“Value for money, Family run, hotel. Would stay again.”
Review of Hindes Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hindes Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
Doha, Qatar
“Value for money, Family run, hotel. Would stay again.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a breath of fresh air. Small, family run hotel with exemplary customer service.

Due to a family emergency I needed a place to stay at short notice. In addition I had to drive 4 hours to Harrow, this hotel took my late booking and knowing I would not arrive until the early hours of the morning, the host waited up...until 2am for me to arrive. (Other hotels in the area said they shut their doors at 11 pm and they could not accommodate me).

The owners are so helpful, friendly. My room was basic, but had everything I needed. Full English breakfast and wifi included. Breakfast served promptly and with a smile.

How can people complain? This hotel is opposite Tescos, in a quiet location, and only a five minute walk in to town, and half the price of hotels in larger budget chains. Great result!!

Very impressed, would highly recommend. This hotel, cares, and serves, its guests...how many hotels still remember to do that?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Family of 4 stayed in the family room of Hindes Hotel for 20 nights !
With two young boys in tow, of course the room was really just for sleeping as we spent the days elsewhere.
Good Points:
WiFi 24/7 - Free
Large car park at rear - protected by video cameras - Free
Literally across the street from a large Tesco supermarket.
5 minutes walk from good eating/shopping areas.
10 minutes walk from a Tube station.
The manager - George is calm, helpful and always smiling.
Staff are very polite and respectful.
Met the hotel owner - He was a chatty nice fellow as well.

Other Points:
Hot water would occasionally disappear - needed to run the sink tap to get the shower water running (??)
Its a bed & breakfast - So if you want a cold beer in the evening, get one in Tesco. No fridge in room.
Room can get warm in summer - Therefore, ask George for a fan and keep your windows open.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kamil K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed for three nights in the twin room en suite, really comfortable, clean and the staff were very courteous and pleasant.
Breakfast was lovely and fresh, would really recommend to stay here great price for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah T
Nottingham united kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having to stay in Harrow due to the death of my niece I booked into the Hindes Hotel as it was the only one showing vacancies.
My stay ended up being for over 4 weeks and I have never met more courteous members of staff as I found here. Bookings, because I did not know how long my stay was going to be, were very easy and the staff went overboard to accommodate and assist me at such a dreadful time. After being there for a while I was given a preferential rate which helped take the strain off my pocket.
I never had the feeling of being unwelcome and someone was always available to help me.
The hotel itself was generally in good to very good order, I did however have to share a bathroom but this was of very little inconvenience. Bedding was replaced as requested and rooms were maintained to good standard. Although freely offered I was not able or in the mood to sample breakfasts provided, but other guests stated it was more than adequate. The Hotel boasts ample parking for residents in a very secure car park at the rear and access to and from the site was easy. The Hotel faces a large Tesco superstore which was extremely convenient for me at the time.
All in all the hotel provided me with good service and I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.
Thank you to all members of staff for your help and assistance throughout my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Paddywhack P
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel and after reading the bad reviews we were really put off! However upon arrival we were pleasantly supprised to be greeted with the most friendly member of staff-George. Our room was very clean and comfortable, with ensuit, no problems with sharing bathrooms or deposits for room keys like i had previously read! Excellent service from beginning to end! I would stay there again and i would recommend for an overnight stay. Cheap and cheerfull!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kathsweet
Derby
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hotel was basic but very clean very good value for the money and it inclued breakfast. two stops from Wembly on the tube. Ample car parking spaces which is allways a plus. We would stay there again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AndynSam
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When booked hotel said would pay cash when got there Money had been taken out of my account for the first night I was hassled continually for payment for second night . Breakfast Luke warm kept warm then plated when u ordered even though we were having breakfast at 8.30 only served from 8 . Beds weren't made the second day quilts just thrown on bed !!!!! Sheets weren't clean shower went cold if a tap was turned on very dated definitely needs refurbishing green sink and toilet think that says it all . At breakfast cereals kept in cupboard no helping yourself to anything not like most hotels and B and B .catches missing off windows !!!! I had read previous reviews for this hotel couldn't have been the same one !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
rickya a, Manager at Hindes Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
On Wembley show / event days all hotels either pre authorise or charge for the first night, its standard practice. Breakfast on show weekends is usually from 8am to 9.30am & the first trays of bacon /sausage etc are put into the griddle / grills at 7.45am & another during service if needed. It is not a buffet, it is served to your table, hence you can't help yourselves to cereals. Cereals are kept in cupboards, where else could we store it. Beds are not stripped every day but made up with bins emptied, glasses / cups / spoons cleaned, towels changed, and sheets changed if requested. We use toilet disinfectant in a pine green colour, hence toilets have a green colour. Our sheets are delivered washed & starched by one of the biggest laundry suppliers in the industry. Many thanks for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Harrow hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
#3 of 12 in Wembley
Kingsland Hotel
Kingsland Hotel
#693 of 1,069 in London

Been to Hindes Hotel? Share your experiences!