“An early Supper”

Ranked #4 of 171 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After a very warm and hard day, cooking didn't appeal, so we drove into Horsham, the Town of Fifty places you can eat !! and walked along the precinct, and settled on Cote's who offer a Pre 7pm Limited menu of 3 courses for £11.99 plus 12.5% gratuity.
It was not full, so cool and quiet. The limited menu was reasonable, and good value.
the service given it was not full, was slow, it took twenty minutes to take our order for food.
But the food was very good, so worth the wait !
My only criticism of Cote, and I'm sure others would say the same, is the automatic addition
of 12.5% service charge. So the £11.99 is really just under £13.50.
We all realise this is to increase the profit level, and business is business, but I wonder if it would not bring in more profit, if the set price was split and the 3 course meal was £12.75, and gratuity discretionary ? I personally give 10% so my £12.75 would become £14.03, thus 4% more than
the fixed price of £13.50, and I'm happier if I make the decision on gratuity, rather than being told what to give. I am involved in Marketing, but I wonder if others feel the same ?
Maybe Cote could try it, and see if it did adversely affect their profits ?
Whether they do or not, I would return to Cote, in fact have arranged a Breakfast meet there next week !!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Decided to treat the other half after six weeks with a wrist injury, great fillet steak and good value!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We go to Cote regularly (in fact it's my mid-week favourite). A great choice of well-executed dishes, and there is always something that each member of the family wants to eat. (Kids 8 & 12).
Atmosphere is good, food tastes great and service excellent (though can suffer when busy)

1  Thank Demanding_customer45
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited for Sunday late breakfast/brunch with family.

Good variety on the menu. However, not sure why when serving the toast and butter no extra knives were given?

In additional 12.5% service charge is a little steep. If I want to give a tip I will, why I am told what to give? This is England not France.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

As always, Cotes provided great value, good quality food. Steak frites was over done, but replaced without question and very quickly.
Free Kir Royale in honour of our anniversary. Current 'special' starter (baked Crottin with salad) was excellent.