“Good value for money”

Best Western London Ilford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel is relatively recent, and it has an annex across the road which has been refurbished in March 2013. So when I stayed it was very new and clean.
My room was a very good size room, my colleague's room was much smaller ( still nice but definitely smaller). The bed was very comfortable.
The shower was powerful, which is always nice! In particular as when I stayed it was very sunny and hot.
The room itself was cool at night, which was very nice considering the daytime temperature.
The breakfast was very good, including hot food, fresh fruits ...
The only detail which could be improved on if you like TV, is that only half of the channels were working.

Room Tip: Room 53 was small, room 55 was very large!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OrianeCambridge
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We are certainly pleased that you feel you got your money’s worth stay. This is what we strive for: guests’ satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your friend back in the nearest future!

BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel

There are newer reviews for Best Western London Ilford Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great hotel, excellent service from staff, excellent value for money.For anyone wanting tostay for a few days this hotel has everything you need to keep you going.Price wise it is very comparable for a hotel in London.From first entering the hotel we were made to feel very welcome and upon leaving the staff were just as polite to us.Seek out this hotel if you intend to have a short stay in London

Room Tip: Room was great value for money with everything my partner and myself required for a 2 night stay The...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deb67103

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback with regards to excellent service and value for money!

We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations of how the hotel should be. This is really what we strive for: to make every stay worth its while and to meet every guest’s desire.

Looking forward to meeting you again in BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and chose this hotel as it was significantly cheaper to stay here than in central London with 2 kids. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the station (Left from front of the station, first left then second right) and although its not in the most glamourous areas of London, we were not disappointed!! We were in room 51 (in the Annex across the road). The room had a small kitchen area with kettle, sink, fridge etc. This had a bathroom off it with bath, shower, toilet and sink and plenty of toiletries and towels to hand. The kitchen led through to a huge (in terms of other hotel rooms I have stayed in) living area. This had a 3 seater sofa, wardrobe, desk and 2 armchairs and 2 kingsize beds. There was also a wall-mounted SMART TV with free WI-FI. Despite all this in the room, there was still PLENTY of floorspace.
The staff which worked there were incredibly friendly (mainly eastern european) but always happy to answer any questions and answer any requests that were made at Breakfast time by the missus!! Breakfast was buffet style with Bacon, Sausage, Eggs (Poached and Scrambled) Beans etc available. Pancakes, Toast and Cereals with Juice and Hot Drinks readily available.
In order of travelling to and from London, trains run both ways every 10 minutes and take approx 15 minutes each way to Liverpool Street Station. One thing to be aware of is that although kids ride free on the UNDERGROUND with any paying adults, the train from Liverpool St to and from Ilford is OVERGROUND so if your child is over 5, you will need to buy a seperate ticket for them to cover this part of the journey. As a result, we bought return tickets to Stratford, got off there and jumped on the Central line from there. Total cost was £20.80 a day. This included 2*zone 1-4 travelcards and 2*kids return tickets for Ilford-Stratford. Even if we were staying in Central London, we would still have been paying £11 per day for a 2*zone 1-2 travelcards to get around and what we saved on the hotel more than covered this!!

All in all, a VERY GOOD hotel in not the most glamourous areas with VERY GOOD staff at a VERY GOOD price. What's not to like about it???? If you would like any answers to any questions, please feel free to ask me!!!

Room Tip: Room 51 was HUGE as far as hotel rooms in London go!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marv1n-the-Mart1an

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your detailed and very good feedback!

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our newly opened Annex building as indeed our rooms over there are very suitable for families with kids as they are spacious and have kitchenettes.

We were extremely happy to read your comments in such words of praise as we aim to provide each and every guests with comfortable and memorable stay.

Thanks again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Excellent hotel, everything is clean and fresh, well worth the £55.00, the breakfast was also very good and the staff are very accommodating.

I had to get out of the Best Inn Hotel across the road as it is just an absolute hole and these guys welcomed me with open arms, gave me a lovely room and looked after me.

Room Tip: Hotel is very good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am truly happy to read that you had enjoyable stay and value for money.

Nice to see that you enjoyed breakfast and service provided.

Hope to see you again in the nearest future!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We chose this hotel because we were going to a gig at the Olympic Park. The hotel is a 2 min walk to Ilford Station with trains every few mins to Stratford/London.

Free car parking in front of the hotel. Check in was fast and the staff polite. The room (in the annexe building accross the road) was small but adequate, especially as we were out all day and night. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot and cold buffet style and again adequate.

The only issue we had was in the actual booking. We used booking.com and the process was fine as usual. When we first booked the hotel took the price of the room as guarantee from my card (which took nearly a week to be refunded back), this in itself is not uncommon. However, a week before our actual arrival the hotel tried to take the guarantee again (standard practice apparently??), because this happened the day before payday initially there was not enough money to cover it and I was informed that I had 48 hours to solve this or my booking would be cancelled.

Effectively, on arrival I had paid for the room twice until my card is refunded (assume this will be a week again?). This is totally unneccesary and I have never heard of it before.

We would definately use this hotel again when doing anything in London but would pay up front for the room to save all the aggrevation with the card guarantee which took a bit of a shine off our overall feelings of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was a good hotel I am not sure it should be rated as a four star though by the AA. I found the staff to be friendly the room was small but big enough for two people, the bed was quite short if like me you are over six feet. The breakfast was wonderful and was buffet style. The area is not exactly a four star area and you could hear a lot going on outside.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Justin,
First of all I would like to thank you for your kind review.
It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Lovely to see that breakfast and service met your expectations.
As you have noticed in a right way we are not a 4 star hotel but 4 star guest house accommodation which is equal to 3 star property according to AA.
Thanks again for your time and hope to see you soon.
Regards,
Best Western Ilford Hotel

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I would definately stay here again.The Staff were really attentive, polite and friendly.I had tried this Hotel once before and was dissapointed. I decided to try the hotel once more as it was close to where we intended to visit. I addressed those issues during my booking and i was surprised by thier efforts in trying to make this visit more pleasant.
They surpassed all expectations , my room was large , spacious, extremeley clean, with all the facilities you would expect in a 5 star hotel and not the 4 star that it is rated. Breakfast was great with a good variety for the vegetarians.
Great value for money and close to all local amenities ,including the train station
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning again.
Once again thankyou to the staff at Best Western-Mohammed (RM 40)
Great value for money

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammed H

Dear Mr Mohammed,
First of all I would like to thank you for your time and kind feedback.
I am glad that you have given us an opportunity to change the negative impression on a positive one. Nice to see that this time you enjoyed your stay in full and we hope to see you again in the nearest future!
Regards,