We have stayed here as a family regularly over the last few years and have only ever had one problem over this time, which was dealt with satisfactorily. However, our latest stay here will be our last. We were shown to our room at 1pm and at this time, the fire alarm was ringing. We returned after a full day in London hoping for a full nights sleep. However, throughout the night from 12.30 am until 3.30 am, we were kept awake by the fire alarm going off-5 times to be exact. At no point did staff ensure we were safe-we did not see or hear from any members of staff. I did ring reception, and, after being told all 5 times were false alarms due to a faulty system, that the hotel manager would speak with us before we left. On check out, we explained that we would appreciate a partial refund on the room rate we had paid, for the inconvenience of the fire alarm being faulty and repeatedly sounding in the middle of the night. We were told this was not possible and that the fire alarm was set off due to people smoking in a room, despite being told several times smoking was not allowed. The manager, Sasha, then went on to explain it had been difficult to ask the smokers to leave in the middle of the night! I then asked to see the hotels fire safety certificate only to be told this was a secret document and she was not allowed to show it to anyone!? We were shocked by this reply. We left totally amazed by how a hotel can actually operate under such circumstances and treat loyal customers in this way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ilford Hotel is situated in the heart of ILFORD Town Centre. A brand new Hotel built to truly international standards. The Best Western Ilford Hotel has "Premier Quality" Rooms all en-suite with power showers and some with baths. Stylish setting with spacious air conditioned reception and lounge. All rooms with high speed internet access, state of the art Media Hub rooms & multi-media facilities that are very rare in UK. The Best Western Ilford Hotel is very close to major attractions, we are 20 mins away from Central London via (Tube/Rail), 10 mins away from Olympic Village and stratford station (Car/Taxi/Bus)15 mins away from Liverpool Street train station, 10 mins away from London City Airport and 20 mins away from London Stansted Airport, 1 min away from British Rail (ILFORD station) (walking), 5 min away from historically famous Ilford golf club (walking), 10 min away from Excel Exhibition centre (Car/Taxi/Bus), 10 min away from O2 Arena. (Car/Taxi/Bus), 1 min away from ILFORD Town centre and Exchange shopping plaza. (walking) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western London Ilford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ilford Hotel Ilford
- Best Western London Ilford Hotel Essex