“Best hotel!!”

Best Western London Ilford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 19 August 2013

staying in this hotel for 2 days very friendly staff which is always ready to help and assist you, nice and clean rooms, very pleasant atmosphere in the hotel, many places in the proximity of hotel location.
Best hotel and staff!!:)

• Stayed: August 2013
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Vanesa,

Thank you very much for a very nice review!

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Nice to know that the service and accommodation met your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel in future!

Manager

There are newer reviews for Best Western London Ilford Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My title says it all really - the Best Western Ilford is nice and cheap cheap, with the general standard being good, however the walls are paper thin so you can hear next door's TV/talking, and the rooms are unbearably hot to be in never mind sleep in!

In addition, whilst I said the general standard is good, there were a couple of niggles such as a broken shower door and slow WiFi that showed a bit more care and attention is needed at this establishment. The staff are helpful and we had no issues with them. If it weren't for the heat and noise would probably have given it 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
I am glad to know that you still found our hotel of a good standard despite the issues with Internet and noise. Please let me reassure you that we do have different rooms available and some of them at the back of the building for the light sleepers like yourself. Please do let the reception know and they will allocate one for you next time you are in the area.

I have noted your concern in regards with the shower door problem. The issue has been fixed and I will personally make sure it is not going to happen again.

Looking forward to meeting you soon in BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel.

Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very good value base when visiting London by car. Ample FREE car parking & only short walk to nearest station for connection to Stratford/central London. We had family room in annex building which not only was huge but was spotlessly clean including the bathroom. Room also had FREE WiFi & a smart tv with numerous options to keep our daughter occupied. Surrounding area isn't exactly inviting however we were only in this to walk to & from station and had no problems at all - NB immediate surrounding area is well equipped with free to use cash machines & Tesco express etc for cold drinks / snacks. Breakfast selection was very good, buffet style with good choice of typical foods, there was also cooked breakfast buffet available - one slight negative for us was that at peak times the breakfast room seems a little too small to cope with demand, forcing us to sit separately, however as our stay was only for one night, we were ok with this. London was still pretty hot at the time of our visit & the heat did make sleeping pretty difficult - we had both windows in room opened wide however area is very busy with people & street noise continued throughout the night, which at times was extremely loud & prevented sleep - perhaps the hotel could consider some form of air conditioning? All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel based on our recent stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Ibbydolla!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!

We do our best to please our guests and I am glad to know that you have felt our genuine service.

It is nice to see that you enjoyed breakfast. As you mentioned in a right way the breakfast room gets busy sometimes. Taking the opportunity I would like to let you know that the guests have the possibility to order breakfast into their room or take it away. I hope you will consider these options next time staying with us.

Thank you very much for your suggesting in regards to the air conditioning. I will bring this to the attention of the higher management. At present we do have fans available on the request from the reception.

Thank you very much for recommending Best Western Ilford Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here for 1 night to attend a bike ride starting in Stratford the next day. It was cheap option, but I wish I'd stayed elsewhere.

Positives:
Reception staff were pleasant and efficient
Room was newly completed, clean, a good size well equipped, and beds were comfortable.
Good showers

Negatives:
Hot. Our room was in the annex over the road, on the basement level. The room had one window that we had to prop open with the guest book in an attempt to get any fresh air into the room. As this window opened straight into the basement corridor, also with no ventilation, this was futile. As others have said, it was unbearably hot all night.
Noisy: The walls are thin, so the TV in the next room could be clearly heard, with added percussion of guests tramping up and down the stairs, the noise of guests in the room above, and people in the corridor.
Insecure: This isn't the safest of neighbourhoods, with warning signs from police about crime and thefts posted on lamp posts in the street. Despite this, the main door to the annex was unlocked, as was the 'fire escape' which led down into the basement where we were staying. Anybody could have walked in which again, didn't make sleeping easy.

All in all, this was probably one of worst nights sleep I've had in a hotel. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement rooms in the annex.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with service and accommodation however I regret to learn that your stay was impacted by the hot weather which is very rare for London.

