“Adequate for the purpose.”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 23 September 2013

First impression was that the Hotel was as expected. (Large house or houses turned into a hotel)We entered from the car park at the back which was secure. The hotel looked better the further in we got. Reception was smart and the staff were friendly. First time i haven't been shown to my room but that was fine, it wasn't difficult to find. There was 5 of us so we had a triple and a double room. The triple was clean and tidy. Radiator had fallen off the wall? Hot water took 10 minutes to come through by which time i had taken a cold shower. Beds were very comfortable but we required extra pillows. The guy tried to find us some but couldn't. Slept with my head on a rolled up towel, at least he tried. The double room was newly furbished, smart, clean.
Breakfast was excellent, what more can i say about that.
We stayed 1 night and we were out in the evening checked out after breakfast.
For that its definitely adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for choosing the Park Hotel Ilford for your recent visit to London and we do appreciate your feedback.
The guests’ feedback is very important for us, whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience you may had during your stay.
I will take the opportunity to inform you that we do have 24 hrs maintenance service, and our team will respond to any requests. Therefore, in the future, please inform one of my colleagues at the reception for any help you may need.
It is a pleasure to see that you marked the good customer service of our staff.
We hope to see you in the future. You can give us a call anytime for our latest offers and promotions.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

In last 4 years, I have stayed more than 5 times in this nice little hotel for various reason. Wonderful interior, clean and trendy look, always attracted me. Budget friendly and very near to Ilford Town Centre. Will definitely back soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Nadim S

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all staff at Park Hotel we would like to thank you for your lovely review.
It is a real pleasure to read your comments and I'm delighted to hear you are enjoying your stay at Park Hotel every time you book with us.
Your great feedback has already been share with the whole hotel team and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This should not be called a hotel, I do not want to say what it should be called. First of all when we checked in the room was so small and smelly, the so call "closet" was not even attached to the wall and almost fell on me, the room was overlooking the road which was so loud, I went down stairs to tell the hotel check in person who told me they will screw it back to the wall in the morning, I said I need a room change, he gave us a room by a little playground in the back of the hotel, very very small and smelly as well (moldy) I tried to wash my hands in the tiny sink which soon over flowed. We got there so late and after a long drive from the airport decided to stay the rest of the night call Expedia in the morning and they said they can't help us, we paid for 6 nights and did not have any more money to go to a next hotel so we were stucked here. We decided to go visit a friend on the outskirts of London 3hr. drive so we can have a few nights of peace. Please stay away. I am not sure but I think there was some kind of insects on the bed (bed bugs?) not sure but we were itching did not see bites this is why I am saying not sure. I ask for a extra pillow, from on of the staff he said he will tell the other and this went on never got that pillow, no phone, so no wake up call if you need to have one. No hair dryer, but lots of stuff coming up from the sink..PLEASE STAY VERY FAR FROM THIS PLACE

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor.
Is a big disappointment for us that the room did not meet your expectation but after your feedback we have investigated all your comments and the room allocated to you is what you have booked, a standard room equipped with an en suite bathroom, no telephone in the room as we do advertise and inform our clients upon making their booking with us. But we do have Wake – up call service, you just had to ask at the reception, as front desk is available 24hrs.
I truly regret that you did not feel comfortable despite of everything that has been done to make you happy.
In Park Hotel all the rooms are checked, prior check-in, by our Head Housekeeper and also during a stay over and weekly inspection has place from Pest Control and none of the above has been reported.
I will take the opportunity to inform you that at check in time we ask our quests to fill in our “Guaranteed Comfort Survey” so to find out everyone expectation while they are in the hotel and to make their stay comfortable so I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and we will make sure that next time you will be allocated one of our king size rooms.
If I can be assistance any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Tel: 020 8554 9616, Fax: 020 8518 2700

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We are a young couple that have used this hotel recently twice as we travelled to London for the Wimbledon Final and also for the London Anniversary Games - This is in a perfect location for both these attractions as it a 10 minutes walk to Ilford station (which is a lovely shopping area) of which you can get access to anywhere and also join the tube.
The hotel is very reasonably priced and staff are friendly. The rooms are clean and have all the facilities you need for a weekend stay. There is off road parking which is around the back of the hotel so your car is not on the main road.
Breakfast is a little cramped as only a few tables and more guests, we tried to either go at the start of breakfast or near the finishing time - only downfall :-(
There is no bar in the hotel but there is a Wetherspoons 10 mins walk up the hill which is very cheap.
All in all, great location, friendly staff and clean hotel - what more do you need?
We would stay again.

