“A good restaurant to discover”
Review of Golden India - CLOSED

Golden India
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The restaurant has a capacity for about 60 people. The time we visited was Saturday evening when you can expect it to be busy, but it was not. I think it is more to do with fact that it is not famous yet and relatively new.

There is a lot more options in the food menu. We wanted some authentic taste to food and we were very satisfied.

The customer service is satisfactory. The owner and his family take orders and serve. They take opportunity to speak to you more then just food. Basically the idea is to build rapport
with customer which is understandable.

Payment:- There are no issues with paying with credit card or debit card. You can pay by card provided the bill amount is more then £10.

Parking: - The adjacent street have permit parking restriction up to 18:30 for Monday to Saturday. Outside this hours one can park for free. Sunday, I think you can park for free whole day. In any case you can call to restaurant and ask for advice.

Overall, I can say that the restaurant is promising. With the food price and options on offer it is worth a visit to check out.

There are newer reviews for Golden India

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I wasn't sure what this local restaurant would be like, especially with such a broad menu but I had a very enjoyable meal at the Golden India with my family last week.

They do lots of the chaat style starters which I like, including aloo papdi chaat, which were very good. We had a few of those for a starter and then had the south Indian speciality, masala dosars for our main course which were excellent. The staff were extremely pleasant and gave my young niece some chips with ketchup on the house which was very kind.

The cost for the meal was inexpensive considering the quality and they accepted a credit card as payment, no problem. I'd recommend this restaurant as a good value local with authentic freshly cooked food and a relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank TaraTamarisk S
Reviewed 18 March 2013

thats my fouth time to this place call golden india,what can i say ,a truly indian freshness touch.food is just mind blowing.starters is just a perfection and the main course make feel like am eating at home.just wanted to say thanks to the general manager (KAMLESH) for his kindness and his collegues who make us feel like a vvvip to their restaurant

1  Thank Shiva21
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Been here a couple of times. The menu offers a lot of choice eg North Indian, Gujarati and South Indian. Food is not oily, prices are very reasonable. The owner comes round to check everything is ok. Quite a decent size restaurant.

The masala chips, aloo mutter, nan and puran puri are really nice.

Does not take credit card for some reason though, cash only.

3  Thank wuju187