“Nice food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Prezzo - Harrow

Prezzo - Harrow
Ranked #191 of 342 Restaurants in Harrow
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Six of us booked a table at Prezzo for New Years Eve and were all really disappointed by the service.
I'll start with the good though. We had a great table, round and in the middle of the room and the food was really nice. The atmosphere was pleasant, great xmas music going and not too noisy. However that's where the good ended.
We expected the restaurant to be absolutely buzzing but it was practically empty when we got there at 7.30 and was just about full when we left at nearly 10oclock. That's not the restaurant's fault, but it doesn't explain why absolutely everything took so long, the staff were miserable or why we had to keep asking for things because the only thing offered to us were menus. I guess they expected us to order and make our own dinner because we had to ask for our drinks and food order to be taken, the former sat at the bar for 10 minutes before we got them (We could see our wine sitting there, calling to us), we waited even longer between our starters and mains, only half the table had been cleared when we were offered dessert menus and we waited so long for our dessert order to be taken that we chose to go without. When a friend pointed that out, the waiter looked as if he couldn't care less. Which maybe he couldn't, but his job is to pretend he does care.
As a waitress myself I felt a little guilty for not leaving a tip as it was new year and the food was actually quite nice but I completely understand why no tip was left. The restaurant wasn't brimming with guests but the man who I assume was the manager seemed to be spending more time with the large party of people waiting at the door than he did focusing on the customers he already had. The waiters and waitresses were all over the place, bringing the wrong food to tables leaving half the plates on the table without coming back to collect them. We even had the wrong cutlery, a few of us had butter knives while the rest had steak knives and that was before anyone had ordered a thing.
Over all, we had a disappointing evening and won't be coming back.

• Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great manager Jacek!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We came here for a birthday meal - there were 14 of us and a real mixed bunch of ages. The food was great but most of all we appreciated the high level of service afforded to us all under the watchful eye of manager Jacek - the staff were super attentive and even the littl'uns were given VIP treatment, and our request for two sets of birthday cakes, with candles, lights out and all the usual noise didn't phase them. We had a brilliant night, thanks Jacek!!!

• Visited December 2013
“Good Food and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had a great meal at a good price.
Range of options availaible to suit everyone.
Good atmosphere inside

• Visited October 2013
Nottinghamshire
“Lovely food, nice setting, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a very pleasant experience at the restaurant. We arrived and where seated promptly. We ordered the wine which was also brought to the table soon after. The starter was lovely, if I have one small comment it was there was not enought time between courses, but we managed quite well to eat everything before the next course arrived. All in all a pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2013
middlesex
“Terrible chef and average food for the high prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Went here for lunch today as it was my sons birthday.

The 2 kids meals were fine and came nice and hot. However the issue that I did have was; my daughter ordered the pizza and twice I had to send it back as it was not been sliced properly. All the chef did was make more lines in the pizza but not actually slice the pizza all the way through so that my daughter could lift the pieces. In the end, my husband and I gave up and sliced the pieces up ourselves. Bearing in mind my daughter is still a toddler this was really annoying.

I ordered the prawn spaghetti and my husband ordered the meatballs. Both dishes were bland and tasteless. There was no seasoning and the meatballs tasted like there were defrosted rather than freshly made. We ate the food but I don't think that any of us would go to this restaurant again. I think this prezzo is only busy as its right near the cinema not due to tasty food or good service.

I did speak with the manager afterwards and he did apologise for the poor food as he was putting my credit card through the system. What a surprise no discount was offered as most restaurants would provide. I found this terrible and such poor customer service.

I would like to point out that the time we went today there were only four other customers eating. So there really was no excuse for the chef producing such poor quality food. It seemed like he was just cooking and throwing food out rather than taking pride in what he was producing.

Overall I would not recommend the food or this resturant and would never eat here again. I would also encourage my friends to avoid this place too.

• Visited September 2013