“2 nights in horsham premier inn”

Premier Inn Horsham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“2 nights in horsham premier inn”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hotel is ok but room a little bit to hot(no air con just a fan). Stopped here for 2 nights with work. Reception staff amazing very helpfull(will stop at hotel again). Resturant was very ramdom. first night was excellent waitress very good and efficent. 2nd night not to good, did'nt book a table as was'nt to busy went down at 8pm and got told to wait 15 mins for a table, but after 5 mins wait was told there was a table available now!! (plus resturant looked empty when i went to the toilet) quick with drinks order, when main meal turned up i asked for ketchup and vineger, but waitress forgot plus i needed a knife and folk which i was going to ask for when she brought ketchup, but ketdhup and vineger never turned up untill waitress came back to ask if meal was ok. breakfast was ok but 20 min wait foord and it was very well cooked nearly burnt. lol.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Horsham Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up with the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 30 September 2013

staff are very friendly and expect a warm welcome. location and parking were central and good. However, rooms are quite hot, fans provided could'nt cool room down at night, considering that we stayed there at the end of Sept, I cant imagine what a hot summer day will be like, most of the corridors were also very hot . lots of choice for breakfast but of you don't like burnt sausages avoid the sausages and chargilled chicken and burger were very well done ie burnt at dinner time

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Solihull
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Staying in Horsham on business, I was bookd into the Premier Inn for 3 nights. It was as one expects from this chain: good clean basic facilities, comfortable bed, a good night's sleep and an onsite restaurant, in this case a Beefeater in which I ate on the first eveninga nd found to be better than expected and entirely adequate. Service was adequate but too too friendly. Often I stay at the Durham Premier Inn, where the staff are not only efficient but very friendly, which always makes a stay all the better. On reflection, the difference here is a reflection of the UK geographic divide and more a criticism of Southerners rather than this Premier Inn.
Where I did have proble was with Premier's charging policy: the price for the 3 nights booked originally was £ 255.75 including breakfast, that is 85.25 per night including 8.25 for full English breakfast. A tad expensive for a Premier Inn, I thought, but you know what you're going to get and that it will be of an adequate standard, and it was convenient to where I would be working, so far enough.
However, having had a not very good trip round the M25 en-route, I decided that I really would prefer not to repeat the M25 but in the rush hour on the way back and decided to stay another night. Foolishly, I did not ask for the price assuming that it would be the same as before. My room was available for the fourth night, but they could not take a payment as the system would not allow them to at the time, so I paid on my last day, and was charged a whopping £118.25, with no negotiation possible. To run salt into the wound, at breakfast the next morning I was informed that I was not entitled to the full breakfast. In view of the amount charged, and that I had asked for the full deal, I was insistent and got what I wanted. Particularly galling as on the first day I had become invisible and was not offered/did not get the full breakfast paid for.
All in all I felt that I had been the subject of Ryanair-style extortion on a grand scale, so certainly the next time I stay away Premier Inn will not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Be clear on what they're going to charge you.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John P
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here with my husband while visiting family in the local area. We booked online and this didn't quite go to plan and ended up booking two rooms. The hotel helped to sort this out and we were told we would be refunded. On arrival we were welcomed by a young man who was very kind and friendly and made our booking in a pleasure and fast.
We were staying on the first floor which was right at the far end of the restaurant. The hallways were hot but the hotel were trying to do there best by having fans throughout.
The room was as high standard as they ever are (we have stayed in quite a few now)
The room was a little warm so we put the fan on before going and getting something to eat.
The rooms are always warm but never unbearable. We had an amazing sleep and the hotel was busy but we didn't here a sound.
The breakfast was good quality and everything anyone would ever want.
I would stay here again and would recommend to all. Overall amazing quality room, food and staff thank you!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracey m
Becky T, General Manager at Premier Inn Horsham Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that the staff were very helpful throughout your stay & the room was of great standard. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Arrived quite late at night and checked in swiftly by a friendly young chap. I noticed in the reception area the heat was unbearable with a fan blowing. I asked if the rooms had air conditioning and was told no.This is odd as the hotel has recently been refurbished so there is no excuse why air con has not been installed other than Whitbread penny pinching and putting profits people guests.

I was allocated a room on the ground floor a few steps away from the reception desk.

The room was modern / clean and up to Premier Inn standards but the heat in the room was unbearable. A small desk fan is provided but completely hopeless just circulating warm air around the room.

The window can be opened but only a centimeter or two.

My other complaint would be the sound proofing. I could hear every single step from the room above in the morning which was annoying.

I would return to this hotel but only in the winter and if I was allocated a room on the top floor.

I have emailed a formal complaint to Management but have yet to receive a response.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor. This hotel has no air con so avoid during the summer months unless...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dmawson
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Horsham Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured we will follow up with the Management Team to ensure your email is addressed. Thank you once again for your review.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Loved attentiveness of staff at evening meal and we felt the meal was very tasty. Breakfast has good choice but feel the staff are less attentive - waiting nearly 10 mins for cooked breakfast is not ideal
+ across road from station. - This is an older building so tired on outside somewhat

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paulene C
Thank you for your recent feedback. I will pass on your good comments regarding breakfast & evening meal to the Beefeater.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at Premier Inn Horsham for 2 nights August 2013. We slept well and had a massive breakfast, though if I had realised what was on the continental I may not have bothered paying the extra for cooked. Interestingly there was no room on the feedback to say why I chose this hotel over the Travelodge ie there was free on site parking. As it turned out the position was excellent, right by the station and a 12 minute walk to the town centre.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CautiousCruiser
Thank you for your feedback, great to hear you slept well. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
South Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel
The Hickstead
The Hickstead
#1 of 1 in Bolney

Been to Premier Inn Horsham Hotel? Share your experiences!