“Fabulous”

Serrata
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have eaten on a number of occasions in this restaurant. And each time it has been great. Friendly welcoming staff...lovely food and a really good price.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went yesterday for lunch with wife and kid. Place was empty because it was so early. Had three starters and mains, including a couple of superb baked aubergine dishes and the best kofta I've had in a long time. Friendly service and great food - and I'm someone who's fussy about Mediterranean cuisine.

1  Thank Sharif S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Went as a family of 5. The falafel was the worst I have ever eaten, served with rice that even Uncle Ben would have been ashamed even. The moussaka was dry, rubbery and tasteless. Sea bass was acceptable, but rather bland. Service was decent but this restaurant is vastly overpriced, the only place of its kind in the local area, but you're better off choosing a different cuisine, as the area has numerous other's for a similar price at a much higher standard.

1  Thank adamlouisg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

6 of us went there last night to celebrate a birthday.
It was hot outside so all the windows etc were open to the pavement, which kept it cool.
The staff of two in front of house was attentive and the food delivery unhurried, which suited our evening perfectly.
I have no idea what the costs were as I did not pay, but it looked from the menu as very acceptable for its position, standard and Hatch End in particular.
If I had any criticism of the starters it would be that they were too large - almost a meal in themselves and I saw a very large cold mezze indeed being consumed next to me and my fried liver salad was generous.
I and others had three delicious and large lamb cutlets for mains - no one complained and all complimented their own main courses.
The only problem came with the dessert which was poor. The baklava was chewy, dry and, in my opinion, not right to be served. I would have chucked it away AND changed my supplier.
The wine list is small and needs some work, the Montepulcianno D'Abbruzzo being thin and slightly watery. This wine should be bold, full of tannin and memorable, not thin.
Having said the above, it was a no-incident nice evening, enjoyed by all.
Thank you, we will be back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went for dinner to Serrata last Friday night with my girlfriend for my birthday dinner. We received a very warm welcome, and ordered a bottle of house wine which was rather nice. The service was quick - friendly waitresses, food was delicious - one of the best baklavas I've ever had! Very good choice on the menu - meat, fish, turkish meze, duck..whatever takes your fancy. The restaurant is run by 2 owners guaranteeing you are always looked after. The decor is simple but fresh and the restaurant is noce and light and airy. We had a lovely evening - thank you! Lenka

1  Thank Lenka R