“A Very Good Place To Stay”
Review of Hindes Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hindes Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
London, United Kingdom
“A Very Good Place To Stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I started staying at the Hindes Hotel last year, and I have the same pleasant experience every time. The rooms are spacious, there is LOTS of secure parking and fast wireless internet; I always get a good hot breakfast in the large dining room.
The B&B is bang opposite a huge 24-hr Tesco, so you can get anything at anytime; nonetheless it is in a quiet side-street, so no street noise. It's a 3-minute stroll from Harrow Town Centre, so you can go shopping, get takeaways or hit the nearby bars.
The only con I've noticed is that they've begun charging for internet connection- something like £2 a day, but for the comfort I get, I can live with that.
I don't even bother looking elsewhere when I'm in London- Hindes Hotel is on my satnav!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Lamurudu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
london
Reviewed 12 January 2009

very good value for the cost of room
it was nice to have fast wireless internet connection in the room
free parking and breakfast
rooms were clean and comfortable
very friendly staff
convenient for the transport
not much bigger room but quite ok for the money paid

• Liked — location, price, staff and breakfast
  • Disliked — size of the room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of May 08
First impressions from the outside were not good dirty horrible looking but didn't have an alternative as was booked by our company
The guy on reception insisted I had to pay on arrival (never thought to check out room first as would have obviously gone elsewhere)
He then took me to my room which stunk and he opened windows etc to 'help'. room was very dirty, carpet filthy, luckily was mostly a place to drop my bags so left for work
On my return I wanted a wi-fi voucher but when I rang the bell at reception there was no answer, then I saw the little old guy hiding in the other room
Next morning 'cooked breakfast' consisted of bacon and cold pre-cooked eggs started wretching and had to leave Luckily opposite a Tesco so went there.
Don't do it !!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank nicelondonwanted

Travellers are raving about these Harrow hotels

sheffield
Reviewed 9 July 2007

After failing to book a hotel near london when visiting Wembley for a gig, I decided on Harrow. Unfortunately I chose the Hindes hotel. The room was dirty, stains and what looked like a hole from someone punching the wall. Bedding seemed clean but I never felt as if the rest of the room had been fully cleaned.

On the website for the Hindes Hotel it states it is a 3 diamond establishment. When looking on the English Tourist Board website I find no mention of this.

I'd recommend people to try elsewhere unless they only need to rest their head for a few hours and enjoy a microwaved english breakfast.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank jumpingmonkey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
St George's Hotel - Wembley
The Barn Hotel
The Barn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ruislip

Been to Hindes Hotel? Share your experiences!