“Good value for money”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
bewdley, worcestershire
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here to catch the Olympic Games, and while the place is no palace, it was clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was fine. There is a large car park at the back of the hotel and the area is a nice safe part of London, about 25 minutes to Central London via the tube.
The hotel was quite quiet, I only saw 3 other guests so I can't comment on what it would be like if it was busy, but my room (number 34) was absolutely fine and I'd have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: 34 was fine, its on the top ploor at the side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed there for the recent England game at wembley found it to be cheap and cheerful good value for money certainly use the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank chriswilk
Manchester
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Booked to stay here for the F.A.Cup semi-final about two weeks before the event. After a long drive of some 3 1/2 hours we arrived tired and hungry at reception at around 9.45 p.m. only to be told by the rather abrupt manager that our triple room had been given to somebody else and their reasons given was that the credit card details left when we made the booking, had not gone through on the day of arrival and they claim that they had made several attempts to call us on the number given but got no answer. Well we had used the card with no problem earlier that day and had no missed calls logged on the phone even though they had the correct number because we checked it with them. So we were left with the possibility of sleeping in the car for the night until the Travelodge in Cricklewood came to our rescue with the offer of two double rooms for only slightly more than it would have cost at the Hindes Hotel. Incidently while we were arguing our case with the reception guy and i think the manager there were at least two people complaining of no hot water for the shared facilities, and one man who had been waiting for over two hours to have his T.V. fixed which had only one snowy station and his comment was send Basil Faulty up when he's finished with us to which i replied never mind the T.V. at least you have somewhere to sleep, it was utter chaos and the staff allthough not rude were about as helpfull as a glass hammer, stay here at your peril you have been warned !!!

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your booking as i suspect these guys double booked our room !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank John B

Travellers are raving about these Harrow hotels

Tarporley
Reviewed 6 December 2011

For the price and what is available in London this is great value for money. Very friendly service and although the rooms are small (which is pretty common in London) they were great and well stocked with the standard items such as towels, coffee tea etc.

Breakfast was excellant value with special mention to Tont for his beautifully cooked bacon. Very large carparking space at the back

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I needed somewhere urgently to stay in Harrow after a mix up & after looking on Internet decided this hotel would suit my needs...free wifi, freeview tv and at only £45 per night seemed excellent...however after booking was told I was to be charged £55 per night but could have it at a discount of £49 per night...tried to say that online prices differed, but to no avail...then on to room (no 7) tv cable attached half way down by red tape...mattress hard and lumpy, stale stench trying to be covered up by wide open window (despite it being November - and trust me that was not fooling anyone). Shower/toilet hairs left in (yuck!!) and best of all - couldn't even make myself a cuppa! It was like curdled milk (powdered). I went out bought my own coffee and milk but same thing occurred. After returning to complain, I was told to then buy my own water!! I did do this as simply wanted a coffee, but no. It was the scale left on kettle that was the issue. I was told that I was the only person who had complained about this and therefore this was obviously my issue!!! Ha! And to top it off I couldn't do my work as wifi did not work. Period. Do NOT USE THIS HOTEL. I have NEVER stayed anywhere as awful as this before, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels...you have been warned!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Flyon78
Nagpur, India
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My introduction to the hotel was the result in an mix up… on my part (in short I ended up in the wrong hotel) But as I got that sorted, and I found the guys at the Hindes Hotel were more than helpful. I was offered a chance to look at a room first and I was not unhappy. Almost immediately, they offered me a slightly larger room at the rear of the hotel building. Look, the rooms are not massive, but I wasn’t here to dance and boogie in the room and certainly I could have swung a cat around if I so pleased and RSPCA permitting. Needless to say it was big enough for me, I was on my own and on a business assignment and I didn’t want to drive here each day from my base in Essex. Also with margins being cut to the bone, I needed a reasonably priced place to stay.

So the room… a slight musty smell, as other have mentioned in their reviews, but this was not off putting and considering I suffer from Asthma, I didn’t have any problems at all. Many have commented on the cleanliness of the hotel and made allegations of filth and poor maintenance standards… well I didn’t see any of this! The carpet was clean, the shower spotless and, though the furniture was a “mish mash” of different styles, it wasn’t falling to bits and was functional. The bed was just as comfortable as some of the beds I have slept in at some of the top class hotels and I had some good nights of sleep here ( I was booked in for 4 nights)

In agreement with a previous comment about the bed just being straight each day, that was the case with me too… but did I mind… Not at all…

The much maligned breakfast was actually good simple food, tasty and served by a most helpful woman who was almost “mothering” in her attention and willingness to please (but not overly intrusive). On the breakfast plate was a great tasting sausage, an egg and two rashers of really good, thickly sliced, bacon! After reading some of the previous ratings here, I was sort of thinking of skipping breakfast and taking it at the Ace Café (which is close to where I was on assignment). But the breakfast exceeded my expectations! The orange juice was the long life type, which is not my favourite, but surprise, surprise there was proper filter coffee on offer!!

On the less positive side, the TVs did not have the number of “freeview” channels mentioned on the website and the Wireless Internet was not always that fast and did “drop out” a few times. I would also like to tell the management here that they should try to fill the kettle in the bathroom sink…. Guys it is not possible!!! The kettle is too big and the sink too small…. But hey it’s not Armageddon! It was easy enough to fill the kettle using the supplied mug and hey presto!!

So to sum up, it is not the Ritz but then you are not paying Ritz prices either. The location is good for shopping or bars and restaurants in Harrow and the tube station is a short walk away… I am really at a loss to understand what all the poor ratings are about! In London you normally get what you pay for… I got just a little more than I paid for here…. So no real complaints from me!!

Would I stay here again…. On a business trip like this one, I certainly will be

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MGOMEZULU
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I never write reviews and have read them in the past with a pinch of salt as I usually find I'm not as picky as some contributors - but I HAVE NEVER been subjected to such dirt and grime and downright laziness.
The sign outside said "£40 and mid-week discounts but we were charged £60.
The smell of must and damp made it difficult to breath or sleep.
There were three single beds so they offered to push two together for my husband and myself. When they did, it left a marked out square of dirt where the bed had been. Obviously never hovered.
You would stick to the carpet in you socks! Years of grime.
The shower had a bare trickle of water from a fixed hose. There were hairs in the shower!
I had to go back to reception at 1am and get air freshener just to put up with the rank air.
Even the kettle was so dirty, you couldnt relish any tea made using it. We left without a breakfast, couldnt chance it.
We had booked another hotel but we had to cancel it because it had a steep flight of stairs and my husband is on crutches. As we were only in the country for the day for a medical appointment, we were not in a position to move again.
I really wouldn't ask a dog to stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
St George's Hotel - Wembley
The Barn Hotel
The Barn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ruislip

Been to Hindes Hotel? Share your experiences!