“Not a good nights sleep”

Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
Swansea County, United Kingdom
“Not a good nights sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The cleanliness of bedroom & bathroom was very good, the bed was too hard for me so I had a restless night & was tired when I had to leave to pick people up from heathrow & drive 4 hours home, Lenny Henry our being paid a lot of money to tell lies, it was not a good nights sleep. Get memory foam mattresses in all your premier inn's !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stopped using Premier Inn's some time ago, and now I remember why. They can no longer be classed as a budget hotel with some of the prices they charge - but they are definitely a lower class of hotel with the lack of amenities.
The bed were uncomfortable resulting in sleepless nights. The bathroom is tiny. No plug sockets available, especially beside the bed. No respect from other guests with kids allowed to run up and down the corridors screaming, when a 'do not disturb' sign is on the door. The Beefeater next door is mediocre.....£9 for breakfast is extortionate, (Sainburys across the road has a better cafe for only a few quid!). On the last 2 nights the Beefeater had no gas!!! So unable to cook the majority of the main meals.
Was travelling with a disabled person, & the rooms were in a annex building away from reception, making it almost impossible for the disabled guest to speak to reception for extra supplies of tea etc. The doors to the building are difficult to open by a wheelchair user and need to be automatic.

Stayed August 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you are travelling to London but dont want to pay high hotel prices then this hotel is for you, its not in central London, but Kenton railway station, a two minuite walk away will get into the centre in around 25 mins approx. The pub next door has reasonble drink prices, I paid £3 19 a pint, i thought this was good for London, my local charges £3 30!!!! The hotel and pub had free wi fi. The room was clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast is all you can eat and have a wide choice. I booked early and only paid £58 for two nights. Well worh it!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy123321
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My first trip to this hotel was because I refused to return to the Cumberland Hotel, after a very bad experience there. I wont even review it. So my next choice was here.

Its convenient for public transport, the tube into London, restaurants and bars nearby, and close to Wembley. Its attached to a pub and restaurant chain, so food is reasonable as are drinks.

I have consistently received very good and professional service. Any small problems were sorted immediately (e.g. one time my room was smack in the middle of a teenage travelling group, who were happy, excited, boisterous to say the least....but this was not the hotels fault. I contacted reception at midnight, who politely asked the teens to quieten down, after fifteen mins, they still hadnt....so the hotel promptly moved me to another room room on another floor...and helped me bring everything with me). I didnt even have to ask to be moved. So I appreciated that very much. To be honest, I hadnt mentioned it before midnight, as teens on holiday/ school trip will be teens... :)

I asked for extra towels upon check in, for my long hair and received them to my room promptly.

A tip....If you buy the dinner and breakfast deal you will save money, this was offered to me, but I declined, and then later spent more money separately, so I should have taken them up on their offer! My fault not theirs. Breakfast was lovely, as was the dinner. Reasonably priced.

The free internet, on some nights, was intermittant, and after trying to reboot their server several times, this was solved by giving me access to the paid service, and because They were unable to resolve the issue promptly they gave this to me - unexpectedly free of charge. Again, I was grateful for their help and plesantly surprised.

Due to their care and attention with their guests, I have since stayed in the hotel several times, four or five times, with durations of one night to four nights at a time, and every time they have been helpful, polite, friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We had room 315 which was along way from reception and the air con was extremely noisy and leaked. My fiancée, my daughter and I had very little sleep and the inclusive breakfast was horrible, cold bacon, rubbery eggs and we had to ask for them to replenish the items on the hot buffet. The coffee earns are also brought out in one go at 6:30 and left to get cold as we found when coming down at 8:30 for breakfast.

It seemed the staff in the beefeater where short staffed and didn't. Have any passion for customer service

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your review details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked for a family trip to London. Very obliging staff, ensured we had ground floor room due to my son breaking his leg 3 weeks before the trip. All staff friendly and helpfull, breakfast all you can eat buffet, lovely one of the best we've had.
Train station across the road 30 mins straight into Piccadilly
Would definately recommend staying here, I hope to again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Antibes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was here with a group and the check in was very efficient and they made everything in their power to give us our rooms even though we arrived long before check in time. The rooms are VERY clean and comfortable. It takes approx 40 mins to make it into central London from here, conveniently located near the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
Crescent Hotel
Crescent Hotel
#5 of 8 in Harrow
Novotel London Wembley

Been to Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel? Share your experiences!