“Excellent food in cosy surroundings”
Review of The Chequers Inn

The Chequers Inn
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Lunch or dinner excellent food, good wine list and draft beers. Spend an enjoyable lunchtime or evening here. Owned by the chef, best advert for it.

1  Thank rogermb

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I had a lovely snack lunch at this pub. The food was beautifully cooked and presented. We had not been here before so it was a great surprise. We will certainly be visiting again.

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We originally booked a table outside, but it was cold so we went inside an asked for a table. This was around 7.15pm and the restaurant was fairly empty.The first person we saw looked a little annoyed but found us the nearest table which was close to the toilets. I asked if we could have the table nearby which was far better - but she snapped "it's booked". No politeness or smile.

However, the young girls serving were very good and so was the food. We saw a couple being seated at the table we requested about an hour into our meal, and it was obvious that they were well known to the owners/managers. It was also obvious that if you are a frequent visitor and/or known to the management, you will get preferential treatment - completely understand this, however how does the management know whether we have moved into the area and intend becoming locals?

Shame as this spoilt an otherwise very pleasant evening - but rudeness/terseness is unnecessary.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went here with my partner for my birthday for the first time. It was delicious- we both had fillet steak with potatoes, spinach and wild mushrooms it was probably the best steak I've had. Everything was perfect. Then we finished with sticky toffee pudding - which considering I'm not that much of a pudding person I absolutely loved.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A group of around 20 of us organised in aid of Cancer research walked 10 miles to raise money for a very good cause this Sunday. During the route we stopped off at the Chequers along with one other pub, The Red Lyon in Slinfold. At the Chequers we was greeted by rude bar staff that advised we continue our walk, in her words "Charity or not I want them gone" We was then told that some empty bottles we had on us would have to be carried back with us rather then them dispose of them in their bins!!! How disappointing for the two woman that had organised such a great event and all of us that completed the walk for such a fantastic well needed cause. I hope they are ashamed of how they behaved and the staff our reprimanded on customer service. I along with all of the others will avoid this pub at all costs.

14  Thank Abbiemcm