Natalie & Michael xx

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building seem nicer than the ones in the outside building :-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthYorkshireNat
Hotel M, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for this lovely review! I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied during your time with us, and that you would happily return to us in the future.
I will pass the feedback to our all our team, as everyone try their best to offer the best and comfortable service to our guests.
I look forward to providing you with the same fantastic service next time

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for more than 2 weeks in a twin room last month. It just takes 10 minutes on foot to Gants Hill metro station and there is a bus stops with various routes just outside the hotel. Although the room is a bit noisy, yet we have good view of Valentine park.
The room was kept cleaned and sufficient toiletries and coffee/ tea bags were provided. The cleaning maids are friendly and the receptionists are helpful in providing information.
The breakfast is OK as it includes cooked ham, various types of eggs, mushroom, yogurt, bread, Hash brownies, juices...
We felt energetic on our Daily travel ---- good sleep and sufficient food served during breakfast. It is noted that there are many people going down to Breakfast room within an hour on Saturdays and Sundays since it only starts at 8:00 am.
The Hotel is Value for money with respect to service, site surroundings and breakfast, and probably come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank T S L

Dear Stefan,

On behalf of all staff at Park Hotel we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass the praise to entire team and we are delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience with us.
Again, I would like to thank you for your time and valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to Park Hotel for your next holiday to London.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were expecting it to be very basic but even those weren't met. We were running late for check in so called in advance to let them know. We arrived about 20mins after the preffered check in time of 8pm (due to a 50mph limit on m25). We were then told there was a problem with the room and they had arranged a different room in a sister hotel just up the road. After a long day in lego land and unloading the kids and luggage to be told to re pack the car was not ideal. Especially when this could of been easily communicated when we called earlier. However, when we arrived at the sister hotel, the cranbrook, the guy on reception was very nice and accomodating. The room in the cranbrook was pretty shabby. Rusty radiator, missing and peeling paper and no ventilation the room was stifling. There was a fan but it didnt work! But we knew we had booked cheap and only had to sleep there and continue our weekend. How wrong could we have been? I think the walls are made of paper. There was a particulary rowdy group of men in the room adjacent to ours. The noise started at about 10pm and continued until about 2am. This is not essentially a fault with the hotel but nothing was done to stop the noise kowing they had families staying. I will def be paying the extra next time.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear guest,

So disappointed to read you did not enjoy your experience with us which also was impacted by the busy roads in London. Sometimes a day in London can be very tiring.
You have booked a quad room, which is a room for 4 people and when you arrive to the hotel you were 5 people. This was the reason that we offered you a room in our sister hotel Cranbrook, with no extra charges. I am glad my colleague from Cranbrook proved that we have got a good customer service, as for our company guests’ satisfaction is very important.
Please do let us know the exact number of people when you book so we can provide you the best comfort here in Park Hotel.
Hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was exactly what you get for the price, budget accommodation for those who are just looking for somewhere to spend the night and aren't looking for anything special.

If your going to an event at the Olympic Stadium its ideal, 10 minute walk to Gants Hill underground and 3 stops into Stratford. The hotel is in a reasonable area and seemed safe, if you don't fancy the walk you can get a bus from right outside the hotel.

Room was clean and as I say no frills, basically a bed & breakfast rather than a hotel, the breakfast wasn't great, but you could get a cup of coffee and some cereal if you didn't fancy the cooked option.

Would I stay again, yes if I was going to the Olympic park again, I would, but if I was going to something at the O2 or Wembley I would get something more convenient to that

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest ,
Thank you for choosing Park Hotel and for taking the time to leave us your comments. We do appreciate your feedback.
We do provide a variety of other food options, from where you can choose if you do not fancy a cooked breakfast.
We are happy to see that you have chosen to stay with us for a second time now and become a loyal customer.

Once again thank you for you review, and we look forward welcoming you back to the Park Hotel

Kind regards,
E: parkhotel1@hotmail.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Britannia Inn Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#5 of 14 in Ilford
Travelodge London Ilford

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!