my room and a chair was just needed to be thrown in a skip. Both our rooms had a very old and small fridge which contained a complimentary bottle of water. I also had a tiny 14 inch flat screen television in the room. It was obviously installed recently but I would have thought the money would have been better spent replacing the chair and carpet. I had a clock radio next to my bed on which the radio didn't really work. The rooms were ensuite and the bathroom although small was actually quite modern. That was its saving grace.

I have attached some photos of my room and bathroom so you can see for yourself. Overall I was disappointed and I wouldn't stay again. The place needs to be modernised and the owner needs to learn about customer service, smiling and making guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are the same size. Ask to see the room before accepting it. My colleagues room which f...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night, got a room for £40. The lady on reception checked me in quickly and efficiently and asked if I needed anything else. Room was small but clean, not spotless, but for £40 it was good value for money. The bathroom was small, but had a nice shower, enough for 1 night. Safe parking and free Wifi is an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
Hindes Hotel
Hindes Hotel
#4 of 8 in Harrow
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Novotel London Wembley

Been to Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!