I have shared your experience with the higher management and let me reassure you that we will review the situation of air circulation in basement rooms. In this hot weather we do provide fans for the guests in need. Also as you pointed in a right way the rooms over there are of a good size and well-equipped, we will review the possibility of installing air conditioning to make them 100% comfortable during summer time.

I have noted your concern in regards to the insecurity of the area. Our hotel has 24 hours security checks and CCTV coverage. As per the posters you mentioned, this measure has been taken all over London in order to prevent theft.

Once again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Booked this 'hotel' for one night to attend a function in the area. The area is run down and not the sort of area you would want to be walking around at night, and most other times. The reception staff were fine, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately that is where the positive feedback ends. Our room was clean and neat but tiny, not enough room for 2 people to move about at the same time. It was also very hot, no air conditioning, so you had to open the window which, being on the ground floor seemed to be a bit of a security risk. The worst part of our brief stay was the constant noise at night which meant it was impossible to sleep. Any movement or activity was amplified around the holtel, the water system, taps and toilets caused constant noise. Also, we requested parking but this was not available as the half dozen or so spaces were taken. A horrible experience and anyone who rates this hotel is either on the staff or in possession of very low standards and expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the feedback. Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience you had with us. We always do our best to meet the expectations of our guests.

I am sorry to know that you felt tight in your room. Best Western Ilford Hotel has 65 rooms and reception staff is there 24 hours to find a room which suits to every guest needs. Just let them know and they will do everything possible. We do also have rooms at the back of the building for very sensitive sleepers.

I have noted your concern in regards to the lack of parking. We do have additional spaces to the “dozen” which was taken on the date of your arrival. Reception staff is more than happy to direct the guests there.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I hope you decide to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed here for one night during the recent heat wave. The room was tiny and, without air-conditioning, was unbearably hot. However, due to noise from other guests sitting in the hotel’s courtyard at night and the kitchen staff from about 5.45 a,m., it was impossible to sleep with the window open and too hot to sleep with it closed. While the bedroom was tiny the bathroom was miniscule - the hand basin was so small that it was difficult to wash even one’s hands in it. The shower was also too cramped to be comfortable.

The advertised free Wi-fi service was unreliable and when I reported this to the reception staff they seemed completely disinterested and fobbed me off with the standard ‘We are having some problems with the server and it will be fixed soon’ response. The service was still affected the following morning.

The buffet breakfast can only be described as average. There was only sliced white bread on offer and no toaster available, while the bacon was undercooked to the point of being almost raw.

The general area around the hotel was uninviting. This feeling was reinforced by police signs outside the hotel warning that ‘thieves operate in this area’. The hotel is approximately 5 minutes walk from Ilford railway station (not the 1 minute suggested by the hotel) and from there it is about 25 minutes to Liverpool Street station. Of course, during the morning peak period trains are very full and difficulty may be experienced boarding services at Ilford, especially with luggage.

Overall. I could not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the feedback.

We were very disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us as it was impacted by the hot weather which is not common in London.

Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning but this is something we are looking to get in future. In the meantime fans are available at the reception to help the situation a bit.

I am sorry to know that the WI-FI connection was unreliable. However the server problems are something which is out of our control. I will definitely speak to the provider to make sure this is not going to happen again.

I am very surprised to know that you did not enjoy breakfast. This is not the usual feedback we get. We do offer toasted brown and white bread and much more than that: yogurts, different cheese types, Danish pastries, croissants and etc .

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 7pm and hadnt eaten, reception staff were extremely helpful in advising where was closest to go and eat and also provided their own takeaway menu.

It was very hot and although we had a large enough window it was still a little uncomfortable to sleep however the staff were very obliging in our request for a fan and brought one to the room straight away.

Breakfast was served for a good length of time so there was no rush to get downstairs to eat and staff were only too happy to help with guiding you round the breakfast set up.

Having checked out from the hotel we were attending a concert that day and the hotel allowed us to keep the car on their carpark until we returned later that evening which saved huge hassle with car parking and cost.

Overall a comfortable & clean hotel, a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Amy S

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for a lovely review!

I am extremely glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay. We genuinely put a lot into exceeding our guests’ expectations and I am very happy to know that we have achieved our aim with you.

We look forward to your next stay,