“This hotel must come with a WARNING” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Euro Hotel Harrow

and 1 more site!
Euro Hotel Harrow
Ranked #10 of 14 Harrow B&B and Inns
“This hotel must come with a WARNING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is an absolute disgrace. The staff are nothing more than liars and cheats. Having rang to check the booking everything seemed ok. My wife and daughter turned up at the hotel to be told that there was a water problem and they could not stay there. This was the first lie as we know people had just booked in. They said my wife could have an equivalent room at the same price. This became the second lie as they ended up at another hotel in a single room at a costlier price. They then had the cheek to tell the company we booked with that we did not arrive and they have tried to recover the cancellation fee - my advice STAY AWAY FROM HERE. I will be reporting them to trading standards immediately

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Paul W
Khalid M, Owner at Euro Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I am sorry the experience that you have had, please as to when it is okay for you please call me on 02084271481 to discuss further about this.

We are open to advice on how to improve please call me about this asap.

Please accept our apologies and can you contact us on this number so that, I can understand as to what happened of whilst you stayed with us.

I await your reply

Kind Regards.

Mr K. Mahmood

Hotel Owner.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cardiff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I was working in nearby Watford last minuet with two colleagues and we needed accommodation nearby. This was the only hotel that we could find with three rooms last minuet. The cost was £55 per room with shared bathroom. I actually drove past the hotel as it looked nothing like the pictures on the web page, which is very deceiving. Here is the link http://www.eurohotelharrow.co.uk I will post some pictures of the actual hotel so you can see the difference. The rooms were smelly and damp, bedding seemed to be clean but I did find grey hairs on my cushion on the bed. The carpet was stained and didn't look like it had been hoovered. The shower room had grubby bath mats on the floor. However the cubical did look clean but the whole bathroom was just worn and grubby. The entire hotel (if that's what you want to call it) is run down and needs doing up. The bed in my room, room 2 had laminate flooring screwed to the base as the base had obviously broken. The rooms all had those auto air fresheners in to try and cover the damp smell. I have read through the reviews and see that the hotel is claiming new management hence the problems. The fact is, this hotel is not a hotel but a grubby B&B in desperate need of a makeover. On a positive note, and there is only 2. The man on the desk, assuming he was the manager was pleasant and the location is near to north harrow station. I hope the manager takes the points of this review on board and perhaps changes the website So people know where they are actually staying.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank vc4683
Khalid M, Manager at Euro Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I am sorry the experience that you have had of whilst staying at Euro Hotel Harrow.

Please can you call me on 02084276892 to discuss further about this.

From

Mr K Mahmood / Aftab Ali Hotel Manager.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Absolutely disgusting place! Woke up with bed bugs crawling over us! Was bitten several times over just one nights stay, we were due to stay another 2 nights but decided to get out while we still could! I would rather sleep on the streets than spend another night again in this hell hole! If you have any ounce of dignity you would avoid this cess pit at all costs!! We laugh about it now though! It's a bugs life lol

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Oliverontour
Khalid M, Owner at Euro Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, 3 April 2014

Please can you call me on 02084271481 to discuss further about this.

From

Mr K Mahmood

Frederick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

After reading other's awful reviews of the terrible conditions endured here, I had to double check the address of this place and make sure that it was the right property. I booked here from Booking.com because it was close to the metro (underground) from the airport and got pretty good customer reviews and a good rate. London and some of its surroundings are ridiculously expensive and portions and rooms are small so we have to seek the bottom line or close to it for everything. Anyway, the experience that I had here was not bad at all. The room was small but it was listed as a "small double" so I knew that. There was a kettle in the room with coffee and hot chocolate so that was nice. Not every European room has a kettle in it and the tap water doesn't get hot enough to make instant drinks. Also, the bath was so small that you could hardly turn around in it, but the floor seemed like it was heated so that was nice in the middle of the night. I noticed that none of the European hotels that we stayed in, and there were several, provided washcloths. I don't know why but there were plenty of bath and hand towels. Also, they seem to favor bottles of all purpose shampoo/body wash that are attached to the walls instead of individual soaps which is convenient if you don't bring your own soaps. I didn't care for the way the all purpose product left my hair but that's just me. As far as the bedding, ours was fine, in fact had fluffy duvets and decent sheets. The staff was very nice to me and I had many questions during our two nights there. The manager himself, when I introduced myself as the stupid American who had all the questions like how to turn on the faucets (every bathroom is different), went out of his way to make us comfortable. The restaurant/lounge there served a really good spaghetti bolognese with green salad that we had both nights for dinner, and hubby tried some of the local draft beer. The only thing that I can think of to say negatively is that the corridors in the hotel are narrow and there is no elevator which makes it difficult if you have bulky luggage. Also, someone was slamming the doors late into our first night and that echoed all over. The entire staff was lovely to us and I really can't think of anything that bad about it.

Room Tip: If you have luggage or trouble walking, select the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Khalid M, Manager at Euro Hotel Harrow, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for staying at Euro Hotel Harrow.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

After ringing to double check the booking before our 6 hour journey, we arrived to none of the three rooms we booked being available. We ended up with a room to share and they still tried to charge us full price. Shower was so filthy we thought it was better to not shower. Damp on ceiling, plug sockets hanging out of the walls. However the worst thing was waking up the next day to find bugs crawling in our beds! Having alerted the owner, we were met with the most vile, rude attitude I have ever know from someone who works in the hospitality industry! We were even asked if we would "hurry up and leave". By far the worst accommodation I have ever been unfortunate enough to endure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Nicola19842014
Due to changes having been done in the manager's position.

I would like to personally apologize about your bad experiences with Euro Hotel Harrow.

I can promise that we will put our effort to the highest standard to make you feel at home again.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Do not book this hotel. The pictures on their website is not the hotel in any way share or form. Disgusting. Owner rude. We didn't end up staying in the hotel we chose to drive back home to Plymouth at 11.30pm rather than stay in this hell hole. 1st thing tomorrow morning I'll be phoning trading standards and environmental health. DO NOT BOOK THIS DIVE.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Vikkitheargylefan

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I booked accommodation here for a New Year's Eve function I was attending. I contacted the hotel direct today to check everything is in order to be spoken to be someone with no phone etiquette, even had to ask if this was the hotel I had rang! Informed that he would have to check the booking and ring me back. I received a message from another younger man to say that there was burst pipes at the hotel and therefore my booking was cancelled and that I would be receiving an email to confirm and to contact them and to speak to a specific person who was dealing with the cancelations. I still had not received an email so I contacted them on the number given only to be speaking with the 1st man again who told me that it wasn't his fault someone had overbooked! When challenged he told me to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and jump off!! Sadly has now ruined my New Year's Eve plans.

Never would I even contemplate this experience again and would advise others to avoid at all costs!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Taz690

From The Management Of Euro Hotel Harrow.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
#5 of 8 in Harrow
The Barn Hotel
The Barn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ruislip

Been to Euro Hotel Harrow? Share your experiences!