“Olde English Country Pub with Fab Food and Super Staff”

The George and Dragon
Ranked #9 of 171 Restaurants in Horsham
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The George & Dragon is a family owned and run 17th century country free house pub in the hamlet of Dragons Green, set in the beautiful Sussex countryside. The pub is child-friendly and dog-friendly. It has a large secluded garden with a bouncy castle for children in the Summer months, and a roaring inglenook fire roaring in the Winter months. We serve a range of real ales, lagers and wines. Our food is locally sourced and freshly cooked. We have two quirky king size bed & breakfast rooms in a converted stable. In May 2015 Jon Ewers and Simon Corby took over the management of the pub.
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A super pub off the beaten track, plenty of parking and plenty of outside seating. Sunday Roast is fabulous, a decent size main course. Desserts are to die for!!! This visit I ordered yet another different dessert and was thrilled. Seasonal produce makes the menu different each time we visit. Staff were brilliant as usual, always smiling, whatever the request.
It is best to book a table so as not to be disappointed, indicating a popular pub.
Highly recommend this quinessentially English pub.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our walking group visited this pub recently during a 10 mile walk. We phoned the pub about 30 minutes beforehand so they were expecting us. The pub looks very attractive from the outside, and was welcoming on the inside! After ordering our food and drinks, we sat out in the spacious beer garden. The beer I drank (pint of Harveys Best Bitter) was lovely and fresh - just right after 5 miles of walking. The food arrived quickly and my order, Dragon Burger, was very tasty and homemade. I'd certainly recommend this dish but, be careful, it already comes served with chips so no need to order (as I did) a side portion of chips. My only complaint here is that they should have told me it came with chips hence my down-rating to 4 stars.
Nice pub and we'll be back for more!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Having just arrived at our holiday B+B destination (Goffsland Farm) we were guided by the landlady to The George and Dragon for a pub meal. It was only 1.5 miles across farm fields and we arrived about 6.30 pm. It was already 90% booked for the busy Friday evening but we found one table and ordered our meals (Veal escalope and a 10 oz Sirloin steak). With three serving but more than 30 diners and those simply having a drink the staff were very busy. Our food was disappointing (my plate was cold and my wife's veal was very tough). The two half pints were good and the wine (Pinot Grigio) was fine. I can imagine if we had gone to pub on a quieter day it would be fine! These reviews are simply a snapshot of customers. Friday 30th August 6.30 pm.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

It's been several years since we've visited The George and Dragon, but it seemed just the place to go on a summer's evening.

The food was good value, compared with other pubs in the area (£11.95 average main course).

The pub has been refurbished since our last visit and looks very attractive.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

after a walk on the canal with my daughter and wheelchair bound aunt we decided we needed food, the george and dragon just a short distance away was just what we needed,we arrived early and food was not yet being served 11.40am,, but we were greeted kindly and asked if we would like drinks and a menu, food to be started at 12.00 noon, by the time we looked at the vast menu it was time to order,we ordered off the two for one menu and one seperate meal which was a bargain, the food was quickly served it was hot and good value for money, definately a return visit is on the menu

1  Thank Ann Q