“Simply faultless.”

Premier Inn London Ilford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We chose this hotel due to it's easy access from the M25 via the M11. Premier inn certainly didn't let us down, fantastic friendly staff including the lady serving breakfast which as usual was spot on. you know what you are going to get room wise, basic, very clean,very comfortable and quiet. We didn't use the beefeater so can't comment, it was getting a lick of paint on the outside. The Redbridge tube station across the road makes this hotel the perfect place to stay, we will deffo be back even if we come by train

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John T

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We spent two nights at this premier inn and was most welcome from the moment we booked in. On booking in we did mention that we phoned in advance asking for a room on the quiet side of the hotel, as I felt I might not get much sleep with the busy road. We were told that we had a ground floor room on that side and if we were happy with it. The room itself was like any other premier inn, clean and comfortable.
Going into London we found the tube station across the road and it only took half hour.
We didn't have breakfast during our stay but we did have a meal at the beefeater. When we asked for a table, we were told we have to wait an hour for a table in the restaurant or we can have our meal in the lounge area, which we did. The restaurant didn't seem that busy at the time, so my advice is if you want to eat in the restaurant then book in advance. The meal we had was excellent and we did go for the deal they had £13 for 2 courses or £15 for 3 courses which was good value.
This premier is excellent for London and if you want to go shopping at Westfield it's only 2 stops away and what a shopping experience.
We would only be to happy to stay here again, out of all the premier inns we have stayed in this was the most friendliest, the staff always had a smile on their face and nothing was too much trouble .

Room Tip: phone in advance and ask for a room on the quiet side
1  Thank sunseeker0808
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything is superb from the welcome to the rooms and the free secure parking.

Concerned that my brand new van would be a magnet to unpleasant people, man on desk reasured me that they do not have problems and even showed me where to park so to be seen on cameras.

Fantastic service and stay.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last time we came to the Chelsea Flower Show and didn't hesitate to book it again.

Apart from the close proximity to the tube (just across the road) it's great value for money and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is unrivalled.

Unfortunately the adjacent bar and restaurant are a little dated and tired but the staff were also helpful and friendly. An alternative is the Rima Tandoori just across the road - a no frills Indian restaurant offering great value food at very reasonable prices. Whilst it's unlicensed they are happy for you to bring your own - from the off licence next door.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iona007
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Excellent hotel with parking and the underground right on the doorstep
taking you right into the center of London with 30 mins. we've been twice this year already and going back in August. Very helpful and friendly staff my Favorite London stay by far.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Excellent value for money, only blot on the horizon was the lack of cutlery for breakfast as apparently there had been a 'rush on'. We were guided to a table which had no cutlery and when we went for our continental breakfast, there were then no plates on which to put our food.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Can't praise this hotel highly enough. All the staff - every single one - were cheerful, friendly, went out of their way to help, and were always smiling, even though I know sometimes they must have been so tired. I had some very painful business to deal with during the week I stayed there, and I really appreciated the high quality of the customer service, not just for me but for other guests, too. They're a great team at Ilford and they should all feel proud of doing a great job.

Dinner in the adjoining restaurant is excellent. There are options for vegetarians even though it's Beefeater, and the wine list is brilliant. Breakfast also is wonderful, with plenty of choice, everything fresh and unlimited for the price you pay. Here's one guest who appreciated multiple coffee refills, I can tell you. Tables outside on the grass, too, and the place is busy in the evenings. Nice lively atmosphere.

The room was very comfortable, everything worked - including the hairdryer! - and was super clean. Plenty of towels, and a bed so comfortable you won't remember going to sleep, it's that heavenly. A choice of soft or firm pillows, too. Nice long desk for working at if you need to, and decent mirrors and wardrobe space. Decent power in the shower, too.

The only thing I had a problem with - and this was not the hotel's fault but of the website to sign up for wifi. It's a little tricky and in my case, didn't go to a page confirming payment once I'd managed to persuade it to accept a log-in and put in my card details, but simply hung. A little frustrating. Also, bear in mind that if you buy the 24 hours for £3, it's 24 hours in one block. You can't spread those 24 hours over 2 or 3 days - the 24 hours stops exactly 24 hours later. You can get 15 mins free per day but that may not be enough for what you need.

Anyway, all in all I would recommend this Ilford Premier Inn to anyone needing a restful and well-cared for time. I can't praise them highly enough, and what stands out the most for me is the high quality of the customer service. It is truly excellent. Thank you so much.

Suzanne Bosworth

Room Tip: There is no A/C, so if the coming summer is hot you may well find sleeping difficult as the windows...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business