“One of the best Indian dining in Harrow area”

The Vintage Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 353 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best Indian dining in Harrow area”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have been living in Harrow since 2 years now and had crossed 'The Vintage' innumerable times till date but some how never got tempted enough to try it :-) We finally visited the place yesterday to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends visiting from India.

Simple yet elegant decor, comfortable seats, soft oldies in the background raised our expectations from the food & when the food arrived it certainly met our high expectations!
We ordered only vegetarian food and everything was really good. For starters, we had Paneer Shashlik (stupendous) & Veg Samosa (could have been better if they had fried it for few more seconds). For Mains we had Dal makhani, Veg Kofta and Panner Tikka Masala (all very good), the breads especially the chilly garlic nan was excellent.

The dishes are moderately priced - certainly not as high as '100 degrees'(which was our only good dining option in harrow till y'day) and the food is as good as theirs.

One thing is for sure, we will visit this place soon again, looking forward to trying the non-veg menu next time!

• Visited August 2014

Stockport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent authentic Indian food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Everything was so. 'Light' and fresh! The lamb samosas were really light and crispy - as was the king prawn puri, rice and naan bread. Main courses were delicious -we both had lamb based dishes which were very tender. Definitely recommend this restaurant

• Visited August 2014
West Drayton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food and the Best Service”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The food here is always excellent, and they have things on the menu I have not seen anywhere else, notably Betatatwada (a starter made with potato and spices). The service is excellent, very friendly. This has been a favourite for over 25 years, and still going strong!!

• Visited June 2014
Stanley, Falkland Islands
“The best Indian food ever tasted!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

As the title says, this is the best Indian food tasted by me and my son. It is a bit pricey though and the staff are a bit hit and miss but the food makes it worth it! They also include a 10% service charge and this is something that annoys me about any restaurant. If you want to leave a tip then you should have the option.

• Visited July 2014
Saarbrucken, Germany
“Indian cuisine at its best”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Whenever I have the chance to stay in London I always pay a visit to the vintage. I am very much interested in Indian food and I´d dare to say that I am pretty experienced, but the vintage really is Indian food at its best. Last week I stayed there with parts of my family and friends and all of them had been very impressed by the quality of the food, the variations which are being offered and the kindness of the staff and the "she-owner" of the vintage.

We all are already looking forward to the next time - hope it won´t be too long...........

• Visited June 2014