“A surprise find in small-town Sussex”
Review of Wabi

Wabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Wabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 166 Restaurants in Horsham
Price range: US$13 - US$110
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The first authentic Japanese restaurant in Horsham, Wabi offers a modern Japanese fine dining experience with a cocktail bar and a simple yet elegant decor. Easily accessible within 10 minutes' walk of Horsham rail station and Horsham Park, Wabi showcases contemporary Japanese cuisine from it's celebrated chefs. Each dish combines traditional Japanese culinary techniques with quality local ingredients, making for a modern Japanese dining experience. With a stylish design throughout, Wabi is split into three main areas for dining. Enjoy Wabi Bites and cocktails in the lively atmosphere of the bar on the ground floor, or sample delicious Japanese specialities in the main restaurant on the first floor. Signature dishes include the Smokey Dragon Roll, Crispy Squid Kara Age, Alaskan Black Cod in Miso, Tea Smoked Lamb Chops & finish off by digging deep into a Kuro Mori dessert. Private booths and a traditional tatami mat seating area are also available for corporate meetings, special occasions and large parties.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A surprise find in small-town Sussex”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Moved back to the UK having lived Tokyo - my husband and I are "foodies". Took a while to get the nerve up to try UK sushi after regularly eating the best in the world.
Needn't have worried. Whilst the sushi and other Japanese dishes aren't the best we've eaten, it's certainly of the best we've eaten in the UK.
A very good authentic menu well executed. We go there regularly and would certainly recommend Wabi to friends - particularly if they haven't eaten sushi before - don't let supermarket or chain-restaurant sushi be your standard - this is how good it should be! Cocktail menu is great too.
Sorry it was closed after fire, can't wait for the reopening in September.

Visited March 2014

Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Brilliant value”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A delight to eat there. Always fresh Sushi, Sashimi, Bento Box and Tempura dishes are to die for.
The other Japanese eatery a few doors away is prepared by students for roughly the same price. Need I say more.
Worth every penny.

• Visited July 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Hmm...shame”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After hearing such great reviews, I was actually rather disappointed after my visit! Staff seemed very knowledgeable on the menu, however our waitress simply reread the menu back to us when we asked questions, plus was SO SO quiet that despite her standing right next to me, I hardly heard a word she spoke, at all.
Plus, the restaurant was empty, so staff seemed to just be milling around watching us eat, in turn making me feel quite awkward (especially as I'm no dab hand at using chopsticks!)

On the plus side, the food was delicious.

Ashington, England, United Kingdom
“Wabi-wabi good!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A tasty journey from beginning to end. Garden outside fab for pre- supper drinks and the inside attractive with the water-wall. Staff extremely well informed on all aspects of the menu and it was really yummy.

Visited February 2014
West Sussex U.K
“Would love to but couldn't get in the door”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

However, I tried to book a table for 6 on my iPhone but signal failed me, my two sons, their girlfriends and my husband and I (in our 50's & 60's) just turned up on Friday eve, 8.30ish only to be met by two doormen. One of them asked us to queue up in an imaginary queue (there was no one there), without us saying a word the second one decided that my son's brand new dark brown Espadrilles were 'as near as you can get to trainers' and turned us away. Really guys!!? Your website states 'smart and fashionable wear' no sportswear. We then went over to Tristan's who were only too happy to relieve us of our £500. It's a shame because I have eaten here before with my family and wanted my husband to experience it. As one business owner to another and a family that has eaten in restaurants all over the world I suggest you have a word with your doormen unless you don't need the business.

Visited May 2014